Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona execution lasts nearly 2 hours

Featured Replies

 

Rockmom rocking the Scripture references!

 

12 years of Catholic school gives one skills. :lol:

  • Replies 181
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some posters over the years have said that if there is a conflict between what the Bible says and what man's law says they will side with the Bible.

 

Does the Bible advocate long, agonizing, inhumane deaths for sinners?

 

Even if it was my family member killed IN NO WAY would I want this to happen and I for damn sure wouldn't stand around to watch.

Some posters over the years have said that if there is a conflict between what the Bible says and what man's law says they will side with the Bible.

 

Does the Bible advocate long, agonizing, inhumane deaths for sinners?

 

Even if it was my family member killed IN NO WAY would I want this to happen and I for damn sure wouldn't stand around to watch.

 

I wouldn't advocate for long agonizing death either...but honestly if someone murdered my wife or kids I can't say that it would bother me either.

I wouldn't advocate for long agonizing death either...but honestly if someone murdered my wife or kids I can't say that it would bother me either.

 

IMO we can't be barbarians like the criminals.

IMO we can't be barbarians like the criminals.

I agree, but if that happened unintentionally as in this case, to someone that killed my family it would not bother me.

I agree, but if that happened unintentionally as in this case, to someone that killed my family it would not bother me.

 

*raises hand*

 

Me too.

Honestly, if someone got convicted today and executed tomorrow, what would the true cost be? Total $.

 

Another direction......how long did it take to kill McVeigh? Sp. Why was his done so swiftly? Was his execution the swiftest ever? No appeals maybe?? Can't recall.

Some posters over the years have said that if there is a conflict between what the Bible says and what man's law says they will side with the Bible.

 

Does the Bible advocate long, agonizing, inhumane deaths for sinners?

 

Even if it was my family member killed IN NO WAY would I want this to happen and I for damn sure wouldn't stand around to watch.

 

Stoning?

Let's remove religion and replace it with philosophy. We cannot call ourselves a "civilized" society if we allow barbaric practices, even against the least desirable element. We talk about the downward spiral of American society, yet we want to condone, or are at least apathetic toward, cruelty.

 

We hold societies that use barbaric practices in contempt, and we publicly state the American way as the "best" way. But are we any better? How many times have posters expressed a fear of America being overtaken by Sharia law, yet we have people who support not only the death penalty, but feel no concern that it can be cruel in it's application, and can result in innocent lives being taken.

Still doesn't remove the gore aspect of it.
I'm sure many would be okay with that.
Honestly, if someone got convicted today and executed tomorrow, what would the true cost be? Total $.

 

Another direction......how long did it take to kill McVeigh? Sp. Why was his done so swiftly? Was his execution the swiftest ever? No appeals maybe?? Can't recall.

Very few appeals.

*raises hand*

 

Me too.

ditto

I don't think anyone on here is advocating an execution like this one.

I have zero sympathy. I hope it was the most painful 2 hours of his life.

But that is not how we do things, it's against our laws.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.