Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith

Featured Replies

this is about his wife. I can see no scenario that I would hit my wife. It's not like he couldn't have restrained her.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and if he can't restrain a woman, he's gonna have a hell of a time in blitz pickup. No excuse.

Did you say no matter who you are? I can't read your mind.

 

Okay, the third grade version for you, my original post said may have it coming.

 

Obviously we are NOT talking about young children here. If you want to be productive and part of the conversation don't play wordsmith and knowingly twist the spirit of the post.

Okay' date=' the third grade version for you, my original post said may have it coming. Obviously we are NOT talking about young children here. If you want to be productive and part of the conversation don't play wordsmith and knowingly twist the spirit of the post.[/quote']

 

I wasn't twisting anything and my previous post explains my thoughts.

I just don't get the " I understand how the guy would have hit the woman" thought process. It simply can't happen no matter how much he was provoked.

What if she had a knife or a gun?

ESPN confused me on this one. I don't think Stephen A. should have been suspended even though I feel like he should have been smarter with his words. Men have to show restraint when it comes to possible physical altercation with women even if they are provoking it. However, I do agree with the notion that women shouldn't treat men with the belief that he won't lose his mind and become an idiot and put his hands on her if she provokes that man too much. What makes the conversation tricky is that when you make that statement that women shouldn't provoke a man into violence people make it out like you advocate physical violence to women and that isn't the case.

Serious question.

 

How many men on here have ever been beaten by a woman? I'm not talking 12 years old on the bus. I'm talking over 18 years old, woman beating your tail and you are defenseless. Anyone ever been in that situation?

^ I don't think anyone would admit it. But if you remember a few months ago on here we had a thread about how many males have been abused by women. It is more common that one would think.

What if she had a knife or a gun?

 

Yeah trying to hit someone with a weapon is a great idea. Even more reason to just walk away.

I don't think Ray Rice's behave should be condoned or excused. Before this thread, I hadn't seen or heard Smith's comments. But I'm all for keeping him off my airwaves.

this is about his wife. I can see no scenario that I would hit my wife. It's not like he couldn't have restrained her.

 

I agree with the post, but with the law it is not quite so clear. If your wife comes after you, and you restrain her or even block her punches and/or leave a mark on her arm or wrist, and then she calles the police, the man will be arrested no if/ands/or buts. I have two close friends who I absolutely know would not hit a woman who were both married to crazy women. The exact same thing happened to both of them. In BOTH cases the women used the "assault" charge, which takes some time to get dismissed, as evidence to attempt to leverage a better divorce settlement.

 

Of course if my wife comes after me, she would kick my butt.

 

The man's best option in all cases is RUN and call the police first!

I agree with what Stephen A. said. Michelle Beadle's tweets are pretty close-minded, IMO. Someone can absolutely provoke violence that may come towards them. I in no way condone hitting women, it just isn't right. But to act like women should be able to do ANYTHING to men and not expect anything to happen, that is wrong in my book. When a grown woman is provoking a grown man, and it gets to the point where she uses physical violence on him, if he retaliates, she can't play the victim and the "OMG He's crazy and beats me!" card...

However, I do agree with the notion that women shouldn't treat men with the belief that he won't lose his mind and become an idiot and put his hands on her if she provokes that man too much. What makes the conversation tricky is that when you make that statement that women shouldn't provoke a man into violence people make it out like you advocate physical violence to women and that isn't the case.

 

Exactly. Women can't provoke men purposely, and then play the victim. It just shouldn't work that way, IMO.

1. I don't like Stephen A.

 

2. He didn't excuse Ray Rice for his actions, and thinks the punishment should have been worse.

 

3. I think he was trying to say something and it came out differently then what he had in his head. I think he is guilty of using poor wording in his response, but I don't think he should have been suspended.

Serious question.

 

How many men on here have ever been beaten by a woman? I'm not talking 12 years old on the bus. I'm talking over 18 years old, woman beating your tail and you are defenseless. Anyone ever been in that situation?

I my mind it's not about getting beaten by a women. You and your woman are arguing, tempers are up, you've both been drinking, then all of a sudden she smacks the crap out of you. It could be nothing more then a reflex or reaction.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.