Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many BGP'ers are not on Facebook?

Featured Replies

^^^ Me too. First day of school pictures. Grandchildren telling me what's going on. Connecting with old friends and family. Don't post a lot, but I stay connected.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am, but don't check in much.

  • Author
I am and it's a Godsend for me. With my family and friends all over the place, it's how we stay connected. Before Facebook, many of us had lost touch completely. Now, we at least can get in touch and occasionally see what's going on in each other's lives. Life takes us all in so many different directions. It's nice to have a place to go and catch up.

 

I have reconnected with many family members in Florida. Quite nice actually. But some may say I'm just wasting time.

 

I have reconnected with many family members in Florida. Quite nice actually. But some may say I'm just wasting time.

 

Not I. Like Jaysie posted, being able to be a part of the lives of those we love and those we share friendship with is never a waste of time, in my opinion.

Im on facebook, you can see my ugly mug with the beautiful future Mrs. Plantmanky making monkey faces from when we were at the zoo.

I have reconnected with many family members in Florida. Quite nice actually. But some may say I'm just wasting time.

How is that wasting time? Sounds like time well spent.

Yes, but it is hard for you to stay active. Ive not heard of FB suspending anyone.

 

FB just likes blocking people from sending friend request and if your blocked from doing that, you can't send anyone who isn't on your friends list a message until the block is over

I am and it's a Godsend for me. With my family and friends all over the place, it's how we stay connected. Before Facebook, many of us had lost touch completely. Now, we at least can get in touch and occasionally see what's going on in each other's lives. Life takes us all in so many different directions. It's nice to have a place to go and catch up.

 

I joined Facebook only to keep in touch with our family who live anywhere between Maryland, Wisconsin and California.

No.

 

 

Our social media consists of Sarah the operator. :lol2:

I'm trying my best to wean myself from it. I might spend a grand total of 5 minutes a day on it.

I am on there but I am rarely on there anymore like I used to be. Just tired of all the negativity. If it wasn't such a good source of networking for me to keep in touch with people I care about I would delete my account. I don't have a lot of family close by and some of my best friends aren't close by so Facebook is a great tool for me in that aspect.

  • Author
How is that wasting time? Sounds like time well spent.

 

Just my weak attempt at sarcasm.

Facebook is good to see when something personal is going on with somebody that they may not share on BGP. I've kept up with and offered prayer to a few BGPers on FB when I'd have never known about it just on BGP.

I am on there but I am rarely on there anymore like I used to be. Just tired of all the negativity. If it wasn't such a good source of networking for me to keep in touch with people I care about I would delete my account. I don't have a lot of family close by and some of my best friends aren't close by so Facebook is a great tool for me in that aspect.

I've quit following a ton of pages that just spewed stuff that was over the top, mostly political stuff from the right and tea party. It has made FB more about people and less about the other stuff.

I am and it has been great to connect with family I rarely see and also reconnecting with college and HS classmates

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.