Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Indictment in Ferguson Case

Featured Replies

I can't vote on city issues and people in the city can't vote on county issues. I am assuming we all vote for county judges, attorney, etc.

 

You can vote on county issues, you can't vote on city issues in another city like Danville.

 

If Boyle County had a vote to go wet everyone in every city and the county could vote on that.

 

If Grand Jury pools only came from each neighborhood you'd never be able to get enough people to serve in most cases across the country.

 

I understand your point and it's not lost on me, I just don't see how you can pick and choose a Jury from a small defined area for each case.

  • Replies 886
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can vote on county issues, you can't vote on city issues in another city like Danville.

 

If Boyle County had a vote to go wet everyone in every city and the county could vote on that.

 

If Grand Jury pools only came from each neighborhood you'd never be able to get enough people to serve in most cases across the country.

 

I understand your point and it's not lost on me, I just don't see how you can pick and choose a Jury from a small defined area for each case.

 

I get the logistics of not being able to field a jury. I'm just pointing out things that make you say hmmm and wonder why things are the way they are. I've always believed that stories that are in the news taints the jury field as well. A person on the jury without a preconceived notion? I don't see that happening in cases that are splattered all over the news.

That's because your city is part of the county. Ft. Thomas is part of Campbell County, but St. Louis City is not part of St. Louis County. They are separate political entities. The black population of St. Louis County is mainly north, which includes Ferguson, Normandy, Riverview Gardens, Kinloch, etc. The west and south areas of St. Louis County are predominantly white. If I'm understanding PP correctly, he is questioning the makeup of the grand jury in this case given the racial realities in sprawling St. Louis County. Fair question.

 

 

Yes. You are understading me correctly.

  • Author

 

I get the logistics of not being able to field a jury. I'm just pointing out things that make you say hmmm and wonder why things are the way they are. I've always believed that stories that are in the news taints the jury field as well. A person on the jury without a preconceived notion? I don't see that happening in cases that are splattered all over the news.

 

If anyone had a pre conceived notion in this case, it would have been that Wilson was a racist murderer.

The Kentucky jury system is laid out in KRS 29A.

If anyone had a pre conceived notion in this case, it would have been that Wilson was a racist murderer.

 

Goes both ways. You know that. And I didn't even mention this case I was speaking in general.

People who live in the city limits can't vote on county issues. People who live in the county can't vote on city issues. People who live in the county can be on a grand jury when people in the city have issues. That's just weird to me. The city and county are separate until it comes down to punish someone. Then they are one. That's not fair to county residents or city residents. I've never had any real passion around the militarization of the police. I really don't remember any of my comments about it. I question a lot of things about this case. Everything isn't as clear cut to me as it is to most people. No biggie. Nothing is going to change it for either side. It's over and done.
If you live in a city, you do vote on county stuff. That is pretty standard no matter where you go. The judicial system is convoluted as it is, trying to expand it to have judicial jurisdictions in every city is virtually impossible.

So what do people want? A 50/50 grand jury made up from folks outside the area? Of course, then people will complain they don't know the demographics and couldn't possibly understand the cities racial tensions.

 

Don't smoke weed, steal something, then fight a cop for his gun. Problem solved.

 

I know Clyde, that's not the point and it doesn't mean we can make mistakes in the process. I just struggle feeling bad for people who continue to complain about the system when you have every right to keep yourself out of said system.

That's because your city is part of the county. Ft. Thomas is part of Campbell County, but St. Louis City is not part of St. Louis County. They are separate political entities. The black population of St. Louis County is mainly north, which includes Ferguson, Normandy, Riverview Gardens, Kinloch, etc. The west and south areas of St. Louis County are predominantly white. If I'm understanding PP correctly, he is questioning the makeup of the grand jury in this case given the racial realities in sprawling St. Louis County. Fair question.

 

You do realize the grand jury was selected months before this case don't you?

 

I would also say if there were things done incorrectly AG Holder would be all over it. Would that be fair to say? He would love to find something wrong with the set up of the grand jury and their findings.

Edited by History
Spelling

I would also say if there were things done incorrectly AG Holder would be all over it. Would that be fair to say? He would love to find something wrong with the set up of the grand jury and their findings.

 

This ^

I can't vote on city issues and people in the city can't vote on county issues. I am assuming we all vote for county judges, attorney, etc.

Everyone that lives in Boyle County can vote on county issues. Danville mayor or Danville going wet isn't county business. Only citizens of Danville can vote on that.

 

I live in the city of Henderson which is located in Henderson County. I pay both city and county taxes, therefore I get to vote for anything on the ballot for either.

Everyone that lives in Boyle County can vote on county issues. Danville mayor or Danville going wet isn't county business. Only citizens of Danville can vote on that.

 

I live in the city of Henderson which is located in Henderson County. I pay both city and county taxes, therefore I get to vote for anything on the ballot for either.

 

It's so confusing. :lol2:

That's because your city is part of the county. Ft. Thomas is part of Campbell County, but St. Louis City is not part of St. Louis County. They are separate political entities. The black population of St. Louis County is mainly north, which includes Ferguson, Normandy, Riverview Gardens, Kinloch, etc. The west and south areas of St. Louis County are predominantly white. If I'm understanding PP correctly, he is questioning the makeup of the grand jury in this case given the racial realities in sprawling St. Louis County. Fair question.

 

According to this, Ferguson is part of St Louis County? If so what is the issue? Was it not St. Louis Count grand jury? The GJ was drawn months prior and I assume from voter registration records. No issue.

Will Brown family pursue civil rights case vs the police or the cop?

According to this, Ferguson is part of St Louis County? If so what is the issue? Was it not St. Louis Count grand jury? The GJ was drawn months prior and I assume from voter registration records. No issue.

 

Is it going to have to come to the point of a black guy on trial only has blacks and vice versa

 

Any idea how many blacks were on the grand jury that found Wilson innocent?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.