Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Blacks Have Any Role In Improving Race Relations?

Featured Replies

Two completely separate issue's.

 

Definitely.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely.

 

I know a lot more deadbeat white dad's than those I'd consider racist. Scum of the earth in any color.

No. I'm saying that a stereotype about black men has nothing to do with race issues. In your posts you appear to be blaming race issues on absentee black fathers. I'm just trying to keep up and respect your viewpoint and respond in a responsible manner.

 

Divorce and absentee fathers have nothing to do with economic opportunities and the plight of blacks in the inner city.

 

Ok, then show me an inner city black male from a stable two parent family that aggressively pursued secondary and higher education that was denied economic opportunity??? Family deterioration and lack of economic opportunity ARE MOST DEFINITELY linked!

No. I'm saying that a stereotype about black men has nothing to do with race issues. In your posts you appear to be blaming race issues on absentee black fathers. I'm just trying to keep up and respect your viewpoint and respond in a responsible manner.

 

Divorce and absentee fathers have nothing to do with economic opportunities and the plight of blacks in the inner city.

 

Unwed single mothers who increase their income by having more children IS a problem, and it relates to crime and it relates to the continuation of the welfare state. It traps blacks and whites, but it appears to be harder for blacks to escape. All kids need more education, male and female, about their responsibilities especially as it relates to sexual activity. Then, we need to quit bickering about color and change our social programs to allow and incent the mothers to educate and learn skills that make investing in themselves a better option than investing in more children.

You all are changing the subject completely...

You all are changing the subject completely...

 

I believe my posts relate to issues underlying race relations. Isn't that the topic of the thread?

Ok, then show me an inner city black male from a stable two parent family that aggressively pursued secondary and higher education that was denied economic opportunity??? Family deterioration and lack of economic opportunity ARE MOST DEFINITELY linked!

 

Yes they are, but you specifically linked them to the black community when I think we can probably definitively show that the breakdown of the nuclear family affects economic opportunities across racial lines. Single-income families have it harder across the board.

 

By the way, if the kid's from a stable, two-parent, two-income family and has the means to attend college, his family got that kid the heck out of the inner city years ago. White, black, latino... NOBODY lives in the ghetto by choice.

It is getting confusing where the topic is going.

I believe my posts relate to issues underlying race relations. Isn't that the topic of the thread?

 

Stable homes in the minority community and racism are two COMPLETELY separate issues. While they may share some common pieces, one isn't caused by the other and vice versa.

You asked...

none of your post responds to that? Your talking about stuff that has happened that you correlate with Race. But as you've said several times, blacks see race in everything, right or wrong that's how they see everything.

 

The #1 Problem in inner cities (since you brought up inner cities) is CRIME, until people face that and want to deal with that very little will improve in inner cities. A very small percentage of people in these communities have destroyed their communities for everyone else. Whether it be Black, Asian, Hispanic or White neighborhoods, CRIME is driving the destruction of those communities.

 

Businesses will not locate there, people will not invest there and people with the means to leave will leave.

 

There are more issues than just that, but CRIME is the reason most of the stuff in your Post happened.

 

 

Bingo!!!! Now that we know that crime is a problem in the inner city let's look further into the issue. How did crime get there? Drugs are most likely the root cause of the crime. How are the drugs getting there? How are the drugs getting into the country and why are they being flushed into the inner cities? Black people don't own the boats, planes and submarines to get the drugs into the inner city. To quote Furious Styles from Boyz N the Hood, "why is there a liquor store and gun store on every corner in the hood? You don't see that crap in Beverly Hills."

 

This is why black people say there has been a systematic destruction to the black community that began decades ago.

You all are changing the subject completely...

 

Surprised? :lol2:

Ok, then show me an inner city black male from a stable two parent family that aggressively pursued secondary and higher education that was denied economic opportunity??? Family deterioration and lack of economic opportunity ARE MOST DEFINITELY linked!

 

I'm totally confused by the point you are trying to make at this point. Are we talking about race issues or the unfortunate circumstances of some black families in America? That's two different topics. I know plenty of very successful black men who were raised in the inner city by a single parent(mom). I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Stable homes in the minority community and racism are two COMPLETELY separate issues. While they may share some common pieces, one isn't caused by the other and vice versa.

 

Sorry, I didn't realize the thread was about racism. I thought it was about improving relations.

 

Then, how does one go about doing that?

Surprised? :lol2:

 

I shouldn't be... But admittedly, I was caught off guard by the idea that dead beat black dads were the reason white people were racist...

I'm totally confused by the point you are trying to make at this point. Are we talking about race issues or the unfortunate circumstances of some black families in America? That's two different topics. I know plenty of very successful black men who were raised in the inner city by a single parent(mom). I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

 

I guess I'm making an inherent assumption that race relations is an issue because it erects barriers to economic opportunity and that is the root reason for the focus on race relations.

 

Getslow : If you look at the data I posted previously, you will see that divorce rates among blacks are higher than other ethnic groups. Hence, maintaining family function is a bigger issue in this ethnic group.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.