Pulaski County 14 Graves County 7 (Class 5A State Championship)

Ram

Congrats to the Pulaski County Maroons! They had a really good team this year. If their QB doesn't get hurt, they "may" have gone undefeated.

Also Congrats to a very tough Graves County team. NO ONE expected them to be in the state championship game and they believed in themselves and won at BG and at John Hardin, two very tough places to play. Great season.

It is also worth mentioning the job French did at Southwestern though as well. Just as Pulaski may have been undefeated had their QB stayed healthy, it is just as fair to say Southwestern may have been State Champs had their RB been healthy in the Regional Finals loss.

That should be a fun rivalry to watch again next year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is also worth mentioning the job French did at Southwestern though as well. Just as Pulaski may have been undefeated had their QB stayed healthy, it is just as fair to say Southwestern may have been State Champs had their RB been healthy in the Regional Finals loss.

Very good point, Southwestern could have just as easily been 5A champ this season.

I didn't realize that ATL. Thanks for mentioning it! SW came out of nowhere for me and had a really good year! They should be able to build on that momentum.

I don't see SW being much of a threat next year as long as Pulaski stays healthy. SW loses 16 players from this team, with some of the them being part of the few offensive threats they had. Nobody is going to beat PC with one player. He is not near as good as Graves county's back. Which PC contain to 1 score. PC brings back alot with only 7 not returning. All return at skilled positions.

I don't see SW being much of a threat next year as long as Pulaski stays healthy. SW loses 16 players from this team, with some of the them being part of the few offensive threats they had. Nobody is going to beat PC with one player. He is not near as good as Graves county's back. Which PC contain to 1 score. PC brings back alot with only 7 not returning. All return at skilled positions.

Welcome to BGP Pulaski#1...your right about SW losing a lot. I still think they'll challenge for the district next season.

For all you that think SW had a chance to be State Champions,I think you have to play in the Championship game to have a chance to win it!! :no:

I think you are being a bit too literal. The point I and I assume others were making was that SW was every bit as good as Pulaski this season and had they won that rematch they too could/would have handled Cooper and Graves just as Pulaski did.

I think you are being a bit too literal. The point I and I assume others were making was that SW was every bit as good as Pulaski this season and had they won that rematch they too could/would have handled Cooper and Graves just as Pulaski did.

To me Pulaski and Southwestern were dead equal. Southwestern won the regular season game when Pulaski was without their best player. Pulaski won the playoff game when Southwestern was without their best player.

The only difference is I am not sure Southwestern has as much success defensively in the Finals vs. Graves. Southwestern wasn't exactly the steel curtain when it came to run defense, something Pulaski did very well.

To me Pulaski and Southwestern were dead equal. Southwestern won the regular season game when Pulaski was without their best player. Pulaski won the playoff game when Southwestern was without their best player.

The only difference is I am not sure Southwestern has as much success defensively in the Finals vs. Graves. Southwestern wasn't exactly the steel curtain when it came to run defense, something Pulaski did very well.

"To be the man you have to beat the man"