December 2, 201411 yr Are you wearing Mt Ref's aluminum foil hat? Who was behind this grand conspiracy...The Illuminati? :lol2: There are liquor stores across the country, you don't see every community with a liquor store blown up. I didn't realize that only whites owned inner city liquors stores either. We can't keep people out of the country but you think drugs can be locked out 100%? C'mon man! The government was behind this conspiracy. You've never wondered about how heroin ruined the inner cities in the 70s and how crack took over in the 80s and continued that decimation? Somebody somewhere is and has been allowed to flood the inner cities with drugs which creates crimes, creates prisons and creates political power. Seriously, how and why are drugs so prevalent in the inner cities? Drugs have destroyed inner cities and nobody is fixing it. Why? Because someone is making a ton of money over all of it. We we can keep people out of the country. We choose not to. We can keep drugs out of the country. We choose not to.
December 2, 201411 yr The government was behind this conspiracy. You've never wondered about how heroin ruined the inner cities in the 70s and how crack took over in the 80s and continued that decimation? Somebody somewhere is and has been allowed to flood the inner cities with drugs which creates crimes, creates prisons and creates political power. Seriously, how and why are drugs so prevalent in the inner cities? Drugs have destroyed inner cities and nobody is fixing it. Why? Because someone is making a ton of money over all of it. We we can keep people out of the country. We choose not to. We can keep drugs out of the country. We choose not to. You are saying the government is flooding the inner city with drugs ?
December 2, 201411 yr You are saying the government is flooding the inner city with drugs ? You're asking PP92 so I'm not trying to speak for him but personally, I can't say I know it to be true, but back when crack was going around the streets pretty strong I heard these same rumors.
December 2, 201411 yr You are saying the government is flooding the inner city with drugs ? Of all the conspiracy theories about the US government's activities over the years, this is in fact the one that's been repeated to me in person the most by people I've actually talked to. The idea is that the whole thing started because Congress was horrified by the conflicts in Central America in the 1980s so they cut off funding to the Contras. Well the Russians had already given the Sandinistas $100 million to fight the war so the CIA took it upon themselves to encourage the Contras by other means. One of those means was to allow them to manufacture and export huge amounts of cocaine to the United States, which were then distributed in American cities with the CIA's knowledge all in the name of fighting communism. How or if that is supposed to be continuing today is something I don't know about. Personally I don't think the truth is as complicated as all that and I find these conspiracy theories to be ludicrous... but it's indicative as to the distrust of law enforcement felt by massive swaths of the black community.
December 2, 201411 yr Of all the conspiracy theories about the US government's activities over the years, this is in fact the one that's been repeated to me in person the most by people I've actually talked to. The idea is that the whole thing started because Congress was horrified by the conflicts in Central America in the 1980s so they cut off funding to the Contras. Well the Russians had already given the Sandinistas $100 million to fight the war so the CIA took it upon themselves to encourage the Contras by other means. One of those means was to allow them to manufacture and export huge amounts of cocaine to the United States, which were then distributed in American cities with the CIA's knowledge all in the name of fighting communism. How or if that is supposed to be continuing today is something I don't know about. Personally I don't think the truth is as complicated as all that and I find these conspiracy theories to be ludicrous... but it's indicative as to the distrust of law enforcement felt by massive swaths of the black community. I have heard and read the same thing. But it's a crazy conspiracy theory . With any conspiracy theory I need proof. I'm just shocked it was posted.
December 2, 201411 yr You are saying the government is flooding the inner city with drugs ? Yes. Is/was....the influx of drugs into the inner cities was guided by the government. Yes.
December 2, 201411 yr I got nothing. I got one. Do you think Obama has helped or hurt race issues by speaking out for example about the cop who arrested the prof, Trayvon Martin, Ferguson Incident. Why do you think the Gov., who knew when the not guilty indictment was read allowed the looting and burning of blds by not having the Nat. Guard present to stop it. Do you think affirmative action is good or bad and why? Should a black guy get the job over a more qualified white person just because of this. Or vice versa. Do you think inner city black kids are taught to dislike whites?
December 2, 201411 yr I have heard and read the same thing. But it's a crazy conspiracy theory . With any conspiracy theory I need proof. I'm just shocked it was posted. Did I hear the word conspiracy. It isn't a conspiracy about the government running drugs, it's the truth.
December 2, 201411 yr I got one. Do you think Obama has helped or hurt race issues by speaking out for example about the cop who arrested the prof, Trayvon Martin, Ferguson Incident. Why do you think the Gov., who knew when the not guilty indictment was read allowed the looting and burning of blds by not having the Nat. Guard present to stop it. Do you think affirmative action is good or bad and why? Should a black guy get the job over a more qualified white person just because of this. Or vice versa. Do you think inner city black kids are taught to dislike whites? 1. I don't feel Obama has done anything to hurt race relations at all. He apologized to the professor and he never made inflammatory statements about Trayvon Martin or Ferguson. It would be different if he said "Zimmerman is guilty and our justice system has failed young black men again." Same for Ferguson. Last I saw all he really did was offer sympathy to the families. Nothing wrong with that. 2. No clue but I saw where someone here on BGP said that it made sense to read the grand jury decision late in the day to let the rush hour people get home safely and to allow kids to get home safely. That made the most sense to me. Why they didn't get the National Guard in is beyond me. They should have been better prepared for the fallout. They knew it would happen. Inexcusable. 3. I think at one time affirmative action was necessary. I'm not sure it is needed now as much as it was a couple of decades ago. I wouldn't have an issue with affirmative action being re-evaluated. I will say that corporations who hired less qualified blacks over more qualified whites were doing it wrong. Qualified blacks were being passed over. Affirmative action gave qualified blacks a foot in the door. 4. I can't give an informed answer on that one. I grew up in the suburbs. I think there is a lack of trust there but I can't say they are being taught to dislike white people. I'd guess they are reminded to be careful trusting white people.
December 2, 201411 yr Did I hear the word conspiracy. It isn't a conspiracy about the government running drugs, it's the truth. I truly thought everyone knew that by now. I swear I did.
December 2, 201411 yr Why do blacks have a distrust of whites? I do know this happens because I have witnessed it and been involved with it to an extent. Is it true of all or just certain blacks that when they are with a majority of whites they act different than when they are around a majority of blacks.
December 2, 201411 yr Why do blacks have a distrust of whites? I do know this happens because I have witnessed it and been involved with it to an extent. Is it true of all or just certain blacks that when they are with a majority of whites they act different than when they are around a majority of blacks. I can't say I have witnessed the acting different part. I know I act the same and everyone I know on both sides act the same. Blacks that mistrust whites were likely raised that way.
December 2, 201411 yr Yes. Is/was....the influx of drugs into the inner cities was guided by the government. Yes. That the United States had some really unsavory dealings with drug traffickers in Central America for a number of years and paid them handsomely for supporting the Contras against the Sandinistas: absolute, verified truth. The manner in which those dealings resulted in the CIA and FBI funneling drugs into American cities: much less is known. There is some significant evidence that the CIA was actually selling the stuff directly to gangs and dealers in Los Angeles starting in the early 1980s. It's of course contradicted by other evidence to the contrary. Very little would surprise me about the CIA and drugs. This is, after all, the group that gave us Project MKUltra in the 1950s.
December 2, 201411 yr I have heard and read the same thing. But it's a crazy conspiracy theory . With any conspiracy theory I need proof. I'm just shocked it was posted. Unlike a lot of the big conspiracy theories about the U.S. government, this one has a lot backing it up. As I said, I remain unsure of the pervasiveness of the program, but there is essentially no doubt that as early as 1981, the CIA was helping Nicaraguan drug cartels move cocaine into the U.S. (specifically in Los Angeles) in exchange for their paramilitaries fighting against the Soviet-supported Sandinistas.
December 2, 201411 yr Did I hear the word conspiracy. It isn't a conspiracy about the government running drugs, it's the truth. ...and Heroin is our current problem while pockets get fat and our government backs our military to guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan. Just like oil, poppy generates big bucks, and our communities cry for a solution while nary anyone ever speaks out about the root of the problem because most either don't believe it, the media is pressured into secrecy, and it's a bigger monster than can be controlled by powerless citizens crying out for it to stop killing our youth. Just buckets being placed under leaks, while no one is repairing the roof or even believes or understands that the roof needs to be repaired. You can't blame communities for trying, but sadly it's just spinning wheels getting us nowhere because the real and bigger problem is not being addressed, and in general sadly we are powerless anyhow. Just as Getslow has described the CIA's involvement, they again are involved here. Even families personally destroyed can let their patriotism stand in the way from allowing themselves to believe that it is our own country that is perpetrating and allowing the problem to persist. Faith in one's own country is nice, but if it blinds us to think that we are infallible, then it's that mass blindness that aids us all into being taken advantage of. All it takes is for the words "conspiracy theory" to be dropped which creates a wall impenetrable for many to listen to the truth any further. Perpetrators laugh all the way to the bank knowing that their work horses of falsehoods and doubt are also the same people they are destroying.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.