Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith

Featured Replies

I my mind it's not about getting beaten by a women. You and your woman are arguing, tempers are up, you've both been drinking, then all of a sudden she smacks the crap out of you. It could be nothing more then a reflex or reaction.

 

I'm not talking about a smack. I'm talking she is beating your tail because she knows or thinks the man won't hit her back.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not talking about a smack. I'm talking she is beating your tail because she knows or thinks the man won't hit her back.

 

Then run away from the situation, and call the police.

I'm not necessarily a Stephen A. Smith fan but he's in a tough position. They throw those guys on live television and ask them to rapid fire about highly controversial topics. Then, they suspend them if they say anything too controversial. Again, not really a fan, but that's a tough position to be in.

 

Agreed. Ironically, it was the complaining of a fellow employee on social media that led to his suspension.

 

If she had an issue with his "take" then she should have gone to upper management and not gone to Twitter.

 

For the record, I am not a big Stephen A fan. He's becoming a caricature of himself. I'm becoming less and less of a Beadle fan.

If he's going to make his comments publicly, why should she not be allowed to do the same?

Everyone that says the woman is culpable is 100% correct.

 

Everyone that says even if that's true the man needs to show some level of restraint is correct.

 

This case is a perfect example of how dangerous it is to try to point out anything other than the obvious. Stephen A SAID Ray Rice should have been punished more severely. He got off track, even though he was right, when putting any culpability on the victim. We as a society are not well-equipped to handle this. We're too sensitive. "The lady got knocked out - how can you say anything negative about her? You condone this?" That thinking shows that we are not a nation of great thinkers.

 

 

Stephen A had a valid point. He just made it to a society that can't handle any idea that didn't immediately pop into it's collective brains.

If he's going to make his comments publicly, why should she not be allowed to do the same?

 

I didn't say "allowed."

 

I said it would have been handled better if she had said the exact same things to management. She put her bosses in a no-win situation.

I didn't say "allowed."

 

I said it would have been handled better if she had said the exact same things to management. She put her bosses in a no-win situation.

How do you feel the bosses would have handled it if she had gone straight to them? Do you think she would have been satisfied with anything other than a suspension?

I'm confused. You say you can't buy that then say he couldn't just walk away?

 

For the record I don't condone what he did and I would like to think I would never hit a woman. I've made it 39 years without doing it and been tested plenty by a former girl friend.

I meant from the elevator.

How do you feel the bosses would have handled it if she had gone straight to them? Do you think she would have been satisfied with anything other than a suspension?

 

Pure conjecture on our part but....

 

When you are an employee you have to realize that you don't always get your way. She should appreciate the chance to be heard and have her valid concerns taken into consideration. She probably would not have been happy with anything short of a suspension. At that point she has two choices - accept it as an employee and continue to push against that type of thinking by a colleague OR quit.

 

Professionally unbecoming on her part IMO. I would NOT be happy with her if I was SR management.

How do you feel the bosses would have handled it if she had gone straight to them? Do you think she would have been satisfied with anything other than a suspension?

 

We all know the answer to that. It would've been swept under the rug like everything else by ESPN. Only way to have them do anything is to voice your complaints/frustrations publicly.

 

I say bravo to her. She knew full well they wouldn't take a stand so she forced them to.

How do you feel the bosses would have handled it if she had gone straight to them? Do you think she would have been satisfied with anything other than a suspension?

 

Who cares what Michelle Beadle thinks?

Pure conjecture on our part but....

 

When you are an employee you have to realize that you don't always get your way. She should appreciate the chance to be heard and have her valid concerns taken into consideration. She probably would not have been happy with anything short of a suspension. At that point she has two choices - accept it as an employee and continue to push against that type of thinking by a colleague OR quit.

 

Professionally unbecoming on her part IMO. I would NOT be happy with her if I was SR management.

 

ESPN is a much different environment than most work places. Most people can't go to social media and complain about the job performance of a fellow employee without being reprimanded by management. I'm sure ESPN encourages all their employees to tweet to help increase their viewership even if it is about a controversial subject.

Who cares what Michelle Beadle thinks?

 

Obviously ESPN management for starters, and all of those who follow her would be another answer.

ESPN is a much different environment than most work places. Most people can't go to social media and complain about the job performance of a fellow employee without being reprimanded by management. I'm sure ESPN encourages all their employees to tweet to help increase their viewership even if it is about a controversial subject.

 

It was unprofessional on her part. If she really had an issue with what he said, Twitter is not to the place to hash that out. She is a drama queen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.