Shooting in Dry Ridge (Mt Zion Area)

plantmanky

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot tell you how sad and angry this makes me.

Sometimes---can certain paperwork items go to the very top of the pile and get priority? Even if maybe someone had to stay at work a little later to make it happen?

She filed paperwork at 3pm on Monday with the Sheriff. But it was too late for anyone to sign it?

Meanwhile, we have police officers coming to our neighborhood pond almost daily to check on fishing licenses?

I cannot tell you how sad and angry this makes me.

Sometimes---can certain paperwork items go to the very top of the pile and get priority? Even if maybe someone had to stay at work a little later to make it happen?

In this county EPO's are either signed by the judge at the time of application during regular hours or the judge approves them over the phone after hours. But alas an order on a piece of paper won't always stop something like this.

I would never hesitate to file one if needed but I wouldn't rely on it entirely. If you fear for your life enough to file an order, you should be learning how to handle a gun and have one ready just in case. The police can't be there 24/7.

In this county EPO's are either signed by the judge at the time of application during regular hours or the judge approves them over the phone after hours. But alas an order on a piece of paper won't always stop something like this.

But maybe, just maybe an initial warning could have gone out. And maybe, it could have been a deterrent to the husband.

A scared woman goes to the police and asks for help. They tell her they will help her tomorrow, after it is signed. Now she is dead.

It does actually scare a lot off, but there is no way to quantify that number.

In this case it would have had no effect though. Anyone intent on murder/suicide is not worried about a piece of paper. The ones less over the edge may be stopped though. Horrible situation.