Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region

Featured Replies

  • Author
Theoldguy editied out the misinformation that I was addressing. He had indicated that St. Henry and Lloyd were from the same district and therefore be in different brackets.

Oh...Just thought I was missing something, and since I am new here... I want to be sure to be on the bandwagon!! Thanks!

Well I admit I haven't seen any of the teams play this year. I know Holy Cross aint as good this year as they have been the last couple of years, but Im going to say Holy Cross finds away to win the region this year. They have the best player in the Region in Rachel Lantry and big time players step up and lead there team when they need it and I think Rachel will do just that and lead them to the regional championship and down to state.

I would have to argue with you on that one Futurecoach. I think Tamara Sneed from Newport is comparable, if not better, than LAntry. Lantry is a better shooter, but Sneed handles the ball better and, when she wants to, plays better defense.

I would have to argue with you on that one Futurecoach. I think Tamara Sneed from Newport is comparable, if not better, than LAntry. Lantry is a better shooter, but Sneed handles the ball better and, when she wants to, plays better defense.

 

I think Sneed has the potential to be a better player then Lantry but at this point has by no means proven she can be nearly as consistent as Lantry. Lantry has been playing at a very high level since she was a freshmen against some very good competition. Yes she has had better players surrounding her but IMO Sneed still takes plays off or seems to get lost for periods that are sort of unexplainable. Not much really separates them except maybe a little more intensity from Lantry in my opinion. Sneed has a lot of god given ability and fortunately she has one more year to prove just how good she is. Rachel Lantry has taken full advantage of her 4 years and honestly its hard to argue with the things she has accomplished. Lantry has had a basketball in her hand since she was very little and her family saw to it that she had the opportunity to play against some of the best. She has taken advantage of the opportunities presented to her and she is to be commended for a brilliant career.

I think Sneed has the potential to be a better player then Lantry but at this point has by no means proven she can be nearly as consistent as Lantry. Lantry has been playing at a very high level since she was a freshmen against some very good competition. Yes she has had better players surrounding her but IMO Sneed still takes plays off or seems to get lost for periods that are sort of unexplainable. Not much really separates them except maybe a little more intensity from Lantry in my opinion. Sneed has a lot of god given ability and fortunately she has one more year to prove just how good she is. Rachel Lantry has taken full advantage of her 4 years and honestly its hard to argue with the things she has accomplished. Lantry has had a basketball in her hand since she was very little and her family saw to it that she had the opportunity to play against some of the best. She has taken advantage of the opportunities presented to her and she is to be commended for a brilliant career.

 

:thumb:

I think Sneed has the potential to be a better player then Lantry but at this point has by no means proven she can be nearly as consistent as Lantry. Lantry has been playing at a very high level since she was a freshmen against some very good competition. Yes she has had better players surrounding her but IMO Sneed still takes plays off or seems to get lost for periods that are sort of unexplainable. Not much really separates them except maybe a little more intensity from Lantry in my opinion. Sneed has a lot of god given ability and fortunately she has one more year to prove just how good she is. Rachel Lantry has taken full advantage of her 4 years and honestly its hard to argue with the things she has accomplished. Lantry has had a basketball in her hand since she was very little and her family saw to it that she had the opportunity to play against some of the best. She has taken advantage of the opportunities presented to her and she is to be commended for a brilliant career.

 

I think over the last 4 weeks you would have seen a diferent Sneed playing then the one you described. When you play 32 minutes, bring the ball up against any press, guard the best perimeter player on the other team, and be counted on to score at least 20 points per game you are going to take off some plays. I have watched her get her teammates more involved and be a coach on the floor. She's enourgaging her teammates after they make mistakes instead of getting discouraged herself. If the player I have watched the last couple of weeks continues this throughout the summer and into next season she will be dominate girls basketball next year.

Another St. Henry/Boone match-up in the final.

I think over the last 4 weeks you would have seen a diferent Sneed playing then the one you described. When you play 32 minutes, bring the ball up against any press, guard the best perimeter player on the other team, and be counted on to score at least 20 points per game you are going to take off some plays. I have watched her get her teammates more involved and be a coach on the floor. She's enourgaging her teammates after they make mistakes instead of getting discouraged herself. If the player I have watched the last couple of weeks continues this throughout the summer and into next season she will be dominate girls basketball next year.

 

I totally agree with you. When HC and NPT played in the All A, it was Sneed, and not Lantry carrying their team. She takes her teammates to levels unimaginable by ordinary players. I think they are both great, but I would want Sneed over Lantry. IMHO

I totally agree with you. When HC and NPT played in the All A, it was Sneed, and not Lantry carrying their team. She takes her teammates to levels unimaginable by ordinary players. I think they are both great, but I would want Sneed over Lantry. IMHO

 

I've seen Lantry play more then Sneed and unfortunately I saw Sneed play maybe one of her worse games against Ludlow about 2 weeks ago. Her potential and/ or upside as they like to call it is probably greater then Lantry but I think she still has a lot to prove next year. Unfortunately I haven't seen her take her teammates to unimaginable levels but I certainly wish her the very best next year as I wish Rachel Lantry the very best at NKU.

  • Author
I've seen Lantry play more then Sneed and unfortunately I saw Sneed play maybe one of her worse games against Ludlow about 2 weeks ago. Her potential and/ or upside as they like to call it is probably greater then Lantry but I think she still has a lot to prove next year. Unfortunately I haven't seen her take her teammates to unimaginable levels but I certainly wish her the very best next year as I wish Rachel Lantry the very best at NKU.

I agree. I have seen both play several times this season. Sneed is definitely a strong player. She has much more potential (IMO) than she is putting effort towards. She can turn it up ,thats true, but just doesn't seem to have the drive to do so all the time. This is a game of 110% all the tme. Which is what I think of when I see Lantry play. Lantry, to me is the whole package!! I am not a Holy Cross fan nor parent (in fact I have a daughter on an opposing team), but have used Lantry in several conversations this season with my daughter to illustrate some principles I am hoping to continue to instill in my still young player! Rachels attitude is by far the best I have seen in many years of AAu and school basketball! She plays with her heart AND her head. If things aren't developing in a game situation as she thinks they should ...she appears to handle it sooooo well and get on with the game.No pouting, no mouthing off, no faces made! That seems to be contagious with the rest of the team. Thus the Holy Cross' teams continuing success!!

I agree. I have seen both play several times this season. Sneed is definitely a strong player. She has much more potential (IMO) than she is putting effort towards. She can turn it up ,thats true, but just doesn't seem to have the drive to do so all the time. This is a game of 110% all the tme. Which is what I think of when I see Lantry play. Lantry, to me is the whole package!! I am not a Holy Cross fan nor parent (in fact I have a daughter on an opposing team), but have used Lantry in several conversations this season with my daughter to illustrate some principles I am hoping to continue to instill in my still young player! Rachels attitude is by far the best I have seen in many years of AAu and school basketball! She plays with her heart AND her head. If things aren't developing in a game situation as she thinks they should ...she appears to handle it sooooo well and get on with the game.No pouting, no mouthing off, no faces made! That seems to be contagious with the rest of the team. Thus the Holy Cross' teams continuing success!!

 

:thumb: Great Post I agree with you completely!

:thumb: Great Post I agree with you completely!

 

 

Ditto:thumb:

Newport's hungry, and with the great coaching the LadyWildcats have. I think they will win the 9th Region. The Price girl is the only Senior on the team and when your playing in a lose go home situation, Coach Sloan will use that as motivation tool.

No disrespect to all the N.Ky. Players and Teams, I just think Newport is really going to be ready, they have outside shooting and the Bivens sisters and the Darnell girl down low these girls are good!! and of course they have the most talented player in the Region Tamara Sneed everyone will see in this Tournament.

Tamara is an outstanding player she strives to make everyone around her a better ball player and I commend her for that. Not only can Sneed put up great offensive stats she is no slacker on the defensive end when she puts forth her best effort. With that being said Sneed is by far the best player in the 9th region. Her only downfall would be her jumpshot and she will continue developing into a better shooter over the summer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.