Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith

Featured Replies

Honestly it may have not been fair for me to say that's why most people are upset. I'll say he should have phrased himself differently, but with hive mind social media, this was always going to blow up.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Know he didn't. If that is what you took from his comments you weren't listening.

 

Agreed. I think his point is clear and not offensive at all but in this day and age of political correctness some things are better left unsaid.

I should have been more clear. I don't believe for a second that you believe that he is a "she deserved it" kind of thinker, thus, the "simpleton" comment wasn't aimed at you.

 

Correct. My point is, you can't say it's never okay for a guy to lay his hands on a woman, then in the same breath seemingly offer rationale as to why he did it.

 

To me, he's saying, "It's never okay to hit a women, but if she wouldn't have provoked him none of this would've happened.

 

You can't make a definitive statement, and follow it up with a "But...."

 

Is what he said wrong, probably not. Still you can't say it, because it comes across as victim blaming.

Agreed. I think his point is clear and not offensive at all but in this day and age of political correctness some things are better left unsaid.

 

And that's a huge shame. If we can't discuss sensitive subjects like this with an open mind and intellect then we will never progress.

Correct. My point is, you can't say it's never okay for a guy to lay his hands on a woman, then in the same breath seemingly offer rationale as to why he did it.

 

To me, he's saying, "It's never okay to hit a women, but if she wouldn't have provoked him none of this would've happened.

 

You can't make a definitive statement, and follow it up with a "But...."

 

Is what he said wrong, probably not. Still you can't say it, because it comes across as victim blaming.

 

We tell people all of the time to not put themselves in a situation that is known to lead to problems. That's what he said.

 

We are getting hung up on individual words and are parsing. His point was clear.

Agreed. I think his point is clear and not offensive at all but in this day and age of political correctness some things are better left unsaid.

 

And that's exactly why I stay out of the P&R forums, and this forum for the most part. I offended Clyde one time by something I typed, and it wasn't something I ever wanted to do, but I had a hard time trying to clearly express my thoughts.

And that's exactly why I stay out of the P&R forums, and this forum for the most part. I offended Clyde one time by something I typed, and it wasn't something I ever wanted to do, but I had a hard time trying to clearly express my thoughts.

 

I can't imagine I was actually offended. Doesn't ring a bell.

I can't imagine I was actually offended. Doesn't ring a bell.

I don't exactly remember what it was, but it was definitely a very controversial subject along the lines of abortion, homosexuality, and your Catholic beliefs.

I don't exactly remember what it was, but it was definitely a very controversial subject along the lines of abortion, homosexuality, and your Catholic beliefs.

 

Gotcha. It obviously didn't stick with me.

Gotcha. It obviously didn't stick with me.

 

Good. :)

For those that think ESPN want their stirs stirring things up remember that ESPN's Bill Simmons was suspended for criticizing the First Take show.

For those that think ESPN want their stirs stirring things up remember that ESPN's Bill Simmons was suspended for criticizing the First Take show.

 

There's a difference in sparking controversy and slamming one of your network's shows.

There's a difference in sparking controversy and slamming one of your network's shows.

 

Not in regards to ESPN. The person IS the show.

This argument reminds me of those jerky commercials where the guys are always messing with Sasquatch.

 

Don't go looking for trouble unless you truly want trouble. Hitting a man, throwing a drink in his face, kicking him in his privates - all examples of provoking someone. A stronger man would probably walk away but there are always factors involved such as how much he has had to drink.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.