Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Think You Could Hit A MLB Knuckler?

Featured Replies

I've read that a lot of hitters just time up the pitch and swing really hard if it starts out in the zone so that when they connect it's a hit. There's not really an effective way to hit a good knuckleball, you have to catch a mistake or just run into one.

Most guys sit in the front of the box waiting on a late breaker.

I'd like to think I could hit it if given a few chances which probably tells me I wouldn't come close to hitting it.

The thing with Dickey is that he throws his knuckleball in the upper 70's. Most knuckleballers are upper 60's low 70's. It's just too damn unpredictable.

I'd go yard.

 

"He deliberately ducked into the pitch, allowing it to hit him in the small of the back. He went to the ground. He made no move to first base... instead... Randy lay there like a slug."

I thought it was a rite of passage in KY to learn how to throw a knuckleball at a very early age. I can still chuck a nasty one at my advanced age.

 

:thumb:

 

I learned how to throw a knuckleball at a very early age, too. In fact, my best pitch growing up was an "imperfect" knuckleball that broke like a curveball. It was NASTY.

 

I still have a solid knuckleball.

I've read that a lot of hitters just time up the pitch and swing really hard if it starts out in the zone so that when they connect it's a hit. There's not really an effective way to hit a good knuckleball, you have to catch a mistake or just run into one.

 

If it's high, let it fly. If it's low, let it go.

"He deliberately ducked into the pitch, allowing it to hit him in the small of the back. He went to the ground. He made no move to first base... instead... Randy lay there like a slug."

 

:lol2::lol2:

My best friend on our high school baseball team years ago loved throwing knuckleballs and he could throw it well. Only problem was he was our third basemen and I played second. We'd take infield practice and when we attempted to turn double plays, he would throw his knuckeball at me. Of course I'd drop it, mostly because I could barely follow it, then I'd look like an idiot! Fortunately, he never did it during a game!

Highly doubtful, but for 5 million a year, I'd let it make me look like a fool 162 games a year.

I caught for a guy in high school that had a knuckle that was nastier than that... Almost impossible to catch.

I still think the split finger is the toughest pitch to hit.

Nasty pitch. I might be able to get some wood on it if I swung a boat oar at it.

Nasty pitch. I might be able to get some wood on it if I swung a boat oar at it.

 

 

I've heard you haven't gotten wood on anything in a long time.

I've heard you haven't gotten wood on anything in a long time.
They make a pill for that

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.