Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did She Really Say That?

Featured Replies

Michele Obama gave black people permission to eat fried chicken. I just cannot believe that even a member of the black community would make such a statement. If groups want to eliminate offensive stereotypes, they must not make such statements, unless you are willing to allow others to make such statements as well. It sets up the double-standard argument.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about white people? I do love fried chicken.

Any updates on watermelons? I want to see the actual quote to see if this is being blown out of proportion.

Mountain out of a mole-hill. The host was the one who brought up soul-food, not the First Lady...and fried chicken IS soul food.

 

I managed to find the audio on an obnoxious right wing website though: Michelle Obama Gives Black People Permission To Eat Fried Chicken After Voting Democrat

 

“So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we say, we have ‘souls to the polls’ on Sunday, can we do soul food after we vote?” [interviewer] Martin asked.

 

“Absolutely, I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote, only after…” the First Lady snickered.

 

“Just Checking!” Martin exclaimed.

 

“You make a good point because I am, I do talk about health,” she added. “But I think that a good victory for Democrats on Tuesday, you know, should be rewarded with some fried chicken.

  • Author
Mountain out of a mole-hill. The host was the one who brought up soul-food, not the First Lady...and fried chicken IS soul food.

 

I managed to find the audio on an obnoxious right wing website though: Michelle Obama Gives Black People Permission To Eat Fried Chicken After Voting Democrat

 

“So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we say, we have ‘souls to the polls’ on Sunday, can we do soul food after we vote?” [interviewer] Martin asked.

 

“Absolutely, I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote, only after…” the First Lady snickered.

 

“Just Checking!” Martin exclaimed.

 

“You make a good point because I am, I do talk about health,” she added. “But I think that a good victory for Democrats on Tuesday, you know, should be rewarded with some fried chicken.

 

What do you think the reaction would have been if a white person had made such a statement?

What do you think the reaction would have been if a white person had made such a statement?

 

Would have been racially insensitive; is that what you want to hear? Yes, it would have been a huge story, but this isn't.

 

...deleted....

 

Honest to God, I don't even know why I ever come into this Controversial Forum, it just continues to eat away at my view of society.

Would have been racially insensitive; is that what you want to hear? Yes, it would have been a huge story, but this isn't.

Agreed, no story at all. I hate politics and those fringe websites are the worst

So fried chicken is soul food? Since when? I guess I love sould food.

My dad made great fried chicken.

So fried chicken is soul food? Since when? I guess I love sould food.

 

Seriously? Fried chicken is a staple of soul food... Where have you been?

Don't get me started on my love for fried chicken. I will destroy some fried chicken.

 

I don't like watermelon though.

Seriously? Fried chicken is a staple of soul food... Where have you been?

 

He needs to be introduced to some chicken and waffles.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.