Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Indictment in Ferguson Case

Featured Replies

Aren't jurors selected based on county ? What are the demographics of the county.

 

Right over 1 million in the county.

 

79.3% White

23.7% Black

3.8% Asian

2.7% Hispanic

 

Also, last month only about 40% of the voters cast ballots in Ferguson.

  • Replies 886
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evidence would be that a driver was clocked at 62 MPH. Now what?

 

I did say testimony AND physical evidence. That would be the autopsy reports, DNA, etc. Now what?

Your last sentence tells me you do not have a firm grasp of the case. No one disputes that v

 

What is stuck in your craw with me Clyde? Seems you are the one that does not have a firm grasp. Just because you seem to look for racism everywhere doesn't mean we all do. Nor do we ignore it when we do see it. Maybe it's just not there sometimes.

 

I work in law enforcement and in the justice system daily. Anyone that doesn't have things go their way feels the system is against them.

Phhtttt..... The only person I worry about disappointing is my father and his thoughts are exactly like mine. Maybe one day when you're black you'll understand. Oh...wait........

 

Long story short:

 

I could give a rat's behind if you're disappointed in me.

 

Delted

Edited by capt278
Not worth the argument.

It seems like there are a couple of posters that aren't going to be happy with anything short of Darren Wilson being found guilty regardless of any evidence. He was white so he was wrong, white people can't be honest, white people can't be trusted, white police certainly can't be trusted, the system is broke because of white people. Michael Brown was innocent because he's black. That's how absurd some of this sounds.

 

I know there are bad cops. I know there are racist cops. There just doesn't seem to be any evidence that Darren Wilson was a bad, racist cop that shot an innocent black man for no good reason. The evidence clearly indicates that Michael Brown was the aggressor and attacked the officer. But that doesn't matter. The evidence doesn't matter. The witnesses don't matter. The Grand Jury doesn't matter. Not one single fact in the case matters. All that matters is black vs white. This is stupid.

Yeah, we have a really, really long way to go. No doubt.

I've been on your side on militarization of police. I was even attacked on this site at the start of the case for saying it didn't look good with the initial info and waiting for more info to come out before I made a decision. But I can't understand how after all the info has come out how anyone can question the result. The physical evidence is clear . I don't understand the concept of making a martyr out of someone who committed to felonies in a matter of minutes. There are cases in these type of cases where I would be on the opposite side. But in this case it is clear cut .

 

On the Grand jury point I'm confused on what you are asking. You want a juror to be selected for each individual city ? This seems crazy. Courts are set up on a county basis , why would a juror come from only one city.

 

People who live in the city limits can't vote on county issues.

 

People who live in the county can't vote on city issues.

 

People who live in the county can be on a grand jury when people in the city have issues. That's just weird to me. The city and county are separate until it comes down to punish someone. Then they are one. That's not fair to county residents or city residents.

 

I've never had any real passion around the militarization of the police. I really don't remember any of my comments about it.

 

I question a lot of things about this case. Everything isn't as clear cut to me as it is to most people. No biggie. Nothing is going to change it for either side. It's over and done.

It seems like there are a couple of posters that aren't going to be happy with anything short of Darren Wilson being found guilty regardless of any evidence. He was white so he was wrong, white people can't be honest, white people can't be trusted, white police certainly can't be trusted, the system is broke because of white people. Michael Brown was innocent because he's black. That's how absurd some of this sounds.

 

I know there are bad cops. I know there are racist cops. There just doesn't seem to be any evidence that Darren Wilson was a bad, racist cop that shot an innocent black man for no good reason. The evidence clearly indicates that Michael Brown was the aggressor and attacked the officer. But that doesn't matter. The evidence doesn't matter. The witnesses don't matter. The Grand Jury doesn't matter. Not one single fact in the case matters. All that matters is black vs white. This is stupid.

Yeah, we have a really, really long way to go. No doubt.

 

I've been saying we have a long long way to go for a long time now. Long long way to go.

  • Author

 

People who live in the city limits can't vote on county issues.

 

People who live in the county can't vote on city issues.

 

People who live in the county can be on a grand jury when people in the city have issues. That's just weird to me. The city and county are separate until it comes down to punish someone. Then they are one. That's not fair to county residents or city residents.

 

I've never had any real passion around the militarization of the police. I really don't remember any of my comments about it.

 

I question a lot of things about this case. Everything isn't as clear cut to me as it is to most people. No biggie. Nothing is going to change it for either side. It's over and done.

 

Why couldn't people who live in the city vote on county issues?

Why couldn't people who live in the city vote on county issues?

 

Because they live in the city limits. That's how it works here. I can't vote for the mayor of Danville because I live in Junction City. I live in Boyle County though. When Danville went wet I couldn't vote on that. I can sit on the grand jury in the city of Danville though if I get jury duty. That's weird to me. Is that not the same everywhere else?

  • Author
Because they live in the city limits. That's how it works here. I can't vote for the mayor of Danville because I live in Junction City. I live in Boyle County though. When Danville went wet I couldn't vote on that. I can sit on the grand jury in the city of Danville though if I get jury duty. That's weird to me. Is that not the same everywhere else?

 

If you live in the city you should still be able to vote on county issues, because you also live in the county. That's how I understood it. I still vote for county judges, county attorneys etc and I live in the city limits in my county.

I vote on county officials and any county wide issues.

 

All juries I've been called for have been county, would be interesting to find out why they're set up that way.

It seems like there are a couple of posters that aren't going to be happy with anything short of Darren Wilson being found guilty regardless of any evidence. He was white so he was wrong, white people can't be honest, white people can't be trusted, white police certainly can't be trusted, the system is broke because of white people. Michael Brown was innocent because he's black. That's how absurd some of this sounds.

 

I know there are bad cops. I know there are racist cops. There just doesn't seem to be any evidence that Darren Wilson was a bad, racist cop that shot an innocent black man for no good reason. The evidence clearly indicates that Michael Brown was the aggressor and attacked the officer. But that doesn't matter. The evidence doesn't matter. The witnesses don't matter. The Grand Jury doesn't matter. Not one single fact in the case matters. All that matters is black vs white. This is stupid.

Yeah, we have a really, really long way to go. No doubt.

 

It is frustrating.

If you live in the city you should still be able to vote on county issues, because you also live in the county. That's how I understood it. I still vote for county judges, county attorneys etc and I live in the city limits in my county.

 

I can't vote on city issues and people in the city can't vote on county issues. I am assuming we all vote for county judges, attorney, etc.

It seems like there are a couple of posters that aren't going to be happy with anything short of Darren Wilson being found guilty regardless of any evidence. He was white so he was wrong, white people can't be honest, white people can't be trusted, white police certainly can't be trusted, the system is broke because of white people. Michael Brown was innocent because he's black. That's how absurd some of this sounds.

 

I know there are bad cops. I know there are racist cops. There just doesn't seem to be any evidence that Darren Wilson was a bad, racist cop that shot an innocent black man for no good reason. The evidence clearly indicates that Michael Brown was the aggressor and attacked the officer. But that doesn't matter. The evidence doesn't matter. The witnesses don't matter. The Grand Jury doesn't matter. Not one single fact in the case matters. All that matters is black vs white. This is stupid.

Yeah, we have a really, really long way to go. No doubt.

 

Totally agree. But it is not only a couple of posters who won't be happy if Wilson isn't found guilty. MANY in the media want him tried and found guilty because it is "good for business". Facts don't matter any longer in this case AT ALL...

I vote on county officials and any county wide issues.

 

All juries I've been called for have been county, would be interesting to find out why they're set up that way.

That's because your city is part of the county. Ft. Thomas is part of Campbell County, but St. Louis City is not part of St. Louis County. They are separate political entities. The black population of St. Louis County is mainly north, which includes Ferguson, Normandy, Riverview Gardens, Kinloch, etc. The west and south areas of St. Louis County are predominantly white. If I'm understanding PP correctly, he is questioning the makeup of the grand jury in this case given the racial realities in sprawling St. Louis County. Fair question.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.