Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Indictment in Ferguson Case

Featured Replies

  • Author

 

If there is someone to rally around, wouldn't it be the African American guy who was shot in SC by an officer as he was reaching into the vehicle to get his wallet at a convenience store?

 

That officer was fired almost immediately. Was he prosecuted?

  • Replies 886
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Sir Charles weighs in on Ferguson.

 

 

"The true story came out from the grand jury testimony," Barkley said, adding that he was made aware of "key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson’s story..." He continued, "I can’t believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that’s why I don’t like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn’t do that. They never do that when black people kill each other"

 

 

...

 

“[W]e have to be really careful with the cops, because if it wasn’t for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods," he said. "We can’t pick out certain incidentals that don’t go our way and act like the cops are all bad.... Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn't for the cops?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://news.yahoo.com/why-charles-barkley-supports-ferguson-grand-jury-decision-163736319.html

Just think, If Mr. Brown had gotten Officer Wilson's gun and killed him...Ferguson would be at peace and the residents would be getting ready for Christmas. And 99% of the people protesting and complaining across the country would have no idea who the cop killed in Ferguson Missouri was...after all, "he signed up for that job he knew what could happen" would be the attitude of most.

 

If Brown had killed Wilson, the story would have had a two or three day local news cycle and would have been forgotten.

 

Don't think so...how many threads are there on the 43 Officers killed by gunfire alone this year?

Your named Chief of Police in Ferguson. What is your plan to begin heeling the relationship between the department and the black community? Or to look at it a different way what would you as a black citizen of Ferguson need to see from the police department to begin to trust to them?

 

I completely understand the bigger issue at hand, I just think it gets lost on most due to the symbol that's being used to bring the issue to light. Too many are quick to dismiss because Michael Brown appears to be criminal that attacked a cop. People get to that and lose sight of the rest.

 

 

I agree with your last paragraph.

 

As Police Chief I'd probably schedule town hall meetings with the community and try to find out exactly what issues the community has with the police department. It's easier said than done but I feel like being able to properly communicate is something I am good at doing. I think using the proper words, the right amount of compassion and understanding go a long way towards healing open wounds. Immediately after that action must take place so the words don't ring hollow. As the Chief of Police no one would ever be able to accuse me of not trying to heal the wounds that are present on the surface. It's not something that can take place overnight but it can take place IF the police department is willing to swallow a little bit of pride and listen to the community and take their complaints more seriously than they ever have done before.

  • Author
Just think, If Mr. Brown had gotten Officer Wilson's gun and killed him...Ferguson would be at peace and the residents would be getting ready for Christmas. And 99% of the people protesting and complaining across the country would have no idea who the cop killed in Ferguson Missouri was...after all, "he signed up for that job he knew what could happen" would be the attitude of most.

 

If Brown had killed Wilson, the story would have had a two or three day local news cycle and would have been forgotten.

 

Don't think so...how many threads are there on the 43 Officers killed by gunfire alone this year?

 

I'm confident it wouldn't have been mentioned here at all if the roles were reversed.

Just think, If Mr. Brown had gotten Officer Wilson's gun and killed him...Ferguson would be at peace and the residents would be getting ready for Christmas. And 99% of the people protesting and complaining across the country would have no idea who the cop killed in Ferguson Missouri was...after all, "he signed up for that job he knew what could happen" would be the attitude of most.

 

If Brown had killed Wilson, the story would have had a two or three day local news cycle and would have been forgotten.

 

Don't think so...how many threads are there on the 43 Officers killed by gunfire alone this year?

 

That's shortsighted. Had Brown killed Wilson then Brown would be in jail and on his way to death row. Of course folks would move on. A tragedy happened and the resolution would be something that 99% of the population would agree with. I'll also add that had Brown been beaten to a pulp after being caught by the police over 90% of the population would have been fine with that as well.

 

If it has to be explained to you why this has a thread and there aren't threads on the officers killed then I don't know what to tell you that's going to make you feel better. Those threads will be started and everyone will say how awful it is, that the person who did it is scum and the discussion is done. In this instance the cop did what was expected and the guy he shot is still scum.:idunno:

That's shortsighted. Had Brown killed Wilson then Brown would be in jail and on his way to death row. Of course folks would move on. A tragedy happened and the resolution would be something that 99% of the population would agree with. I'll also add that had Brown been beaten to a pulp after being caught by the police over 90% of the population would have been fine with that as well.

 

If it has to be explained to you why this has a thread and there aren't threads on the officers killed then I don't know what to tell you that's going to make you feel better. Those threads will be started and everyone will say how awful it is, that the person who did it is scum and the discussion is done. In this instance the cop did what was expected and the guy he shot is still scum.:idunno:

 

I understand why those threads aren't popular or have a lot of post, I'm not stupid or blind. My bigger point was that if this had turned out the other way no one would have really cared and the city of Ferguson would be going on as if nothing ever happened. Businesses wouldn't have been burned to the ground, people wouldn't be out of a job at Christmas and going into winter and everything would just be fine.

 

NO WAY IN HELL 90% would be OK if the POLICE had caught Brown and beaten him to a pulp.

I understand why those threads aren't popular or have a lot of post, I'm not stupid or blind. My bigger point was that if this had turned out the other way no one would have really cared and the city of Ferguson would be going on as if nothing ever happened. Businesses wouldn't have been burned to the ground, people wouldn't be out of a job at Christmas and going into winter and everything would just be fine.

 

NO WAY IN HELL 90% would be OK if the POLICE had caught Brown and beaten him to a pulp.

 

 

Okay. yes, you're correct. Because people wouldn't be at odds over teh justice served to Mike Brown.

 

Yes, if Mike Brown beat up a cop, took his gun and killed the cop with it I guarantee that 90% of the population wouldn't have an issue with Mike Brown getting beat up by the cops when captured for "resisting arrest". Guarantee it.

Someone help me understand. A white police officer is attacked by a black theif who is higher than a kite, shots him in self defense, multiple witness lie to the investigators, the officer is accquited, and people riot.

 

OJ Simpson puts on his fancy shoes, goes over to his white ex-wifes house, cuts her head off, cuts off her white boy friends head, tramples through the blood, tracks their blood through his house, is accquited, loses the subsequent civil case, and people take to the street to celebrate.

 

What am I missing?

Okay. yes, you're correct. Because people wouldn't be at odds over teh justice served to Mike Brown.

 

Yes, if Mike Brown beat up a cop, took his gun and killed the cop with it I guarantee that 90% of the population wouldn't have an issue with Mike Brown getting beat up by the cops when captured for "resisting arrest". Guarantee it.

 

I have to respectfully disagree PP. While cop killers are near the bottom of the barrel, as far as criminals go, beating them when they are captured is wrong. I think most people would agree with me.

Someone help me understand. A white police officer is attacked by a black theif who is higher than a kite, shots him in self defense, multiple witness lie to the investigators, the officer is accquited, and people riot.

 

OJ Simpson puts on his fancy shoes, goes over to his white ex-wifes house, cuts her head off, cuts off her white boy friends head, tramples through the blood, tracks their blood through his house, is accquited, loses the subsequent civil case, and people take to the street to celebrate.

 

What am I missing?

 

You are missing the same thing I am.......

Someone help me understand. A white police officer is attacked by a black theif who is higher than a kite, shots him in self defense, multiple witness lie to the investigators, the officer is accquited, and people riot.

 

OJ Simpson puts on his fancy shoes, goes over to his white ex-wifes house, cuts her head off, cuts off her white boy friends head, tramples through the blood, tracks their blood through his house, is accquited, loses the subsequent civil case, and people take to the street to celebrate.

 

What am I missing?

 

You're speaking about the vocal minority in both cases.

I have to respectfully disagree PP. While cop killers are near the bottom of the barrel, as far as criminals go, beating them when they are captured is wrong. I think most people would agree with me.

 

I agree it is wrong. I just don't think there would be a huge uproar about it in the example I used.

He should have, at the very least, been indicted.

I have not read through this thread so sorry if this has been mentioned. I fault much of the Ferguson situation to today's pathetic media. Has there been one deep dive story that really dug in to the facts? Is investigative reporting completely dead? The media focuses on the surface and the headline. It isn't even about selling papers anymore, it is about whatever gets hits on the website ... SHOCKING ... AMAZING ... INCREDIBLE STORY. Then you read what is behind that headline and there is nothing shocking, amazing or incredible about it. Drive the website hits anyway you can.

 

Sir Charles weighs in on Ferguson.

 

"The true story came out from the grand jury testimony," Barkley said, adding that he was made aware of "key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilson's story..." He continued, "I can't believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that's why I don't like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn't do that. They never do that when black people kill each other"

 

 

Why Charles Barkley supports the Ferguson grand jury decision

 

It looks like Sir Charles and I are on the same page on this one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.