The Courier Journal: Seven Finalists Named for Mr. Football

Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harris is clearly the best RB in the state.

Ask yourself this question. If Hoge and Sindelar were on the same team, who would be the QB?

Sindelar, clearly, and Hoge would be playing wr and fs.

I don't agree.

I think with Sindelair's height and arm strength he has potential in a college system to be the better QB, but Hoge to me was a better HS Quarterback and performed best against significantly better competition.

If I was the Head Coach of a Major College program I probably want Sindelair.

If I am the Head Coach of a Major High School program I probably want Hoge.

I think the award is clearly defined...best player...not best stats, not best player on title team, not played every game, not plays both ways, not player who's team made it to the finals, not played against best competition, not MVP, not who set records, not highest rated by Rivals, not where are they going to college...but the best player.

To judge which player is better than the other, it helps if you have seen them play...both of them or three or four.

If it truly goes to the best player than IMO Mr. Damien Harris should be this year's Mr. Football and it's not even close.

Any chance that Harris delayed his college announcement until after the Mr. Football award was announced to make sure he didn't lose votes? I highly doubt it but we know that if he'd eliminated UK from his list, some may shy away from voting for him.

Ding ding ding...We have a winner

Very nice analogy and I agree 110% no doubt:thumb:

I don't agree.

I think with Sindelair's height and arm strength he has potential in a college system to be the better QB, but Hoge to me was a better HS Quarterback and performed best against significantly better competition.

If I was the Head Coach of a Major College program I probably want Sindelair.

If I am the Head Coach of a Major High School program I probably want Hoge.

Sooooo...you finally came around did ya:thumb:

Just curious will you feel the same way if he chooses KY?

Do you think that voters are not waiting and watching to see where he commits before they cast their vote for Harris?

It could be a deal breaker for him if he commits elsewhere before the voting.:thumb:

Any chance that Harris delayed his college announcement until after the Mr. Football award was announced to make sure he didn't lose votes? I highly doubt it but we know that if he'd eliminated UK from his list, some may shy away from voting for him.

Why would it matter when you look at the winners from the past...it is not like the majority of the winners went to UK.

Do you think that voters are not waiting and watching to see where he commits before they cast their vote for Harris?

It could be a deal breaker for him if he commits elsewhere before the voting.:thumb:

I think if he chooses Alabama over KY it will have zero impact on the voting.

I think if he chooses Alabama over KY it will have zero impact on the voting.

Seriously though, the kid is pondering whether to go to KY or Alabama to play football...cmon

Actually I think it is a slap in the face of KY football to keep a program like KY waiting and a bigger insult to Alabama. :thumb:

This should really be a cut and dry situation imo...what do I know, I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt and say he his heart says KY but he knows that Alabama is where it will happen for him.

Why would it matter when you look at the winners from the past...it is not like the majority of the winners went to UK.

And right there in lies the problem with UK football imo. KY has to stop losing the KY Mr Footballs and the 3Star and ups if they are ever going to get it going consistently...

I know, I know, its basketball in KY but you cant tell me that if a Urban Meyer walked into Commonwealth Stadium they wouldn't follow.

Maybe KY is closer than I know, doing a $100mil plus renovation to Commonwealth, Stoops is doing good not great, he has to surround himself with some solid coaches from top to bottom and must get a bowl game next yr or nothing else matters.

At the end of the day, kids like Harris, Sindelar, Hoge and others need to looking long and hard at KY first before others. :thumb:

And right there in lies the problem with UK football imo. KY has to stop losing the KY Mr Footballs and the 3Star and ups if they are ever going to get it going consistently...

I know, I know, its basketball in KY but you cant tell me that if a Urban Meyer walked into Commonwealth Stadium they wouldn't follow.

Maybe KY is closer than I know, doing a $100mil plus renovation to Commonwealth, Stoops is doing good not great, he has to surround himself with some solid coaches from top to bottom and must get a bowl game next yr or nothing else matters.

At the end of the day, kids like Harris, Sindelar, Hoge and others need to looking long and hard at KY first before others. :thumb:

I think they already looked long and hard at the UK football program, that's why they are headed out of town. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I will be real honest guys, I don't see Harris being all that. He is no doubt a good RB, but I don't see him being "the" running back. I don't think he is as good as Shaun Alexander was in High School, and we all know how good Alexander was in College and the NFL.

I don't disagree with you at all but apparently we are in the minority here...

And you sir just insulted KY HS greatest running back ever :thumb: LOL