Harlan County 26 Bell County 0 (JV)

Thanks for posting this.

Sounds like Harlan was hitting on all cylinders in this one.

Yes. I think that Bell has at least 5 sophomores that start varsity and their JV quarterback was sick today with an inner ear infection. That is what one of the parents just told me on the phone.

^^^^Makes a bit of a difference in JV. Then again, I'm one of these believers in JV being focused more on growth.

If you have kids who are showing up everyday, working hard, not causing problems and aren't a liability on the field...then play them. You never know what awkward freshman or sophomore will grow up into being a solid role player when they are older.

Personally, I say if you have enough to two platoon on the JV/9th levels, then do it. Make it all simple enough to where they can practice both sides of the ball during the week, but come game days....you play here, you play there.

^^^^Makes a bit of a difference in JV. Then again, I'm one of these believers in JV being focused more on growth.

If you have kids who are showing up everyday, working hard, not causing problems and aren't a liability on the field...then play them. You never know what awkward freshman or sophomore will grow up into being a solid role player when they are older.

Personally, I say if you have enough to two platoon on the JV/9th levels, then do it. Make it all simple enough to where they can practice both sides of the ball during the week, but come game days....you play here, you play there.

Yes that is the way it is done at Bell. Trying to get kids ready for Friday nights.