The OSU win should mean a definite and immediate expansion of the playoffs

theguru

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrap the entire bowl system and have a 16 team tournament. I don't know whether to praise the bowl committee for letting OSU in or criticize them for letting in FSU over TCU.

Let them in over the only team in the country to not lose a game? Not buying the argument. Prior to the playoffs being played, the argument could be made for TCU over OSU. Even after a sub-par performance in the Rose Bowl they still deserved to be there. TCU had a loss, better to win ugly then lose pretty. FSU deserved to be there, just pooped down there leg on the biggest stage this year.

$$$$

I've never understood the, "it works at every other level" sentiment. What does that even mean? You can draw up a tournament with 23 teams or any arbitrary number and make it work. It doesn't mean it is the best. The excitement of college football is because you have to be on your game every week of the season and each week is filled with elimination games. Some concessions will have to be made the more weeks you add. Less games during a regular season; teams at other levels do not have conference championship games (someone correct me if I am wrong) so that would probably go away.

Let's quit messing around and expand it to 16 teams.

This year proved beyond any doubt the system never worked.

This year was a huge step in the right direction but there needs to be more expansion.

Anyone disagree? Why?

Why did it prove that the system failed this year? Is it because you don't think OSU deserved to win?

8 at the most.

Did anybody else feel weird that the Rose Bowl didn't have the same significance? You just win the Rose Bowl and "We got a lot to work on" just doesn't sit well right now.

With that said, I loved the playoffs.

I stand somewhere in the midst of those two feelings.