The Courier Journal: Seven Finalists Named for Mr. Football

Ram

If the award is for the best high school player in Ky this year, then Hoge should win hands down. If it makes people feel better to vote for guys that played 5 or 6 games or guys with inflated stats beating little sisters of the poor before losing in the playoffs, then why have the award?

Your philosphy is very flawed.

Are you saying if Adrian Peterson played for Ludlow then that makes him not a very good player because his team doesn't play powerhouses? Sorry, but a great player is still a great player no matter who he plays for. Maybe Hoge has inflated stats because he didn't play in 6A and played in a much smaller class in 4A, that is basically what you are saying.

Me, on the other hand, believe a great player is a great player no matter who he plays for.

You want to compare Hoge and Harris? I don't know where they rank nationally so maybe someone can find it somewhere, but I'm willing to bet Harris is ranked higher than Hoge is nationally.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien Harris no doubt.

He is a generational type talent. The only names I even put in the same breathe as Harris are the likes of Couch, Alexander, Bush, Brohm, Lorenzan... all NFL guys who had long and prosperous college careers. He is the best RB to come from KY since Alexander.

I don't care if he only played 6 games, the 6 games he played were historical performances.

For me of the 7 Finalists:

1. Harris

2. Hoge

3. Sindelair

4. Crider

5. Brooks

Truth be told I honestly don't think Hall and Veneman should even be on this list.

Okay then....

Of the 4 that played in the Finals, who was the best one in Everyone's opinion? Who stood out more than anybody on the field? This question is for all the BGPers out there that saw all 4 players compete in the State Finals. I didn't see all 4 play so I really can't comment. I'm already a homer anyway so I can't give my opinion.

This is a good gauge in my opinion. Easily Hodge.

Okay then....

Of the 4 that played in the Finals, who was the best one in Everyone's opinion? Who stood out more than anybody on the field? This question is for all the BGPers out there that saw all 4 players compete in the State Finals. I didn't see all 4 play so I really can't comment. I'm already a homer anyway so I can't give my opinion.

If this is the criteria for picking Mr. Football none of the Finalist should get the award since Austin Hatfield had the best Finals performance.

I was never a fan of using the finals as the measuring stick because a lot of the time the best players in the state don't get to the finals and you are then turning the award from the best player into the best player on a finals team. Maybe we should change the award to Mr Football Team

I was never a fan of using the finals as the measuring stick because a lot of the time the best players in the state don't get to the finals and you are then turning the award from the best player into the best player on a finals team. Maybe we should change the award to Mr Football Team

..........or do away with the award.

..........or do away with the award.

I think it should just be clearly defined.

"The best individual Senior player who represents scholastic, athletic, and leadership skills. The player who will continue to represent the State of Kentucky beyond just his Senior Year of High School."

If that was the description right now there would be no question who the 3 Finalists would be... Sindelair, Hoge, and Harris.

I think the award is clearly defined...best player...not best stats, not best player on title team, not played every game, not plays both ways, not player who's team made it to the finals, not played against best competition, not MVP, not who set records, not highest rated by Rivals, not where are they going to college...but the best player.

To judge which player is better than the other, it helps if you have seen them play...both of them or three or four.

Harris is clearly the best RB in the state.

Ask yourself this question. If Hoge and Sindelar were on the same team, who would be the QB?

Sindelar, clearly, and Hoge would be playing wr and fs.

You obviously have not seen Hoge play either. Hoge would be my quarterback without question. Shame he had to wait his turn or the state would be saying Elijah WHO???