Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Blacks Have Any Role In Improving Race Relations?

Featured Replies

The bolded...

 

That is why I was questioning it. I actually think that's one area where white males and black males are close. Maybe it's just me. I'm sure there are statistics on it.

 

Look at the statistics I posted, black divorce rates are about 2.5 times Asian divorce rates.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at the statistics I posted, black divorce rates are about 2.5 times Asian divorce rates.

 

I'm not talking about divorce rates. The majority of white/black deadbeat dads never get married. They knock up girl after girl with zero intentions on being a responsible adult.

Bingo!!!! Now that we know that crime is a problem in the inner city let's look further into the issue. How did crime get there? Drugs are most likely the root cause of the crime. How are the drugs getting there? How are the drugs getting into the country and why are they being flushed into the inner cities? Black people don't own the boats, planes and submarines to get the drugs into the inner city. To quote Furious Styles from Boyz N the Hood, "why is there a liquor store and gun store on every corner in the hood? You don't see that crap in Beverly Hills."

 

This is why black people say there has been a systematic destruction to the black community that began decades ago.

 

One of my favorite movies.

 

And while I know where Furious was going with his point, I think he was off. He was trying to make the point that whites wanted blacks to kill themselves. IMO, that's not why there was a liquor or gun store on every corner in Compton. Capitalism was why. You go where the customers are. Same with drugs. I would say white people for the most part aren't importing drugs either. I would also be interested in seeing the stats behind who is actually selling drugs. I would guess whites are dominating the meth demographic but not sure on the others like cocaine, weed, crack, heroine, pills...

Ok yes. Apparently it does. Perception is reality. So do blacks have any role in changing that perception? Racist whites certainly aren't going to change it so if blacks have no role in race relations, again, we are stuck at a crossroads with no changes. You have to have dialogue to change that thinking and not just laugh it off.

 

 

Quite honestly that perception doesn't move me nor is it on the radar of discussion for me when it comes to race relations. That's equivalent to asking why do all black people eat fried chicken and watermelon because that is a stereotype IMO. That whole discussion is about abandoning children which affects all races. If it is implied that deadbeat black fathers are the cause of strained racial relations then yes, I am going to laugh because I have never heard that in my life and I am incredulous by it. And I'm still here having dialogue. I didn't leave the discussion nor am I done with the discussion and am doing all I can to navigate through the conversation. Am I still allowed to have my sense of humor?

One of my favorite movies.

 

And while I know where Furious was going with his point, I think he was off. He was trying to make the point that whites wanted blacks to kill themselves. IMO, that's not why there was a liquor or gun store on every corner in Compton. Capitalism was why. You go where the customers are. Same with drugs. I would say white people for the most part aren't importing drugs either. I would also be interested in seeing the stats behind who is actually selling drugs. I would guess whites are dominating the meth demographic but not sure on the others like cocaine, weed, crack, heroine, pills...

 

 

He was dead on IMO. Drugs get here by planes, boats and submarines. Who owns these vehicles of transportation in order to transport the drugs into the country? Why in the world with the technology that we have in 2014 are drugs still allowed to be smuggled into the country? When the drugs get into the country why are they going straight to the hood? Those are hard questions that haven't been answered since the 1970s. You want to look at when the inner city deteriorated look no further than that time frame and the influx of drugs into our country. Why did white peple put liquor stores on every corner in Compton and not Beverly Hills? People don't drink in Beverly Hills? Why are the customers in Compton neighborhoods and not Beverly Hills? It's systematic.

Quite honestly that perception doesn't move me nor is it on the radar of discussion for me when it comes to race relations. That's equivalent to asking why do all black people eat fried chicken and watermelon because that is a stereotype IMO. That whole discussion is about abandoning children which affects all races. If it is implied that deadbeat black fathers are the cause of strained racial relations then yes, I am going to laugh because I have never heard that in my life and I am incredulous by it. And I'm still here having dialogue. I didn't leave the discussion nor am I done with the discussion and am doing all I can to navigate through the conversation. Am I still allowed to have my sense of humor?

 

Yes, you may still laugh. Look, I'm not in agreement with the argument. Like you, I'm just trying to keep the dialogue going. There is nothing but good that can come out of this thread by throwing things out there and breaking them down.

Ok yes. Apparently it does. Perception is reality. So do blacks have any role in changing that perception? Racist whites certainly aren't going to change it so if blacks have no role in race relations, again, we are stuck at a crossroads with no changes. You have to have dialogue to change that thinking and not just laugh it off.

 

For discussion's sake, say that is the reason behind it. Blacks have had a campaign about single parent homes for decades. How do we fix it?

For discussion's sake, say that is the reason behind it. Blacks have had a campaign about single parent homes for decades. How do we fix it?

 

That is something I don't have an answer to. I do believe that someone from the black community needs to come forward and provide leadership in this country. Not someone like Al or Jesse and not even Obama.

He was dead on IMO. Drugs get here by planes, boats and submarines. Who owns these vehicles of transportation in order to transport the drugs into the country? Why in the world with the technology that we have in 2014 are drugs still allowed to be smuggled into the country? When the drugs get into the country why are they going straight to the hood? Those are hard questions that haven't been answered since the 1970s. You want to look at when the inner city deteriorated look no further than that time frame and the influx of drugs into our country. Why did white peple put liquor stores on every corner in Compton and not Beverly Hills? People don't drink in Beverly Hills? Why are the customers in Compton neighborhoods and not Beverly Hills? It's systematic.

Drugs do get by planes and boats but I would guess it's not white folk doing it for the most part.

I read this whole thread and after seven pages I didn't learn much. I learned our black posters think any change is on white people. But I didn't get an example of what an everyday white male should do differently . I also didn't get a whole lot of new ideas from the other side of the debate either .

 

I think the entire thread is missing the main part of Chris Rocks interview dealing with the socioeconomic factors in race relations. It's hardly about race today and more about your class or socioeconomic status. The tired debate on race is outdated and people want to clamp down on it and not let it go because it's the only answer people ever have.

 

People of the same socioeconomic status interact with people of any race if they are on that same plateau. The problem lies in the fact the higher you climb up that later the fewer black people their are. But white people interact create friendships or relationships with people of all races who are at that same status, people as a while are less comfortable interacting with people at different rungs of the social ladder. Less to do with race and more to do with the unknown .

 

I grew up an an urban setting interact and was friends with black people , asian, Hispanic and I've moved and lived in two different major cities outside of Kentucky and was introduced to the middle eastern American culture as well. For the most part I think people of my generation and younger more often than not don't associate race with issues but familiarity.

 

Most white Americans don't understand or have lived in a true urban setting and complaining to them about it is going to fall on Def ears . Again lack of familiarity.

 

The solutions we should be talking about should center around socioeconomic factors. How can we improve schools in the inner city , remove gang violence, train young adults to succeed in the proffesional world and move up that social ladder. In America us as citizens not white , black, Hispanic , Asians, but all American citizens have failed black youth in the inner city to better position them to succeed.

 

This isnt the white man's fault or Black it's an American problem. For anyone to say they don't have a major role to play in fixing the problem then all you are asking for is status quo . If that's the case I'll tune in for the next riot.

 

Bingo!!!! Now that we know that crime is a problem in the inner city let's look further into the issue. How did crime get there? Drugs are most likely the root cause of the crime. How are the drugs getting there? How are the drugs getting into the country and why are they being flushed into the inner cities? Black people don't own the boats, planes and submarines to get the drugs into the inner city. To quote Furious Styles from Boyz N the Hood, "why is there a liquor store and gun store on every corner in the hood? You don't see that crap in Beverly Hills."

 

This is why black people say there has been a systematic destruction to the black community that began decades ago.

 

Are you wearing Mt Ref's aluminum foil hat? Who was behind this grand conspiracy...The Illuminati? :lol2:

 

There are liquor stores across the country, you don't see every community with a liquor store blown up. I didn't realize that only whites owned inner city liquors stores either.

 

We can't keep people out of the country but you think drugs can be locked out 100%?

 

C'mon man!

His analogy is spot on IMO.

 

Absolutely disagree. It's two way way street we're going down.

 

It's like, "hell no I'm not extending my hand, it's his race that's causing all the problems. Oh no it's not, it's really his race that's causing issues, I'm not extending any effort ." I mean where does this end? I get tired of it. That's probably why I stay out of most of these type discussions on BGP.

I'm saying that failed marriages in the black community, and specifically black males being raised without fathers is a bigger problem that race relations.

 

I'm confused. Are you saying divorce and males in the black community is a bigger problem than it is for whites? Or are you saying that those two issues are bigger than racial issues?

[/b]

 

Unwed single mothers who increase their income by having more children IS a problem, and it relates to crime and it relates to the continuation of the welfare state. It traps blacks and whites, but it appears to be harder for blacks to escape. All kids need more education, male and female, about their responsibilities especially as it relates to sexual activity. Then, we need to quit bickering about color and change our social programs to allow and incent the mothers to educate and learn skills that make investing in themselves a better option than investing in more children.

 

That's not a black or white issue.

That's a predominantly white person problem. They are using it as a reason to be racist. There are plenty of white deadbeat dad's to be mad at. Could the black community help change that, sure.

 

Yep, and I'm VERY upset with one right now...has the most precious little one year old that lives at my house, "step" grand daughter, and he never see's her and doesn't support her, would rather party and do "his thing". Makes you want to rip his head off, but what do you do?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.