Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Kentucky really this good? Or is Kansas really just that bad?

Featured Replies

Biggest issue for Kansas right now is they are playing the wrong PG. Mason is average at best and the freshman Graham has a ton of talent and upside. Once that gets sorted out they'll start to get things going...

 

KSR interviewed Jason King yesterday morning & he essentially said the same thing. He cited Kansas' lack of size, unreliable PG play, & UK just having more talent as his reasons for thinking UK would win by 8-12 points.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think both teams have plenty of room to improve but I think Kentucky is closer to their ceiling in November, whereas Kansas is going to improve a ton over the course of the season.

 

I think what we saw last night was a direct result of the games in the Bahamas. I think that they looked very gelled last night. We become more efficient on offense, watch out.

 

Totally agree. We tried out the platoon system in the Bahamas and the kids bought in. That gave Coach Cal 2 + months to work on it. Otherwise he would have only had a week or so after the first few games.

Lets just hope MJ doesn't show up when we play UNC. Without MJ I'll take cats by 30. With MJ I'll take cats by 10.

Buffalo played UK really well. If Kansas even shot 30 percent last night I think it would have been a good game. UK lives off the missed shots and fast breaks. If they don't get those they are shut down offensively. If they can develop a half court game then this team will be one of the best teams ever.

 

1. Buffalo scored 14 points in the second half

2. UK shot 43% against Kansas, what if they shot 50%

3. UK had 1 fast break basket vs. Kansas

I think both teams have plenty of room to improve but I think Kentucky is closer to their ceiling in November, whereas Kansas is going to improve a ton over the course of the season.

 

I think what we saw last night was a direct result of the games in the Bahamas. I think that they looked very gelled last night. We become more efficient on offense, watch out.

 

In 6 months UK will still be 4 inches bigger at every single position. All of Cal's teams, except when Noel blew out his acl, have improved over the season. Let's not act like UK is full of seniors.

I just wish Poythress could start knocking down 3's, because he's going to keep shooting them regardless. And this team needs it. He was 0-5 from 3 range against Kansas. If he could just hit a few shots look what it does for the Cats.

But I won't hold my breath about him improving his accuracy. He's had 3 years and it hasn't happened yet. He's simply not a 3 position player. He's lost when facing the basket, but I suppose Cal's got to use him there if he plays him anywhere. All the other positions are covered. And that's his only hope to get drafted.

I just wish Poythress could start knocking down 3's, because he's going to keep shooting them regardless. And this team needs it. He was 0-5 from 3 range against Kansas. If he could just hit a few shots look what it does for the Cats.

But I won't hold my breath about him improving his accuracy. He's had 3 years and it hasn't happened yet. He's simply not a 3 position player. He's lost when facing the basket, but I suppose Cal's got to use him there if he plays him anywhere. All the other positions are covered. And that's his only hope to get drafted.

 

Unfortunately he is also lost with his back to the basket.

1. Buffalo scored 14 points in the second half

2. UK shot 43% against Kansas, what if they shot 50%

3. UK had 1 fast break basket vs. Kansas

 

4. Kansas had 20 offensive rebounds (44% of misses) to UK's 15 (45% of misses)

 

 

UK played pretty excellent defense vs KU, but the offense was less than amazing.

Vegas said Sixers would be favored by 17.

Vegas said Sixers would be favored by 17.

 

Vegas released odds on a game that will never be played?

Vegas said Sixers would be favored by 17.

 

I will take UK and the points

 

 

I'll lay 1000 down on the Sixers and wouldn't lose a seconds sleep on it.

 

I'll lay 1000 down on the Sixers and wouldn't lose a seconds sleep on it.

 

We will never know, since the game will never be played.

UK has just 2 players averaging double figures in scoring: Lyles & Dakari. And both of them are averaging exactly 10 ppg.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.