Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Blacks Have Any Role In Improving Race Relations?

Featured Replies

You going to read the link and then respond to his comments? That's where the conversation starts on this. I agree with Chris Rock. He's also not an idiot.
He may not be an idiot, but he said idiotic things. Post #13 is one good example. The Ike and Tina analogy is bad, as Randy said.
  • Replies 265
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blacks do/will/would (however you want to put it) play a role in changing race relations, but that role is very small, IMO.

We all have a role to play in race relations, not just some people. To think otherwise will guarantee there will be no improvement. It's not just whites that are to blame.

Blacks do/will/would (however you want to put it) play a role in changing race relations, but that role is very small, IMO.
Please explain.
It's not just whites that are to blame.

 

But they are the overwhelming majority...

Was the analogy perfect? Probably not.

 

But he was pretty well spot-on with most of that subject.

 

I just finished the whole interview. Every time I read something by or about that guy, I like him more. Really hope his new movie does well.

But they are the overwhelming majority...
Why? Give me reasons.
Please explain.

 

To improve things, black people need to stop assuming that everything that doesn't go their way is because of their race. They also need not assume that every white person is racist.

 

Other than that, it's pretty much up to white people to change it, IMO.

Why? Give me reasons.

 

I really need to give you reasons as to how and why some white people are racists? Really?

To improve things, black people need to stop assuming that everything that doesn't go their way is because of their race. They also need not assume that every white person is racist.

 

Other than that, it's pretty much up to white people to change it, IMO.

 

IMO, you are discounting how large of a role the bolded plays into it.

 

Completely agree on the the second part.

I really need to give you reasons as to how and why some white people are racists? Really?
Some? Absolutely not. You didn't say some though. Your post assumed all. Or at least the vast majority.

I don't know anything that has ever changed with only one side of the issue playing a role. What that role is I do not know.

I agree but the problem is that the white people will go back to their white friends to discuss and the black people will go back to their black friends to discuss and then nothing gets accomplished....again. It's so frustrating.

 

Yes. It is very frustrating.

Some? Absolutely not. You didn't say some though. Your post assumed all.

 

That wasn't my intent. All white people aren't racist, and I've never thought that. When I said "overwhelming majority," I meant that white people are the majority of the racism problem, not that the overwhelming majority of white people were racist...

IMO, you are discounting how large of a role the bolded plays into it.

 

Completely agree on the the second part.

 

I agree it's a big part of the problem... I hate when black people use race as an excuse for something that CLEARLY has nothing to do with the situation.

 

That said, it's still not the biggest issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.