Dixie Heights 55 St. Henry 49

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In single games, I agree with you. But St. Henry has played a handful of top NKY teams close. That is a pattern & merits more consideration IMO.

We should stop keeping score then.

Again, the score does not always tell the story. Unless Ennam is lying this was a blowout game that somehow got close late. No clue on the Holmes/Cru game.

St Henry is solid. Limited offensively but solid. Classic mid-tier team.

Again, the score does not always tell the story. Unless Ennam is lying this was a blowout game that somehow got close late. No clue on the Holmes/Cru game.

St Henry is solid. Limited offensively but solid. Classic mid-tier team.

I thought the game was 32 minutes..

Have you ever heard or seen a team having a run.....

Yes. I've also heard of subbing and teams knowing the game is over and letting their guard down. The first 3 quarters tell me that Dixie is much better than St Henry - which we already knew.

Yes. I've also heard of subbing and teams knowing the game is over and letting their guard down. The first 3 quarters tell me that Dixie is much better than St Henry - which we already knew.

Dixie did not start subbing,,besides at what point did I say that St. Henry was better than Dixie..

Dixie did not start subbing,,besides at what point did I say that St. Henry was better than Dixie..

1. Dixie had their best player out injured, correct, for the majority of the 4th qt.

2. Didn't say you said Dixie was better. You seem to be saying the final score is indicative that the teams are close. They are not. The first 3 quarters showed that.

1. Dixie had their best player out injured, correct, for the majority of the 4th qt.

2. Didn't say you said Dixie was better. You seem to be saying the final score is indicative that the teams are close. They are not. The first 3 quarters showed that.

I actually saw the game and you didn't,,,but I will go ahead and take your word for it.....

First off, St Henry was never in the game. If Rabe does not get hurt its a 20+ win for Dixie. When he was guarding Goetz, Goetz did not score.

Once Rabe went out of the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter a few things happened.

1.) St Henry started to press

2.) St Henry coach put in a "goon squad" (classic hockey move)... that's why the 2 bigs were out... I was sitting right behind the St Henry coach and could hear him... he was telling his guys to give the hard fouls, but to not get the intentional

3) the refs switched the way they were calling the game... they were calling super tight fouls in the first half, but then started letting St Henry get away with "hack-a-shaq"... the refs really started holding their whistles and multiple Dixie players were getting hit in the face and even knocked down...

4) I don't know why, but Dixie went to a 2-3 zone after Rabe went out... St Henry has no real speed, nor the athletes to hurt Dixie in a M2M... but Dixie played zone and gave up too many open 3s... St Henry hit a goofy amount of them

Again, I came away less impressed with the Cru... Dixie at full strength beats them by 20+

One last thing... several parents and players saw the St Henry player laughing as he walked away from Rabe while he was on the floor hurt and crying

I guess I witnessed a different game than ennam did. The so called goon squad was the same group that cut the Dixie lead to four in the second quarter. Perhaps that's why Faust played them in the fourth quarter. Also I believe Rabe was playing when St. Henry made that run.

I've never before seen a bunch of 5'9", 165 lb kids called goons in high school but I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. They were giving up an average of at least four inches and thirty pounds across the board but they were quick and aggressive on defense and offense.

From a St. Henry fan perspective I didn't notice the referees changing the way they called the game but that's subjective.

All of that said, Dixie has a very good team and an excellent defense.