Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are You A BASKETBALL FAN or a UK FAN?

Type of Fan 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Type of Fan

    • Basketball In General
      73%
      19
    • Mainly UK?
      26%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

There's no doubt that NBA players are the very best there is in the game of basketball.

 

With me loving the sport so much, it is a bit peculiar, even to myself, that I pay little attention to Pro.

 

I'm not completely sure why, but with a little soul searching, I think that it has something to do with me, while taking in the game, also enjoying watching developing players striving to be their best, and reaching for their highest goals.

 

Few will show signs of greatness at younger levels that might hint at NBA possibilities, while others can show D1 possibilities, which is also nothing to sneeze at.

 

Even many high school players gaining D2 looks can be quite exciting. Some really exceptional talents may never play at any higher level than high school, but still can be quite interesting to watch.

 

In many respects I enjoy watching players who will never play at the next level have the time of their lives striving to win, and maybe even reach their goal of being champs.

 

I'm even a little bored when watching Top 10 high school teams face off because usually it has little to do with their school pride, and most of the players are looking ahead to the next level. Sure they're great, but it seems to lack spirit. Most of those teams are just full of transfers, and didn't even grow up anywhere near where they play.

 

Certainly at younger levels they're hardly ever as exceptional as players you'd see in the NBA (except for the few who are undoubtedly headed in that direction), but for some reason once players hit that highest level my interest in them dies.

 

No doubt admirable, but they're almost too great. The rush to watch a player aim for their highest goals have sorta ended. Of course players still develop while playing Pro, but for the most part there's not much more aiming high other than a championship once they get there.

 

I'm sorta the same way while following careers of musical artists. I enjoy watching the prospects of them becoming largely famous, but typically once they do I start to lose interest in them.

 

I typically don't even want my favorites to really make it too big because I just know how I'll start viewing them psychologically. Sure there's nothing at all logical about that, but I just know how I am.

 

It's the aiming for greatest that I enjoy observing and not so much once they get there, unless they're ultimate goal is something like being state champs. If the ultimate goal is the NBA I dig seeing them reach for it, but then lose interest once they're there.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a basketball fan but I think the reason I am is because I grew up on Kentucky basketball if that makes any sense

Huge basketball fan here. I love watching and keeping up with all KY Boys basketball. If GRC isn't playing I will get on here and try and get web casts of other games and listen to them .Been going to the Boys State tourney for almost 50 years. I have seen some great games there. Huge UK fan, but love watching other games too. I will search the guide every day during season to see what good games are on and watch them.Try and keep up and support all Ky kids that play at the next level.

I guess I should have phrased the question better. It was aimed at people who are UK fans.

 

I know quite a few that simply do not follow any other basketball than UK. They couldn't tell you how former UK players are faring in the NBA.

^ Me

USF season ticket holder (men's and women's). When I am not at the Sundome, I'm watching a college game on TV.

 

TV priority ...

 

1. Football

2. UK or USF basketball. (If both are on at the same time channel flipping occurs.)

3. College basketball.

 

I can tell you what many UK and USF players have done since leaving the school, whether they went to the NBA or not.

 

I do not care for the NBA.

I'm a UK fan but I'll watch other interesting college games as well.

I also enjoy high school basketball and attend the state tournament every year.

 

I don't care much for the NBA. I'll occasionally watch it but most the time I'm satisfied with watching the highlights on ESPN.

My love is deep for the Cats. But I enjoy watching other colleges as well.

 

Don't watch the NBA nearly as much as I did 15 years ago.

 

With coaching, its hard to go watch other high school games.

My name is lawildcat and I am a rabid basketball fan.

 

I go to high school games alone to watch kids who aren't mine and 99% of them I don't even know.

I go to high school games sometimes to watch the refs.

I've been known to pop in during middle school basketball games; again to watch kids that aren't mine and 99% of them I don't know.

I go to high school games to rate their concessions; especially if they have hot pretzels or popcorn.

If given a choice to go to a high school basketball game or just about anything else, my choice will be the basketball game.

My favorite Crosstown Shootout is between Bishop Brossart and Campbell County!

 

College basketball is my 2nd love over high school. I root for all KY schools but my absolute favorite is UK! I love Rick Pitino (although dinner is now out of the question) and I always hope UL does well.

 

I hate the NBA.

Basketball addict here.

My name is lawildcat and I am a rabid basketball fan.

 

I go to high school games alone to watch kids who aren't mine and 99% of them I don't even know.

I go to high school games sometimes to watch the refs.

I've been known to pop in during middle school basketball games; again to watch kids that aren't mine and 99% of them I don't know.

I go to high school games to rate their concessions; especially if they have hot pretzels or popcorn.

If given a choice to go to a high school basketball game or just about anything else, my choice will be the basketball game.

My favorite Crosstown Shootout is between Bishop Brossart and Campbell County!

 

College basketball is my 2nd love over high school. I root for all KY schools but my absolute favorite is UK! I love Rick Pitino (although dinner is now out of the question) and I always hope UL does well.

 

I hate the NBA.

 

You, my friend, are a basketball junkie!

 

I bet you would like the NBA if you had any time left to watch some of those games, too. :)

If you are just talking about straight up watching a lot of other games, then I am just a UK fan. When UK is on then I definitely watch them, however when other games are on then I will watch something esle if there is a good movie on. However I do follow a long closely with the progress of other teams, and do a lot of reading online about teams and players from other teams.

I have to have a rooting interest to watch any game, any sport. I never watch h.s. basketball regardless.

Just got through watching Luke Kennard , Duke Commit play in the Beach Ball Classic. He broke the all time scoring record with 52 points tonight.Also saw the #1 player in the 2017 class, J Feldon. Yes I love my b-ball.

Just got through watching Luke Kennard , Duke Commit play in the Beach Ball Classic. He broke the all time scoring record with 52 points tonight.Also saw the #1 player in the 2017 class, J Feldon. Yes I love my b-ball.

 

:ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.