Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many BGP'ers are not on Facebook?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 71
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love how so many act like they are too cool for facebook. And yet...

 

Actually I've found it to be the opposite. All the cool people are on facebook and us old fuddy duddies aren't.

 

The other 5 members of the CWF household are on it. It just doesn't interest me.

I set up a facebook account mainly so I could share pictures of sporting events.

 

And I like the picture they gave me better than the one I have on bgp. 954801_10150002137498316_604636659114323291_n.jpg?oh=72933247a158b6adaa91332500bf38f9&oe=546F35F7&__gda__=1417755042_998c93eecb63ec5ddca95e6f7fe610d2

If you are not able to actually see true friends/acquaintances on a regular basis that is one thing... I am talking about the other 90% of your graduating class.

 

See, that's where people are so different. I have not laid eyes on 99% of my graduating class since 1989. Since then there are 3 people (out of 74) that I have physically seen since my 5 year reunion. All but about 5 of us have found each other on Facebook.

When facebook first started, it was used as an extension of your existing social life. College students are constantly meeting new people and facebook provided a way to keep up with your new friends or get to know them better outside of traditional social interaction.

 

I think for that generation of facebook users it has evolved from something useful to something tedious. They’ve left college, settled down into marriage and careers, and are mostly in touch with those they want to be in touch with on a regular basis. I think a lot of these people continue to be on there out of inertia. It’s lost a lot of its utility.

 

On the other hand, as this thread seems to indicate, a lot of people who weren’t part of that first-generation of users have found it useful for re-connecting with old friends and family they’ve fallen out of touch with over the years or to keep updated with their kids’ lives. For the younger generations there are ways of keeping in touch despite proximity, like text-messaging, email, and other social media where you can focus on the people you’re actually interested in without divulging so much information.

 

I don’t have any real point, but it’s interesting to speculate about where facebook will be after another decade. Will it retain its ubiquity or is it dispensable? There's no precedent.

I'm not on it. Really have no desire. I'm a pretty private primate. I really have a privacy phobia about social networks.

  • Author
I'm not on it. Really have no desire. I'm a pretty private primate. I really have a privacy phobia about social networks.

 

He says after 3,698 opinions posted on BGPS

He says after 3,698 opinions posted on BGPS

 

Awe, where's the love? This is really the only social site I correspond on. 3,698 since 2006, I'd say I'm in the bottom percentile with the number of posts on BGP. Are you and Rockmom making fun of me? Wow, I pour my heart out and post an honest response and I get ridiculed. I'm marking you two down on my list!

 

And I'm tellin' my wife too PaNDA, she's an NDA alumnus, she'll hunt you down!

  • Author
Awe, where's the love? This is really the only social site I correspond on. 3,698 since 2006, I'd say I'm in the bottom percentile with the number of posts on BGP. Are you and Rockmom making fun of me? Wow, I pour my heart out and post an honest response and I get ridiculed. I'm marking you two down on my list!

 

And I'm tellin' my wife too PaNDA, she's an NDA alumnus, she'll hunt you down!

 

This site keeps me anonymous so I doubt she can find out who I am. I am a true BGP secret. And we would never make fun of you but rather have fun with you.

Awe, where's the love? This is really the only social site I correspond on. 3,698 since 2006, I'd say I'm in the bottom percentile with the number of posts on BGP. Are you and Rockmom making fun of me? Wow, I pour my heart out and post an honest response and I get ridiculed. I'm marking you two down on my list!

 

And I'm tellin' my wife too PaNDA, she's an NDA alumnus, she'll hunt you down!

 

What's NDA?

The Facebook app is horrible. Zuckerberg should be ashamed at that crap app they put out.

I don't have it, I'm afraid all of my former hotttt girlfriends will try to reconnect with me.

I have a great and beautiful wife, don't need the drama of former 5star girlfriends. (That's out of 5 too) not 10

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.