November 6, 201411 yr A little leaf lettuce, a little mustard greens, add some diced green onions, and pour on the bacon grease. My folks called that "Hay". We ate that a lot, when I was a kid. Occasionally, Mom would cut up a boiled egg or two and add that to the salad. I've seen it in some restaurants, but they add some kind of vinaigrette to it. Ruins it. Mom calls it "wilted lettuce." Totally disgusting.
November 6, 201411 yr chicken is fair game, but if Mrs. Obama starts talking about crackers we might have a problem lol. Other than home made, Po Folks was my favorite place for fried chicken and greens. I've yet to meet a white person who is truly offended by being called a "cracker." And if you happen to be that person, then, wow. Think hard about how good it is to be white in America. If you don't appreciate this, then go be black for a while and come back and tell me about how great it is as opposed to how you once knew life. And yes, that's a basic paraphrase from Chris Rock's bit on that.
November 6, 201411 yr I've yet to meet a white person who is truly offended by being called a "cracker." And if you happen to be that person, then, wow. Think hard about how good it is to be white in America. If you don't appreciate this, then go be black for a while and come back and tell me about how great it is as opposed to how you once knew life. And yes, that's a basic paraphrase from Chris Rock's bit on that.
November 6, 201411 yr I've yet to meet a white person who is truly offended by being called a "cracker." And if you happen to be that person, then, wow. Think hard about how good it is to be white in America. If you don't appreciate this, then go be black for a while and come back and tell me about how great it is as opposed to how you once knew life. And yes, that's a basic paraphrase from Chris Rock's bit on that. Anyone can be truly offended by any term, it the intent is to offend or disrespect. On the flip side, there are too many people offended by terms or statements where there is truly no intent to offend.
November 6, 201411 yr Mom calls it "wilted lettuce." Totally disgusting. :no: I don't even know you anymore.
November 6, 201411 yr chicken is fair game, but if Mrs. Obama starts talking about crackers we might have a problem lol. Other than home made, Po Folks was my favorite place for fried chicken and greens. I remember going to Po Folks in BG when I was a kid.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.