Downsized

malachicrunch

There is a little spot called "Pink In a Blanket" that is on 18 -- in the strip mall next to Boone County HS -- that is delicious. Their sausage, egg & cheese croissants are dynamite in the mornings. And only $3.09 or something. They also have very good donuts. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I suspect that is good, too.

It is in the same shopping center as Jet's Pizza.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swapped out the 3 story 4 bedroom house for a nice little two bedroom condo in Florence. Gonna miss the Fort, but it took me 7 minutes to get to work today. Love it!

Actually thought about downsizing myself since we are now empty nesters. The kids don't like the idea, but we thought about a patio home but the big problem is we have 2 dogs and there really isn't a good area for the dogs to go outside due to next to no yards.

Actually thought about downsizing myself since we are now empty nesters. The kids don't like the idea, but we thought about a patio home but the big problem is we have 2 dogs and there really isn't a good area for the dogs to go outside due to next to no yards.

You could get a Porch Potty and put it on your neighbor's patio! Maybe they wouldn't notice.

If you go to Stringtown and don't get breakfast, I recommend the turkey Reuben. It is not on the menu but they have it is a special frequently, and you can always order it. Very good…

Stopped in Stringtown. Had a steak hoagie which was not on the menu. Real close to being pasquale-esque. Very good. Fries were average. Mrs. Crunch had pot roast sliders. Also very tasty. I guess the chef was experimenting with some apps. They brought some cheedar cheese and jalapeno pretzel bites for everyone to try with a jerk sauce on the side. "Free" gets me every time. We sat at a high top close to the bar area. Smoking permitted but with high ceilings and im guessing some ventilation wasn't very noticeable. Literally 3 minutes to get home. Love that.

Stopped in Stringtown. Had a steak hoagie which was not on the menu. Real close to being pasquale-esque. Very good. Fries were average. Mrs. Crunch had pot roast sliders. Also very tasty. I guess the chef was experimenting with some apps. They brought some cheedar cheese and jalapeno pretzel bites for everyone to try with a jerk sauce on the side. "Free" gets me every time. We sat at a high top close to the bar area. Smoking permitted but with high ceilings and im guessing some ventilation wasn't very noticeable. Literally 3 minutes to get home. Love that.

I really like their gumbo - I think it has chicken & sausage.

Had to run out for a quick bite last night. So we went back to Stringtown. Had wings "Daytona" style. Deep fried' date=' sauced, then grilled. Loved the cook on the wings. They should look at expanding sauce selection though. BBQ and Buffalo were only options.[/quote']

What is Daytona style??

• 1 month later...

Chuy's is now the go to for Mexican. Had a burrito that was probably best I have ever had. They only serve it on Sat and Sun. Waitress told me it was good we were there for lunch as they usually sell it out. We asked about the Charro beans after we ate. They brought out a couple of small bowls. Pretty good. Hate to say it....