Franklin County 22 Frankfort 13

jvdfc

Frankfort High School (gosh I can't figure out what to say here because I am not very creative) by referees in Franklin County's 22-13 victory over the Panthers. This reporter lost count in the 4th quarter when the Panthers had 24 penalties vs 6 for The Flyers. Bad spots also made throughout the game by the refs, all against the Panthers. It is a shame that the outcome of the game was influenced by the referees and not the players. Franklin County might have won anyway, but we will never know now. Not a level playing field!

First hats off the Flyers played very hard tonight and came away with the win. Got to give credit to the Flyer defense, I was impressed with the way they attack all night. They won the field position battle all night. Did a good job of controlling the clock. Best of luck to them the rest of the way. Hope all is well with #3.

As for the Panthers no reason to feel sorry for themselves, they played hard all night long and fought to the very end. In the 3 games Panthers have played this was just awful because of the times they shot themselves in the foot. Self inflicted wounds are hard to overcome. Too many silly mistakes made tonight and way too many motion penalties. The penalties never allowed the Panthers to get into a rhythm on offense.

Proud of the way the Panthers played on Defense they turned back the Flyers several times and kept the Panthers in the game.

Also depth played a major role. Frankfort lost 2 key players to injury early in the game and some very young kids thrown into action and did a good job.

Excuse me for a minute. I need to vent about the officials. Mr. Smoot the white hat tonight is the worse official in central KY. Good thing the test is open book. Tonight there 3 occasions that the officials blew it. All 3 times very critical points in the game. Not saying these are the reasons the Flyers won. But what I am saying the Officials STUNK!

Panthers flag for hitting an offensive player in the back. The offensive player that was hit in the back had the ball. Was a 15 yard penalty that kept a drive alive that later led to a score.

The Panthers call for targeting a defenseless player. The player was running with the football. The defender wrapped the ball carrier – Yes helmets collided because its football – but the initial contact was in the shoulders. 15 yard penalty kept a drive alive.

Then the Panthers called for Horse Collar on a QB sack with the Frankfort Player had both arms around the QB. Yes the defender had him around the shoulders. Another terrible call.

Knew the blame game was coming. Frankfort never moved the ball until they spread out FC...in the 4th quarter. When Frankfort scored why go for two? Kick the extra point and make it a one score game. Go for two...game over. FC is better. Score not indicative of the game. It really wasn't that close. I do wish Frankfort luck against beechwood in the playoffs. Seems that it what it always comes down to. Enough of the sour grapes...by rule players cannot lead with the crown of the helmet and the horse collar call was easy. Explain the numerous false start penalties? Get that fixed and Frankfort will be a tough out.

Not blaming anyone panthers got beat. If you look at my post I said not reason they lost. Also go back and read see I say panthers have to eliminate silly mistakes. So not saying anything than the 3 calls I mention above are not a accurate and occurred a important times of the game.

Edited by CoachBuckett

Flyers moved the ball all night. Honestly, If QB Sanderson plays his average game tonight, this would have been a 4 score win. Everybody has a off night I guess. Big game may have got to him. Panthers get 1 TD off the Flyer Defense. The other was off a blocked punt. Flyers kicked it deep to many times tonight and luckily got away with it. Gotta do better with kick placement guys. Both teams go win District now. Best of luck to the Panthers.

Not blaming anyone panthers got beat. If you look at my post I said not reason they lost. Also go back and read see I say panthers have to eliminate silly mistakes. So not saying anything than the 3 calls I mention above are not a accurate and occurred a important times of the game.

And were all good calls. What about the call to go for two down nine? That makes no sense.

And were all good calls. What about the call to go for two down nine? That makes no sense.

All good calls? So its against the rules to hit an offensive player in the back when he has the football?

After one of the calls - they threw a flag on the Coach Foley for being on the field. Why didnt foley get 15 yard unsportsman like penalty? It would have been deserved. Instead a 5 yard side line warning. Did it have to do with the fact he knew the call Foley was upset about wasnt solid?

The Helmet to Helmet calls are judgement calls and they are tough on officials to make. I understand that, but adding a targeting rule just makes officials over sensative. Why KHSAA need a target rule when they already have a rule for leading with the helmet?