Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona execution lasts nearly 2 hours

Featured Replies

I don't agree with it, but I don't feel the least bit of sympathy. Seems like it was God's will

 

So anything that happens is God's will?

  • Replies 181
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So anything that happens is God's will?

 

Pretty big stretch there wouldn't you say?

On the same note, not too many murderers who spent life in prison murdered again either.

 

Prison murders happen all the time.

as a R Ph I dont see how they screw up killing a person. Straight Iv Kcl ( potassium ) should do the trick every time . The heart cant take it . Have plenty on hand . dont assume 1 dose fits all. Sedative the person with whatever dose is needed no matter how high . Then bolus the Kcl . Should end it peacefully .

would love to know just what they gave him , and if he were actually unconscious during the gasps .

Honestly, if someone got convicted today and executed tomorrow, what would the true cost be? Total $.

 

Another direction......how long did it take to kill McVeigh? Sp. Why was his done so swiftly? Was his execution the swiftest ever? No appeals maybe?? Can't recall.

 

Not sure on "immediate execution costs"...I would guess there is extremely little data in that because the appeal process essentially always takes place.

 

As for McVeigh, he was executed in June 2001, six years after the bombing and about five years after his conviction. He was one of relatively few federally prosecuted death row inmates, and thus started out in the federal court system rather than having to appeal his way through the state courts and into the federal system. And TB&G is correct - he had very few (if any?) appeals to his initial conviction.

I become more and more against the death penalty every single day.

 

A wrong for a wrong isn't okay with me. And I also worry about the innocent who are imprisoned. We have a flawed justice system, albeit much better and further ahead than most.

 

I'm of the belief that spending life in a prison cell would be much more of a punishment than death anyway.

Prison murders happen all the time.

 

True. The death penalty doesn't really eliminate that since death row inmates are on death row for so long and have nothing to lose anymore should they decide to kill a few guards in a desperate escape. So they got shot during the attempt, no real loss, just sped up the ultimate result.

True. The death penalty doesn't really eliminate that since death row inmates are on death row for so long and have nothing to lose anymore should they decide to kill a few guards in a desperate escape. So they got shot during the attempt, no real loss, just sped up the ultimate result.

 

I don't think Death Row inmates are housed in Gen Pop (I watched Oz :D)

Not sure on "immediate execution costs"...I would guess there is extremely little data in that because the appeal process essentially always takes place.

 

As for McVeigh, he was executed in June 2001, six years after the bombing and about five years after his conviction. He was one of relatively few federally prosecuted death row inmates, and thus started out in the federal court system rather than having to appeal his way through the state courts and into the federal system. And TB&G is correct - he had very few (if any?) appeals to his initial conviction.

I thought there was an automatic appeal in DP convictions or am I just making that up?
I thought there was an automatic appeal in DP convictions or am I just making that up?

 

The direct appeal is an automatic appeal given to everyone sentenced to death.

McVeigh ended his appeal of his own accord.

 

From the NYT archives:

'I do not wish to pursue any further appeals in this case,'' Mr. McVeigh, who is 32 years old, told the judge, Richard P. Matsch of Federal District Court in Denver, in an affidavit filed on Monday. ''This decision to forgo appeal is done against the advice of my lawyers.''

If someone kills a loved one of mine in cold blood, I want them to get the death penalty. If that makes me a horrible person in the eyes of some of you, so be it.

If someone kills a loved one of mine in cold blood, I want them to get the death penalty. If that makes me a horrible person in the eyes of some of you, so be it.

 

That's why we don't let the family members decide if and how someone is punished.

That's why we don't let the family members decide if and how someone is punished.
Well duh. :lol2:

 

Believe me, if it were up to me if someone killed a loved one of mine, what happened with this 2 hour botched execution would be a picnic.

First, let me say I'm against the death penalty for several reasons that I won't go into. Having said that, my question is how hard can it be to kill somebody?!?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.