Coaching Changes

As the tournaments are drawing to a close, I have heard many rumors about coaching changes in the 14th region. What rumors have you heard and which are legitimate??? It appears that several schools have coaches that do not have the philosophy to win the the talent of their teams. What are your opinions?????????????????????????

I heard some rumors also, but nothing concrete. Some of the schools that I have heard mentioned include Hazard, Powell, Knott, Owsley and Wolfe. I guess we can monitor the KHSAA website for job openings to see if any of the position are indeed going to be open.

Have heard of Powell and Owsley. Nothing going to happen at Wolfe and i would think unless Spurlock leaves on his own nothing going to happen there either.JMO

I keep hearing Spurlock is definatly gone and it is a shocker who will be named his replacement. As far as the Wolfe job I believe it is 50 -50 whether the same coach returns.

I keep hearing Spurlock is definatly gone and it is a shocker who will be named his replacement. As far as the Wolfe job I believe it is 50 -50 whether the same coach returns.

I don't think the wolfe job is open unless Bull decides to step down. There is no firing in this situation. It will be Coach Creech's decision. JMO.

Why are people talking about coaching changes at teams that are still in the tournament? Seems to me that these coaches still have their teams in the game. Hazard and Wolfe one of these coaches will have their team in the regional semi finals and the winner of that game may win it all.

Why are people talking about coaching changes at teams that are still in the tournament? Seems to me that these coaches still have their teams in the game. Hazard and Wolfe one of these coaches will have their team in the regional semi finals and the winner of that game may win it all.

Agreed:thumb:

Just heard they may be gone after the year. Did not hear reasons why. It could be possible they are moving to better jobs or just tired of coaching. I do think there will be 4-5 openings in the 14th.