Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Indictment in Ferguson Case

Featured Replies

Your key words, "that in and of itself is not enough".

 

That's still correct. We'd have to get the rest of the details to know what is legally allowed. A punch by itself doesn't meet the criteria. A "glancing" blow as he initially claimed doesn't meet the criteria.

  • Replies 886
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Recent Gallup poll said that only 37% of blacks had a lot of confidence in police.

 

I was autocorrected. It should have said over I bet over 50% of blacks don't trust the legal system, justice system and police.

 

Looks like I was right.

I was autocorrected. It should have said over I bet over 50% of blacks don't trust the legal system, justice system and police.

 

Looks like I was right.

 

I spend more time correcting auto correct than I would if it just left me the heck alone. I hate that function.

PP92 I would be good with you sitting on a jury if I was involved somehow. As a matter of fact I think just about all black people I know I would not have a issue with. I guess I just trust people to much and do not ever look at race when dealing with a person or issue, only what is right and wrong.

 

I do as well and I would definitely go into a jury situation without preconceived notions. I trust people a ton until proven they can't be trusted. I also look at the right and wrong in all situations and try to make my decisions as informed as possible. At the same time I know how many of my family members and friends think and feel about our world today and I know they are not alone in their thoughts. I think there are way more people walking around with preconceived notions and will act on them than people who aren't.

The cause of police vs young black males is worthy of discussion. Where it is hurt is holding Michael Brown up as some sort of hero. Even if there is a debate as to his hands being up when he was fatally shot he still hurts the cause when he is held up.

 

To the underlined, spot on.

 

To the bold, I think this is what is irritating people the most. People are picking the wrong person to elevate to martyr level. When by most accounts someone commits two felonies in a matter of minutes, people do not want to hear about how someone was wronged by racial injustice. That is the reality of it.

I do as well and I would definitely go into a jury situation without preconceived notions. I trust people a ton until proven they can't be trusted. I also look at the right and wrong in all situations and try to make my decisions as informed as possible. At the same time I know how many of my family members and friends think and feel about our world today and I know they are not alone in their thoughts. I think there are way more people walking around with preconceived notions and will act on them than people who aren't.

I share your same sentiment. Maybe I am naive, but I think most are good people.

I have a question? Do all the posters here that are black think that white people cannot be fair in a grand jury or trial involving people of any other race than white? I am getting that feeling by reading some of these posts.

 

 

I started another thread trying to get some clarity on this. I really didn't get answers as to how this doesn't continue into perpetuity. Are we teaching our children these attitudes of mistrust and always being a victim? Sometimes, there is no intent.

To the underlined, spot on.

 

To the bold, I think this is what is irritating people the most. People are picking the wrong person to elevate to martyr level. When by most accounts someone commits two felonies in a matter of minutes, people do not want to hear about how someone was wronged by racial injustice. That is the reality of it.

 

I definitely understand this and to an extent I agree. My sister and I had this conversation and while we both understand the underlying meaning of the peaceful protests and frustrations of the black community with the police we both feel this is a bad example to make a point on.

 

This is where the disconnect in communication is between blacks and whites come in. It's like when arguing with your wife about putting the dishes up and then a comment is made about how it's stupid to argue about the dishes being put up and then the argument becomes about why you are calling me stupid. The whole point in the initial argument is lost. I feel like this is what is happening when using Michael Brown as a symbol for the frustrations with the police from the black community and the discussion of it with the white community.

^^ If one more person thinks about it, maybe good will come, one person at a time.

To the underlined, spot on.

 

To the bold, I think this is what is irritating people the most. People are picking the wrong person to elevate to martyr level. When by most accounts someone commits two felonies in a matter of minutes, people do not want to hear about how someone was wronged by racial injustice. That is the reality of it.

 

If there is someone to rally around, wouldn't it be the African American guy who was shot in SC by an officer as he was reaching into the vehicle to get his wallet at a convenience store?

If there is someone to rally around, wouldn't it be the African American guy who was shot in SC by an officer as he was reaching into the vehicle to get his wallet at a convenience store?

 

Exactly right. There have been far worse instances in the recent past that should be creating more of a stir than this situation, IMO.

If there is someone to rally around, wouldn't it be the African American guy who was shot in SC by an officer as he was reaching into the vehicle to get his wallet at a convenience store?

 

Yes, but he didn't die and the officer was fired and has been charged so there's less emotions going on there.

If there is someone to rally around, wouldn't it be the African American guy who was shot in SC by an officer as he was reaching into the vehicle to get his wallet at a convenience store?

 

It's important to the conversation to keep in mind that race relations between blacks and the police in Ferguson have been very poor since the 90s. While this is a much better example to use than Mike Brown, Mike Brown was the tipping point in that area.

Yes, but he didn't die and the officer was fired and has been charged so there's less emotions going on there.

 

This too.

It's important to the conversation to keep in mind that race relations between blacks and the police in Ferguson have been very poor since the 90s. While this is a much better example to use than Mike Brown, Mike Brown was the tipping point in that area.

 

Your named Chief of Police in Ferguson. What is your plan to begin heeling the relationship between the department and the black community? Or to look at it a different way what would you as a black citizen of Ferguson need to see from the police department to begin to trust to them?

 

I completely understand the bigger issue at hand, I just think it gets lost on most due to the symbol that's being used to bring the issue to light. Too many are quick to dismiss because Michael Brown appears to be criminal that attacked a cop. People get to that and lose sight of the rest.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.