Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Indictment in Ferguson Case

Featured Replies

Obviously he was coached. I've also laughed when people have brought that up as a negative. As if any lawyer worth a grain of salt isn't going to coach their client.

 

But I guess without evidence I have trouble connecting his statement to race or that he was directed to make racist comments. Seems like a strong accusation with no evidence to support it.

 

I don't have any evidence. Obviously.

 

My original post on this was to show WHY blacks may feel differently than whites. My theory on the thought that the words were strategic is irrelevant. Just my guess.

  • Replies 886
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The obvious questions to the officer would be why did he feel his life was threatened? Why did he say the day after the shooting the he took a "glancing" blow from Brown yet he said in his GJ testimony he felt one more punch could kill him? Could be a valid answer. Don't know. Questions were never asked. Why did he not use normal procedure of having another officer book the weapon into evidence? Why did he drive himself back which is not standard in this type of case? Why did he wash his clothes? Why did he wash blood off of him?

 

Why did his life feel threatened really ?

Why did his life feel threatened really ?

 

Not sure what you are asking.

I have a question . I hear some compliants from the National media that the prosecutor didn't pursue an indictment hard enough.

 

What if after reviewing all the evidence the prosecutor realized officer Wilson was incident. In normal cases the prosecutor normally wouldn't bring a case he didn't belive in to the grand jury and would not file charges.

 

But because of the national spotlight he decided to allow a grand jury so any sense of bias would be eliminated. He allowed 12 jurors to hear and read all the evidence he had and they came to same conclusion .

 

I guess what baffles is me is why would the prosecutor be obligated to forcefully push through a charge just for the sake of pushing through a charge.

 

If he believed all of the evidence pointed toward Wilson's version of events and that there was no charge to be filed, then I think the most prudent thing he could have done would be to present the evidence directly to the public and leave the grand jury out of it all together.

 

What's clear to me is that he did not bring the case to the grand jury to pursue an indictment (which has raised all of the points about how this process was rare, unprecedented, etc.). I think the case was brought to the grand jury to appease the protesters, media, etc. But, the way it was brought to the grand jury had the opposite effect.

 

For those who perceive that the system is rigged against minorities, McCullough helped fuel some of those flames by acting more like Wilson's defense than as the prosecutor in order to get the outcome he appeared to have wanted from the beginning. So, I think it's caused people to amplify their cynicism and feel that they still didn't get a fair shake.

I have a question? Do all the posters here that are black think that white people cannot be fair in a grand jury or trial involving people of any other race than white? I am getting that feeling by reading some of these posts.

 

Not all white people. Just like not all black people can be expected to be fair involving people that aren't black. Goes both ways.

 

I'd say more than 50% of all blacks people in America do but trust the legal system, justice system or the police.

 

I'd say more than 50% of all blacks people in America do but trust the legal system, justice system or the police.

 

Recent Gallup poll said that only 37% of blacks had a lot of confidence in police.

I have not read through this thread so sorry if this has been mentioned. I fault much of the Ferguson situation to today's pathetic media. Has there been one deep dive story that really dug in to the facts? Is investigative reporting completely dead? The media focuses on the surface and the headline. It isn't even about selling papers anymore, it is about whatever gets hits on the website ... SHOCKING ... AMAZING ... INCREDIBLE STORY. Then you read what is behind that headline and there is nothing shocking, amazing or incredible about it. Drive the website hits anyway you can.

You've fallen into a trap that a few have over the years. I have no issue with you or anyone. I never get personal. I take exception and comment on posts - not people. You claimed the shooting was justified because Brown reached into the vehicle and punched Officer Wilson. That's not correct. That's why I said you do not have a grasp of the case.

 

To be clear, I could NOT care less about either party in this case. I don't know them. I don't have a "side" unlike many on here and on social media. You and others fall into the trap of assuming I am bothered by this ruling because I had a desired outcome. Incorrect.

 

I just want people to speak factually and not misstate what the law says or what happened. You misstated the law by saying the punch justified the shooting. That's not correct. You said your son had the case figured out by evidence without your son knowing what the wording of the proposed charges said. I pointed that out. Not because I don't like you. I'm sure you're a fine gentleman. You just haven't shown that you are intimately aware of the requirements.

 

I don't "look for racism." Hell, I'd have to be blind not to see racism in life. I'll comment in separate post on that issue in regard to this case.

 

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you know what's behind my posts. You'll be wrong 99% of the time.

 

Well Clyde, you assume a lot.

 

It is factual that Officer Wilson was justified to shoot Mr. Brown. Officers are trained that they are allowed to use deadly force if they feel their life is in danger. I have been through this training. So yes, I do know what the law is. LEO training is fairly standard across the nation.

 

As far as "falling into your trap", if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck............

Well Clyde, you assume a lot.

 

It is factual that Officer Wilson was justified to shoot Mr. Brown. Officers are trained that they are allowed to use deadly force if they feel their life is in danger. I have been through this training. So yes, I do know what the law is. LEO training is fairly standard across the nation.

 

As far as "falling into your trap", if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck............

 

We agree on what is allowed. Your post said it was justified because he got punched. That in and of itself is not enough. I can't assume what you know. All I can go by is what you post.

We agree on what is allowed. Your post said it was justified because he got punched. That in and of itself is not enough. I can't assume what you know. All I can go by is what you post.

 

Most people can understand the inference that when a LEO is punched, there is an understandable fear for their life. Someone punching an officer does not have good intentions.

Not all white people. Just like not all black people can be expected to be fair involving people that aren't black. Goes both ways.

 

I'd say more than 50% of all blacks people in America do but trust the legal system, justice system or the police.

 

PP92 I would be good with you sitting on a jury if I was involved somehow. As a matter of fact I think just about all black people I know I would not have a issue with. I guess I just trust people to much and do not ever look at race when dealing with a person or issue, only what is right and wrong.

  • Author

 

We agree on what is allowed. Your post said it was justified because he got punched. That in and of itself is not enough. I can't assume what you know. All I can go by is what you post.

 

That's not necessarily true. A punch absolutely could be enough. What if the punch dazed the Officer and he feels like another one will knock him out?

That's not necessarily true. A punch absolutely could be enough. What if the punch dazed the Officer and he feels like another one will knock him out?

 

"Could" is the key word.

  • Author

 

"Could" is the key word.

 

Your key words, "that in and of itself is not enough".

The cause of police vs young black males is worthy of discussion. Where it is hurt is holding Michael Brown up as some sort of hero. Even if there is a debate as to his hands being up when he was fatally shot he still hurts the cause when he is held up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.