Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Blacks Have Any Role In Improving Race Relations?

Featured Replies

Both are culpable but only one side can truly make a marked difference in race relations. That would be the one with all the power. And the money. Money and the power.
I'm white. Where's all that money and power I'm supposed to have? :lol2:
  • Replies 265
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both are culpable but only one side can truly make a marked difference in race relations. That would be the one with all the power. And the money. Money and the power.
In all seriousness, I think putting it on one side will only cause further divide. I understand what you're saying, but I'm talking about all races understanding that they're part of the problem and working to change it. If that doesn't happen, we'll be stuck where we've been since forever.
Irrelevant to the point Rock made.

 

This is a major problem in this discussion everything that the opposing view points want to discuss is deeked irrelevant by you and others. That isn't how discussions work.

 

This is why I've stayed away from this thread. Because still neither side gets "it".

I'm white. Where's all that money and power I'm supposed to have? :lol2:

 

This is the major flaw in the intellectually dishonest sociology theory of white privilege . The vast majority of white people have no privilige in the truest sense of the word .

 

This whole discussion in 2014 should be socioeconomic but race hustlers still n want to talk to race as the major factor and it just isn't. It's just all the older generation knows and they are teaching the younger generation the samething continuing the divide.

It's 2014, blacks, whites, browns, yellows, greens, purples all have money and power.

 

It takes all of us working together to make the change, not just one group. That's the problem. Most think it is up to one group to make the change. Whites think it's up to blacks, blacks think it is up to whites. Until we can see it is up to all of us, nothing changes.

 

I don't disagree I just feel like the initial changes that would make the most difference would have to come from the people who hold the most money and the power. Both sides have to be willing to change but even with that there has to be some incentive to change and the most powerful from both sides have to initiate that. Even with Obama at the POTUS I'm thinking there still more white people with power than black people.

This is the major flaw in the intellectually dishonest sociology theory of white privilege . The vast majority of white people have no privilige in the truest sense of the word .

 

This whole discussion in 2014 should be socioeconomic but race hustlers still n want to talk to race as the major factor and it just isn't. It's just all the older generation knows and they are teaching the younger generation the samething continuing the divide.

 

White privilege is less existing today but it was very real probably up until the 2000s.

White privilege is less existing today but it was very real probably up until the 2000s.

 

The problem I have is when Chris Rock wants cry about privilege. Chris Rocks kids have more privilege than anyone's kids on this board regardless of color.

The problem I have is when Chris Rock wants cry about privilege. Chris Rocks kids have more privilege than anyone's kids on this board regardless of color.

 

And he has stated that. Should he just say things don't exist because he broke barriers and is living up on the East Side now?

And he has stated that. Should he just say things don't exist because he broke barriers and is living up on the East Side now?
In a deluxe apartment in the sky?
In a deluxe apartment in the sky?

 

Moving on...moving on up!!!!

On a side note about Chris Rock:

 

In December of 1989 I took my first and only trip to California for 2 weeks to spend Christmas and New Years with a co-worker friend who had briefly moved to the west coast.

 

She was staying right near Venice Beach.

 

We went as far north as San Francisco to spend New Years, stopping in multiple coastal towns along the way with Santa Barbara being one of the most memorable, (and spent literally a brief second in Oakland as we travelled across the super large bridge north to get there, and then promptly turned around and went back to Frisco). We also spent a night in Palm Springs, and another in Laguna Beach.

 

Venice Beach had numerous hippy type performers etc. and a stage located near the beach. A comedian jumped up on the stage introducing himself as Chris Rock. He was witty and hilarious, but the only thing that I remember him saying was when people applauded something funny that he said, he replied "Now you're all giving me the clap".

 

Since he was born in 1965, that would've made him 24 at the time.

 

I thought that he was really funny, but of course I never could've predicted that I'd ever hear of him ever again, or that he'd become the success that he did.

 

Just a coincidence really, and being in the right place at the right time, and the only reason I remembered his name was because of his last name being "Rock", and simply because the name "Chris Rock" is so easy to remember.

 

If you think that this was a long post just to say what I said, you must know that I battled tremendously not to go into every detail of the trip anymore than I just did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.