December 13, 201411 yr It would be nice to see something from someone other than Alex Jones and other Conspiracy Theorist. These are the same people that say US blew up the world trade towers and planned 9/11 It's funny how the second site referenced quit posting anything after President Obama was elected...hmmm It's harder to get away with jerking blacks when the POTUS is black.
December 14, 201411 yr I think it is a very bad analogy. Tina walked away from that situation and thrived. Chris Rock is saying that white people constantly beat down the helpless black folk? I don't buy it. The race issue is not one sided. I agree with RTS, there are plenty of black racists too. The black/white issue is far too complex to say it is 100% the fault of anyone. Both sides have to work together to improve the situation.
December 14, 201411 yr I'm watching Chris Rock's stand-up special Bigger and Blacker on Comedy Central. He and Dave Chappelle are two people I'd love to see live. Comedic geniuses is what they are. Chris Rock- White people ain't losing anything. If y'all are losing who's winning? It ain't us. There ain't a white person in this room that would change places with me. None of you. None of you would change places with me. And I'm rich. :lol2::lol2: :lol2: :lol2: PP- If you want to see Dave Chapelle, he will be performing at the Louisville Palace next Saturday and Sunday.
December 15, 201411 yr PP- If you want to see Dave Chapelle, he will be performing at the Louisville Palace next Saturday and Sunday. Yeah, can't make it. He had one show and it sold out quickly so he added another one. Neither one of them work with my kid's basketball schedule.
December 15, 201411 yr Yeah, can't make it. He had one show and it sold out quickly so he added another one. Neither one of them work with my kid's basketball schedule. Actually he has 3 shows according to the C-J. Two on Saturday and one on Sunday.
December 15, 201411 yr Yeah, can't make it. He had one show and it sold out quickly so he added another one. Neither one of them work with my kid's basketball schedule. Something I missed from the last couple months of police turmoil is where they found crack sprinkled on all the victims. I guess they don't think that's necessary anymore?
December 19, 201411 yr It's also important to understand why the other side feels this way. Him saying this starts the discussion. Will people bail on the discussion now or will they go look at what he is saying and then try to have a discussion about it? Or will they get their feelings hurt, kick and scream, call him an idiot and then leave the discussion? Actually I think what he is saying is simply pointing blame and giving a side an excuse to just blame and not do anything to make the situation better. Its like saying it's their fault so its all up to them to make it better.
December 22, 201411 yr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2_dZ9f1Yo I believe there is a little use of bad language in it. What do you guys make of this?
December 22, 201411 yr Chris Rock- The most racist people on earth are old black men over the age of 60. I know some of you white people know an old black man....you know old Willie at the job he's so nice....Willie hates your guts. Ha ha...sounds great I guess when one is 40 and has a chip on his shoulder. I am 60 on Thursday. I grew up south of Memphis and went to a high school that was probably 50/50 black/white. Two of my best friends I ran track with were/are black. They are both older than me by a year. I don't think they hate me. Just saying. Edited December 22, 201411 yr by True blue (and gold) fixed quote tags
December 22, 201411 yr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2_dZ9f1Yo I believe there is a little use of bad language in it. What do you guys make of this? It only took about the first minute of listening to see how wrong he was. It's funny, he basically said he isn't a murderer if he doesn't kill someone, but if he does then he is a murderer. He says he can't tell you where to live, where to go to school etc. yet I can't either, yet he says it's the White man who makes all the laws etc. He is wrong, there are black lawmakers too. couldn't listen any longer because he was wrong from the very first thing he said. He generalizes too much and is wrong on many of the things he was trying to say. I'm white, I don't tell him where he can live, what schools he can go to or write any laws. Here is the problem that I see in many instances when it comes to race relations. He even makes my point in the video. He says there are laws that says he can't vote....no there aren't! There used to be, but there was also laws saying women can't vote. That is in the past, why continue to bring up the past when it isn't relevant anymore?????? Talk about slavery, yet ignore the fact that blacks throughout history also owned slaves and that blacks in Africa sold their own people into slavery...you don't hear about that because it doesn't fit their argument. When he says there are laws saying he can't live someplace etc. he is talking about the past....one major reason race issues will never become a thing of the past is because many who love to make issues about race still live in the past! Just listen to the first 28 seconds of the video and tell me who in here can tell anyone else any of those things he says he can't tell anyone. I'm white, PP92 is black yet neither one of us has any more control over what we can tell others to do in society. That is where that comedian is totally wrong.
December 22, 201411 yr Ha ha...sounds great I guess when one is 40 and has a chip on his shoulder. I am 60 on Thursday. I grew up south of Memphis and went to a high school that was probably 50/50 black/white. Two of my best friends I ran track with were/are black. They are both older than me by a year. I don't think they hate me. Just saying. I think you missed the joke. They were talking about Willie at the job who is so nice. Not Willie and Joe you grew up with. Plus it was a joke. Ha ha..you know...a joke in a stand up routine? Meant to be funny not a talking point.
December 22, 201411 yr Hellbird, you didn't get his point did you? When black people are racist, they are racist. When certain white people are racist, they change policy. Paul Mooney is 73 years old. When he grew up, those racist laws were there. You say people live in past, I say you can't confront it and see how it has affected the black community and put people in a hole many struggle to get out of. It isn't just slavery. It went from slavery to jim crow to redlining to police arresting black people at greater rates than white people when they BOTH commit crimes and receive harsher sentencing. Like Mr. Mooney said, "white people do, black people talk." Also, please show me in America where white people had laws put in place against them by black policy makers.
December 22, 201411 yr Here is a black girl that advises students and tell me if blacks have a role in any of this stuff. Bad language. Student Leader: 'No Sympathy' for Executed NYPD Officers | Truth Revolt
December 22, 201411 yr Talking vs doing MTN ref. I said policies put in place by black people that discriminates against white people. Now, what that "leader" said is downright sad and should not be condoned.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.