9th region

NDA vs St. Henry: St. Henry is tough and is on a roll and they do so love to play NDA. St. Henry will have the gym packed with their fans........Will NDA be able to come back after such a huge loss or will it be like last year when they lost to NCC. On paper it's NDA but they don't play games on paper. Too close to call and that means St. Henry. Hope not but......

Lloyd vs Newport: Haven't seen either team play this year, but Newport has to be the huge favorite

Boone vs Dixie: Sorry Dixie but Boone will roll in this one. Fookes coached team just don't lose two in a row.....

Highland vs Cov Holy Cross: Have seen both team play....Highland is tough, HC doesn't quit, too close to call...... but look for HC to win....they find a way.....

HC vs Highlands.. I like HC in a very close game with Rachel Lantry being the difference and just not being ready to see her great high school career come to an end.

Dixie vs Boone..Unfortunately the Colonels will feel the effects of Boone having just lost in the District and I doubt Fookes will let them not come into this game fully focused. I'm an admirer of Coach Spritzkys ability to coach but she doesn't have the horses to beat Boone. Look for Dixie to make some noise in the next couple of years.

Lloyd vs Newport.. I have seen both teams play on a couple of occassions and I think you can say about both of them it depends on "Which team shows up". Better yet which Tamara shows up. If she comes ready to play and to take control then LLoyd has no answer. If she doesn't get at least some help from Price or someone else then Lloyd could sneak by in this one..I'll go with Newport.

St Henry vs NDA..Should be the best 1st round game of the tourney and if NDA lets St Henry hang around then this could be an upset in the making. NDA is definitely the favorite but St Henry has played consistently all seasons. NDA in a nail biter.

BIGZIG...Thank you!!!! Someone has finally seen that the Lady Colonels will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years. They WILL make some noise next year! There are some really dedicated players on the team that will be working hard in the off season to improve on some basic skills, gain some confidence, and take advantage of having learned so much from an excellent coach this year. They are a young team, including an eighth grader who became a starter during the last half of the season. Firth will be well and come back strong and healthy for her senior year!!

And don't count them out of the Region yet!!!......stranger things have happened!! Anybody's game on any-given day!!

BIGZIG...Thank you!!!! Someone has finally seen that the Lady Colonels will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years. They WILL make some noise next year! There are some really dedicated players on the team that will be working hard in the off season to improve on some basic skills, gain some confidence, and take advantage of having learned so much from an excellent coach this year. They are a young team, including an eighth grader who became a starter during the last half of the season. Firth will be well and come back strong and healthy for her senior year!!

And don't count them out of the Region yet!!!......stranger things have happened!! Anybody's game on any-given day!!

Add that to an outstanding coach in Coach Sprtitzy and yes they will be a force for the next several years. I think the 34th District as a whole will be looking up the next few years with Ludlow and Lloyd both having several young talented players in their respective programs and an always competitive Villa Madonna team and the District should be fun to watch for the next few years.

Theoldguy edited out the misinformation that I was addressing. He had indicated that St. Henry and Lloyd were from the same district and therefore be in different brackets.

No, what I edited out was my idea of who would wind up where in the Region, when I noticed that the actual placement were made (sorta dumb to post what you think might happen, when it already has been post what actually happened):lol:

I know that St. Henry and Lloyd are in different districts, but with Dixie playing Boone in the upper bracket, it required St. Henry and Lloyd to be in the lower bracket.....since both couldn't play their district opponent until the finals.... Thats all......sorry:D