July 30, 201412 yr ^So it's okay for him to speak his mind, but not her? Different environments. One was on set doing a job.The other was from the peanut gallery. Speak your mind to your bosses. Don't put management in a no-win situation.
July 30, 201412 yr Different environments. One was on set doing a job.The other was from the peanut gallery. Speak your mind to your bosses. Don't put management in a no-win situation. Stephen A. did exactly that with his comments. So your saying you'd have no issue with her comments if they had come while she was doing a "take" on her show?
July 30, 201412 yr Obviously ESPN management for starters, and all of those who follow her would be another answer. ESPN management had to address it once she made it a bigger issue than it was... That doesn't mean they care what she thought on the issue.
July 30, 201412 yr Stephen A. did exactly that with his comments. Disagree. His comments made sense to most. He was very clear on his stance on what Rice did. He also pointed out that the other party was culpable. That's offensive?
July 30, 201412 yr It was unprofessional on her part. If she really had an issue with what he said, Twitter is not to the place to hash that out. She is a drama queen. I don't know her, wouldn't know her if they showed her face on ESPN. Like I stated earlier I would be very surprised if management didn't encourage her to tweet her voice her displeasure to Smith's comments.
July 30, 201412 yr ESPN management had to address it once she made it a bigger issue than it was... That doesn't mean they care what she thought on the issue. Clearly they do. If they didn't care what she thought, or if they didn't think others cared what she thinks, they could've ignored it. They clearly didn't want to risk losing her, so they suspended him.
July 30, 201412 yr Stephen A. calls out things/people he disagrees with all the time on Twitter. But that's okay I guess?
July 30, 201412 yr Disagree. His comments made sense to most. He was very clear on his stance on what Rice did. He also pointed out that the other party was culpable. That's offensive? So why the need to suspend?
July 30, 201412 yr Disagree. His comments made sense to most. He was very clear on his stance on what Rice did. He also pointed out that the other party was culpable. That's offensive? He victim blamed. You can't do that. As someone else mentioned, that's like saying the chick was asking for it by wearing a short skirt or revealing top.
July 30, 201412 yr I know you're retired, but would you have apologized for something you didn't feel you needed to apologize for if it meant the difference between keeping and losing your job? If you call working 365 days a year retired then yes I am retired. As to your question, if it is a normal guy/gal then sure, you have to apologize. However, I assume Smith is worth millions, we was RIGHT, and if I were him I would have stood up to ESPN and made them fire me. At some point ESPN would have caved. And if they didn't, Smith would find plenty of work elsewhere. As to Beadle, she sounds like an arrogant, spoiled, teenage girl. I watched her sometimes because she is a big WWE fan and her show was okay but I don't know that I will ever watch her do anything again. Completely insubordinate and she should be punished but again chicken you know politically correct ESPN won't touch her with a ten foot pole.
July 30, 201412 yr If you call working 365 days a year retired then yes I am retired. As to your question, if it is a normal guy/gal then sure, you have to apologize. However, I assume Smith is worth millions, we was RIGHT, and if I were him I would have stood up to ESPN and made them fire me. At some point ESPN would have caved. And if they didn't, Smith would find plenty of work elsewhere. As to Beadle, she sounds like an arrogant, spoiled, teenage girl. I watched her sometimes because she is a big WWE fan and her show was okay but I don't know that I will ever watch her do anything again. Completely insubordinate and she should be punished but again chicken you know politically correct ESPN won't touch her with a ten foot pole. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
July 30, 201412 yr So why the need to suspend? Easier than trying to explain what Stephen A actually said.
July 30, 201412 yr He victim blamed. You can't do that. As someone else mentioned, that's like saying the chick was asking for it by wearing a short skirt or revealing top. Anyone that thinks what Stephen A said equates to "she deserved to be raped because of her short skirt" is a simpleton and incapable of actual intelligent thought. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDzWvHhgTrY#t=118 He was very clear. It is UNACCEPTABLE to EVER hit a woman. EVER. He also said that females SOMETIMES have a role in the incident. What is offensive about what he actually said? IMO he is simply guilty of trying to add another layer to the debate for a society that is incapable or unwilling to consider anything past the obvious.
July 30, 201412 yr If you call working 365 days a year retired then yes I am retired. As to your question, if it is a normal guy/gal then sure, you have to apologize. However, I assume Smith is worth millions, we was RIGHT, and if I were him I would have stood up to ESPN and made them fire me. At some point ESPN would have caved. And if they didn't, Smith would find plenty of work elsewhere. As to Beadle, she sounds like an arrogant, spoiled, teenage girl. I watched her sometimes because she is a big WWE fan and her show was okay but I don't know that I will ever watch her do anything again. Completely insubordinate and she should be punished but again chicken you know politically correct ESPN won't touch her with a ten foot pole. Didn't know you had jumped back into the work force or are you talking about the work you put into this site? To be honest with you I don't know what Smith is worth. Where does his fame come from before ESPN? Not sure how you get she was insubordinate though. As I stated earlier I'm sure ESPN encourages their employees to tweet about controversial subjects to increase viewership. All of this could have been staged.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.