Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Kentucky really this good? Or is Kansas really just that bad?

Featured Replies

If Kentucky players give effort for each entire shift they can really upset what teams want to do offensively. Smart teams will figure out how to get shots, they just have to make them when they take them.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the platoon has really helped the twins defensively more than anything. Last year they seemed to take time off on defense at times, as If they were conserving their energy for the long haul. Now they appear to have stepped it up full throttle, knowing that after 4 or 5 minutes they're going to be resting.

That's tough on opponents, knowing that you're going to have fresh legs from all the players coming at you full steam the entire game.

Very part time hoops watcher here but I tuned in for a few minutes. In short, UK doesn't look like a college basketball team, they look like men.

My favorite quote was "This is kind of like playing frisbee in the Redwood Forest"

 

Loved it.

I think Booker is going to be much more relaxed and improved in the future, and provide a lot of their outside scoring threat. He has a beautiful shot, and I could see him really going off in a some games.

 

Couldn't agree more. He was one that I think got "caught up" in the lights last night. So I agree 100%. And the way Cal and his teammates were treating him, you could tell he has the ability and just needed that one to drop for him! The first team will get better, the the scoring from that second team could improve dramatically over time. I'm not "all in" yet. I know they'll have some blips and some team will shoot the lights out on them, but I really feel if the offense develops, they have the season in their own hands.

Kansas with 4 McDonalds All Americans and 5 projected 1st round picks is overrated.

 

If you are a UK hater that's really all you have to cling to.

Very part time hoops watcher here but I tuned in for a few minutes. In short, UK doesn't look like a college basketball team, they look like men.

 

Like this?

 

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones

 

kentucky looks unfair. like, truly unfair. kids with fake birth certificate unfair.

I just really enjoyed seeing the look on the KU players faces at the end of the game when the walk ons came in

I think it's a little bit of both. Kentucky can be that good some nights, but other nights maybe not. Kansas may take a little while to get going but should be a lot better by the end of the season (same for Kentucky). It was just a perfect storm for the Cats last night, they were just up for the challenge. If the defense can continue to bring that kind of pressure, the offense will work itself out and skys the limit. Just don't think we can expect that kind of performance night in and night out.

I just really enjoyed seeing the look on the KU players faces at the end of the game when the walk ons came in

 

I wonder when the last time KU has played against walkons, when Kansas wasn't up big?

If UK can figure out how to play a half court offense, then no one in the country would be within 15. But right now I think they are still beatable by a lot of teams.

If UK can figure out how to play a half court offense, then no one in the country would be within 15. But right now I think they are still beatable by a lot of teams.

 

A lot, really?

I think both teams have plenty of room to improve but I think Kentucky is closer to their ceiling in November, whereas Kansas is going to improve a ton over the course of the season.

 

I think what we saw last night was a direct result of the games in the Bahamas. I think that they looked very gelled last night. We become more efficient on offense, watch out.

Biggest issue for Kansas right now is they are playing the wrong PG. Mason is average at best and the freshman Graham has a ton of talent and upside. Once that gets sorted out they'll start to get things going...

A lot, really?

 

Buffalo played UK really well. If Kansas even shot 30 percent last night I think it would have been a good game. UK lives off the missed shots and fast breaks. If they don't get those they are shut down offensively. If they can develop a half court game then this team will be one of the best teams ever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.