3A District 5 playoffs tiebreaker

GC_Lions

Who will get the tiebreaker?

I have no idea how the tiebreaker will work. Looking into the playoffs these three teams will either be matched up against:

#1 GC,BC,EC vs #4 West Carter

#2 GC,BC,EC vs #3 Mason Co.

#3 GC,BC,EC @ #2 Fleming Co.

Which is the most likely scenario for each team? I am hoping Garrard didn't blow their chances at a home playoff game this year! All in all the playoffs look to be very competitive this year with Russell, Fleming Co., and Mason Co. in the oppostie district. Can't wait!

Kinda what I thought. That will be a very tough game and environment for Garrard. They are good enough to come out with a win, but can they handle being stopped in run game? Seems as if teams that can slow down their run game has a good chance of beating them. Need to develop a little bit of a passing struck for playoffs if they want to be successful IMO!

Who will get the tiebreaker?

I have no idea how the tiebreaker will work. Looking into the playoffs these three teams will either be matched up against:

#1 GC,BC,EC vs #4 West Carter

#2 GC,BC,EC vs #3 Mason Co.

#3 GC,BC,EC @ #2 Fleming Co.

Which is the most likely scenario for each team? I am hoping Garrard didn't blow their chances at a home playoff game this year! All in all the playoffs look to be very competitive this year with Russell, Fleming Co., and Mason Co. in the oppostie district. Can't wait!

If Magoffin County beats Lewis County the odds are very high that Estill will receice the 1. Bourbon and Garrard would need lots of help to reach the same total. However if Magoffin loses it tightens up quite a bit. He is right, lots of mah involved.

Wayne Beat Rockcastle last night so that helps Garrard out.

Definitely a big help. I haven't ran the numbers, but Garrard's situation is much improved. If Lewis can beat Magoffin, all options are on the table. Of course if Breathitt beats Letcher Central, then Bourbon gets back in the picture big time. Still too early to predict. I suspect we'll know it all by 10pm.

Definitely a big help. I haven't ran the numbers, but Garrard's situation is much improved. If Lewis can beat Magoffin, all options are on the table. Of course if Breathitt beats Letcher Central, then Bourbon gets back in the picture big time. Still too early to predict. I suspect we'll know it all by 10pm.

All depends on the Casey, Magoffin, Breathitt, and Bourbon games now, I think you're right, by 10 pm we should know.

Kinda what I thought. That will be a very tough game and environment for Garrard. They are good enough to come out with a win, but can they handle being stopped in run game? Seems as if teams that can slow down their run game has a good chance of beating them. Need to develop a little bit of a passing struck for playoffs if they want to be successful IMO!

Garrard's two losses have been their games with the highest rushing totals - over 300 yards both times, I think. Doesn't seem like they have been slowed down in those games.

Garrard's two losses have been their games with the highest rushing totals - over 300 yards both times, I think. Doesn't seem like they have been slowed down in those games.

The two games Garrard has lost has been because of big plays allowed on defense. Danville had the two deep passing touchdowns and Estill had two long touchdown runs. Those types of plays have been rare in the eight wins.

With Wayne's win over Rockcastle last night Garrard County has 15 points in first tie breaker, with Estill next at 14 and Bourbon at 12.

All 3 teams will use Western Hills in their win totals so that potential point is awash.

Estill has the potential with a Magoffin win and the winner of Morgan/Powell to gain points on GC and BC. If Powell wins they only gain 1 point on Bourbon because they use Powell in their win total.

Garrard with a Casey win over Adair can gain 1 point on EC and BC.

Bourbon has several differnet scenarios to gain tie breaker points. The biggest is that they can earn an additonal 2 point net gain with a win over George Rogers Clark. They can gain 2 points if Montgomery beats Rowan and Breathitt beats Pike County Central.

My thoughts are that all three team end up tied at 15 and move unto the second tie breaker which will find Estill and Garrard at 18 and Bourbon at 17.