The Courier Journal: Seven Finalists Named for Mr. Football

Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comment:

Hall is a great player and no doubt should be in the picture his Senior year...but for 2014:

He only averaged around 205 passing yards and 25.2 Rushing Yards Per Game (based off 10 games played).

21 TD's

No offense to the young man...but "good, but not great" stats and not exactly the stiffest competition either.

Now compare that to Hoge and his 288.6 yards per game and his ridiculous 61 TD's accounted for against much better competition. Sindelair had 283 yards per game and 52 TD's accounted for.

To me Hall simply didn't have a Mr. Football kind of season.

From what I saw (Only two on the list) Beau Hoge. I think Veneman was a very good receiver that put up big numbers because of Hoge and the desire by the HHS Offensive coordinator to pad the stats. I have heard many HHS fans complain about too many dropped passes. IMO he was not the hands down best receiver in NKY. Just the one with the best stats. With that said, I would have gladly had him playing for our team.

Hall is a great player and no doubt should be in the picture his Senior year...but for 2014:

He only averaged around 205 passing yards and 25.2 Rushing Yards Per Game (based off 10 games played).

21 TD's

No offense to the young man...but "good, but not great" stats and not exactly the stiffest competition either.

Now compare that to Hoge and his 288.6 yards per game and his ridiculous 61 TD's accounted for against much better competition. Sindelair had 283 yards per game and 52 TD's accounted for.

To me Hall simply didn't have a Mr. Football kind of season.

I'll also add that Hall missed a few games because of injury. The fact that he made it as a finalist makes me believe that Damien Harris will win Mr. Football.