Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many BGP'ers are not on Facebook?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 71
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not and I don't feel I'm missing much since I view my wife's account every now and then. Some of the stuff people post on her page shouldn't be on display in public.

Love how so many act like they are too cool for facebook. And yet...

No facebook, No Twitter. Wife is on Facebook and provides me any info that I need.

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

LinkedIn

SoundCloud

Facebook is a very good resource. I'll just leave it at that.

I love FB. I have connected with family from all over the country as well as old friends that I grew up with. I don't use it to discuss anything controversial because those things can get out of hand quick! I usually use it to post pictures for others to see or to see my 3 new great nieces!

PM me if anyone wants to be FB friends!

I am actually trying to make an attempt to be more active on facebook. Presently I seldom participate and just read, but I would be fibbing if I said I do not make multiple visits a day to read the home page, feed, or whatever it is called. The age demographic ahead of me takes facebook incredibly serious and those folks genuinely value status updates, "liking" photos, etc. so I try and use it more from a networking standpoint. Other social media outlets are more popular with the younger folks.

I have an account that I set up several years ago...but I probably spent more time setting that account up than time I have spent on the site combined since then. I am on it rarely, post even far more rarely, and couldn't tell you how to do much of anything on the site. However, I probably won't delete it simply because it is a way for old friends to find/contact me, such as for Army unit reunions and high school reunions, which I have a 30 year one coming up next month.

I have an account that I set up several years ago...but I probably spent more time setting that account up than time I have spent on the site combined since then. I am on it rarely, post even far more rarely, and couldn't tell you how to do much of anything on the site. However, I probably won't delete it simply because it is a way for old friends to find/contact me, such as for Army unit reunions and high school reunions, which I have a 30 year one coming up next month.

And I have said this before on here, facebook has eliminated the need to have class reunions. The people you keep up with and see are exactly that already. The ones you would normally just exchange pleasantries with at a reunion and give the ole, "oh, what do you do... how many kids do you have..." talk can be covered with facebook. Plus there does not have to be the awkward staring if the spouse is hot (or ugly :D).

No.

 

 

Our social media consists of Sarah the operator. :lol2:

 

What about Floyd?

And I have said this before on here, facebook has eliminated the need to have class reunions. The people you keep up with and see are exactly that already. The ones you would normally just exchange pleasantries with at a reunion and give the ole, "oh, what do you do... how many kids do you have..." talk can be covered with facebook. Plus there does not have to be the awkward staring if the spouse is hot (or ugly :D).

 

 

Now see, I totally disagree. Though I might not go to my reunion this time around, the whole point of going is to SEE and personally INTERACT with friends/acquaintances that...well in my case I haven't seen in many many years. Following someone on Facebook is no substitute for that.

Now see, I totally disagree. Though I might not go to my reunion this time around, the whole point of going is to SEE and personally INTERACT with friends/acquaintances that...well in my case I haven't seen in many many years. Following someone on Facebook is no substitute for that.

If you are not able to actually see true friends/acquaintances on a regular basis that is one thing... I am talking about the other 90% of your graduating class.

If you are not able to actually see true friends/acquaintances on a regular basis that is one thing... I am talking about the other 90% of your graduating class.

 

Well I don't know what situation others might be in, but for me, I left home at 18 when I joined the military and, well, have only been back "home" for a week or maybe even just a couple of days every now and then since then. Once I got out of the military I relocated to KY (from NC) started school, then my career...and people I knew in high school, even close friends, I have not had the opportunity to see in a long time. Same goes with friends I made while in the Army. And again, not being a fan of Facebook I don't follow people on any routine basis on it either.

 

I guess I'm just old fashioned and would prefer to interact face to face if/when I want to interact with an old friend/acquaintance.

I use it mainly to follow different companies I like and for updates on things going on at my CrossFit gym. Also us it for updates on my daughters archery team at school. Of course this year I will be the coach so I guess I will be the one doing the updating.

 

If it were strictly about friends/people I would probably have given up on it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.