Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Blacks Have Any Role In Improving Race Relations?

Featured Replies

I think the short answer would be more empathy on both sides on trying to understand. Just that alone would be a huge start. Not even trying to make a difference immediatley, just to try to begin to understand.

 

Given the whole history of everything (i.e., even recent history), I think that white people as a whole should show more 'give' than 'take' when it comes to the whole empathy thing (will try to find some statistics later on to kind of demonstrate what I'm getting at).

 

Things like 'affirmative action' that white people throw around loosely were there for a reason. Maybe a white person could have been a better candidate in that moment, but it's also not like them or their parents needed the National Guard to step in just to let them get to class either.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elect me POTUS and I'll figure something out. I promise. :D

 

#disregardmyskeletons

 

You figure that out and your next position should be world czar.

Is there a "Race Issue", or is it just the failure of the African American Male, as a community, to make and keep their commitments to their children and wives? There are way too many children being raised without fathers in all communities, but it seems more prevalent in African American culture.

Nobody likes a beggar!

 

Just currying political favors. I'll get him the Anderson Co. vote...and you KNOW that will take effort...I mean, trying to get a black dude elected and all.:lol2:

Is there a "Race Issue", or is it just the failure of the African American Male, as a community, to make and keep their commitments to their children and wives? There are way too many children being raised without fathers in all communities, but it seems more prevalent in African American culture.

 

I need more specific reasoning as to why there is a race issue because of deadbeat fathers who happen to be black. This is taking a stereotype at face value and not looking at the root cause of the problem.

 

 

FYI: Some black people don't like to be called African Americans. I know I despise the statement. I was born in Houston, Texas. Not Nairobi, Kenya. Don't let the Oprah Winfreys and Bill Cosbys of the world make you think that their words and beliefs count for all black people.

Just currying political favors. I'll get him the Anderson Co. vote...and you KNOW that will take effort...I mean, trying to get a black dude elected and all.:lol2:

 

All the Anderson County folks that I know have nothing but love for me. All 4 of them. :lol2:

For what its worth, I also think the media loves to portray black-white relations as much worse than they are. They are paid to produce stories that people will read, so the most extreme cases are blown up and thought to be the norm by a large sum of America.

 

In college I was 1 of 3 white guys on my entire floor, and there was never been any issue of race, at least that I've seen. Blacks and whites get along in most of the country. There are just a few exceptions that make for debatable stories. JMO.

I need more specific reasoning as to why there is a race issue because of deadbeat fathers who happen to be black. This is taking a stereotype at face value and not looking at the root cause of the problem.

 

 

FYI: Some black people don't like to be called African Americans. I know I despise the statement. I was born in Houston, Texas. Not Nairobi, Kenya. Don't let the Oprah Winfreys and Bill Cosbys of the world make you think that their words and beliefs count for all black people.

 

Are you saying that the high divorce rate in black communities are rooted in the lack of economic opportunities? Here is some data to chew on :

 

Which race or ethnic group has the highest divorce rate in America and why? - Quora

Is there a "Race Issue", or is it just the failure of the African American Male, as a community, to make and keep their commitments to their children and wives? There are way too many children being raised without fathers in all communities, but it seems more prevalent in African American culture.

 

How is that at all relevant to white people being racist?

How is that at all relevant to white people being racist?

 

I'm saying that failed marriages in the black community, and specifically black males being raised without fathers is a bigger problem that race relations.

Are you saying that the high divorce rate in black communities are rooted in the lack of economic opportunities? Here is some data to chew on :

 

Which race or ethnic group has the highest divorce rate in America and why? - Quora

 

No. I'm saying that a stereotype about black men has nothing to do with race issues. In your posts you appear to be blaming race issues on absentee black fathers. I'm just trying to keep up and respect your viewpoint and respond in a responsible manner.

 

Divorce and absentee fathers have nothing to do with economic opportunities and the plight of blacks in the inner city.

Disagree. The black community is at the "show and prove" point. Talk is cheap. Blacks aren't going to listen to whites because blacks will say we've been saying this for decades and nobody has been listening. Why continue to talk? What is there the black community can change about their role in race relations? Blacks in the inner city will say that they didn't ask to be put where they are. They'll say they didn't ask for white flight and for their neighborhoods to be ignored and left for condemnation. They'll say they want the drugs and thugs off of their streets and that they want safer neighborhoods. When people think of the inner city and where a majority of the black community we are talking about resides until an agreement is made about how those inner cities got into the condition they are in now the conversation is an exercise in futility for a lot of black people. The systematic destruction of black people began a long time ago and until that wrong is made right the first steps of racial relations and racial equality are hindered.

You asked...

Now how do white people make most blacks understand that everything that goes their way isn't because of race?

none of your post responds to that? Your talking about stuff that has happened that you correlate with Race. But as you've said several times, blacks see race in everything, right or wrong that's how they see everything.

 

The #1 Problem in inner cities (since you brought up inner cities) is CRIME, until people face that and want to deal with that very little will improve in inner cities. A very small percentage of people in these communities have destroyed their communities for everyone else. Whether it be Black, Asian, Hispanic or White neighborhoods, CRIME is driving the destruction of those communities.

 

Businesses will not locate there, people will not invest there and people with the means to leave will leave.

 

There are more issues than just that, but CRIME is the reason most of the stuff in your Post happened.

Whites are referred to as if they are one big homogenous voting and opinion block. This is clearly not the truth. We are almost all products of immigration, mine only a generation ago from Ireland, and many of our backgrounds are as diverse from the other "whites" as they may be from Blacks or Hispanics. Also, where do those of Asian, Hebrew, Arab descent fit into the neat picture of "whites"?

 

Should we all just hate the English, the French and the Germans and let it go at that? :lol2:

I'm saying that failed marriages in the black community, and specifically black males being raised without fathers is a bigger problem that race relations.

 

Two completely separate issue's.

I'm saying that failed marriages in the black community, and specifically black males being raised without fathers is a bigger problem that race relations.

 

Maybe in the black community. Not in society as a whole.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.