Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did She Really Say That?

Featured Replies

By the way...if anyone wants dessert, I'll make blackberry dumplings. Just sayin'....If we're going soul food, and all...

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love fried chicken, watermelon, grits, corn bread, turnip-mustard-poke greens, grape koolaid, rhubarb pie, chitlins, etc. If that's soul food so be it. When I was growing up we just called it dinner.

So...this thread started out trying to make Michelle a "bad guy"...and has ended up with recipes. Well done, BGP! :D

 

Recipes that Michelle would not approve of, I might add!

By the way...if anyone wants dessert, I'll make blackberry dumplings. Just sayin'....If we're going soul food, and all...

 

OHH MAANNN! Send me directions to your house!

A good friend of mine had his wife fix me some Chitlins this summer. A mutual friend bet me that I wouldn't be able to eat one. I finished a whole bowl of them with no problem.

 

The worst thing I have ever had in my life.

  • Author

According the direction this thread has taken, anytime stereotypical comments are made, no matter who says it, your OK with it?

According the direction this thread has taken' date=' anytime stereotypical comments are made, no matter who says it, your OK with it?[/quote']

 

As I said somewhere on here today the messenger matters.

I love fried chicken, watermelon, grits, corn bread, turnip-mustard-poke greens, grape koolaid, rhubarb pie, chitlins, etc. If that's soul food so be it. When I was growing up we just called it dinner.

 

Ummmmm....grits. I LOVE grits!

According the direction this thread has taken, anytime stereotypical comments are made, no matter who says it, your OK with it?

 

No. Sorry, you and your cronies can't use the "why are we getting labeled for saying stuff, heck, Michelle Obama basically said the same thing" line. Stinks, huh? Oh well.

I made hot slaw about two weeks ago...funny story...my wife and I both mentioned to each other how we had really started craving it out of the blue, and then we both realized it was because of the giant "Re-Elect Bobbie Holsclaw, County Clerk" on Bardstown Road sign right by our apartment complex.

 

Anyway, you basically fry up a pound of bacon until it's crispy, remove the bacon from the pan and break it into small pieces and put it in a large bowl. Add two or three teaspoons of salt and another tablespoon or two of minced garlic in with the bacon and mix together. Then you slice up a head of green cabbage into slaw, maybe along with a thinly sliced onion, and you put it in the bowl with the bacon pieces. Then you add in a cup to a cup and a half of sugar, and a cup to a cup and a half of vinegar (there are debates about whether you should use white or apple cider vinegar). The sugar and vinegar proportions depend on your personal taste. I like it a little more vinegary, and I use white vinegar. Last, you take the frying pan and pour all of the hot bacon grease over everything in the bowl and mix it all together.

 

Absolutely amazing stuff.

yeah, pretty sure I'm going to have to give this one a go.
  • Author
No. Sorry, you and your cronies can't use the "why are we getting labeled for saying stuff, heck, Michelle Obama basically said the same thing" line. Stinks, huh? Oh well.

 

I guess I should just give up trying to see a society where bigotry is no longer perpeturated, by all groups. Sorry for thinking that we might make the world a better place, but it seems as if the hypocrites of the left are willing to allow bigotry of their own making and condemn everyone else.

I guess I should just give up trying to see a society where bigotry is no longer perpeturated, by all groups. Sorry for thinking that we might make the world a better place, but it seems as if the hypocrites of the left are willing to allow bigotry of their own making and condemn everyone else.

 

Funny. Most of the people in here saying it is a non issue voted for Mitch but by all means continue to bash the left.

chicken is fair game, but if Mrs. Obama starts talking about crackers we might have a problem lol.

 

Other than home made, Po Folks was my favorite place for fried chicken and greens.

I guess I should just give up trying to see a society where bigotry is no longer perpeturated, by all groups. Sorry for thinking that we might make the world a better place, but it seems as if the hypocrites of the left are willing to allow bigotry of their own making and condemn everyone else.

Oh, is that your dream now? Good stuff.

 

Additionally, if you think I'm "of the left" than you haven't been paying as close attention to my posts as I've been paying to yours.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.