Conner 8 Cooper 7

Hellbird

Classic game from Hebron. Cooper had 3 errors in the first inning which allowed 4 unearned runs.

Dunn pitched a gem for Cooper pitching 6 innings and only allowing 2 hits. Blaze pitched a great game for Conner.

Conner up 4-2 with 2 outs in the last inning and Dunn crushes a 2 run double to tie the game. Jags add 3 more runs to go up 7-4 heading to the bottom of the 7th when Jags change pitchers. Lawhorn came in and had 2 outs when the wheels fell off. Conner makes a great comeback to win 8-7.

Great Win for the Cougars and a crushing blow to the Jags!

I do want to say this.....there are maybe a handful of umpires in this area that call the plate the way it should be called, no matter how hard someone is throwing. Roth and Arnsbarger are 2 that come to mind. There are maybe 3-4 max passed them and that is it. Some of these guys DO NOT need to be behind the plate because I really don't think they can pick up the speed of the baseball. It seems like the harder you throw up here, the more you are squeezed and the corners become non-existent. The reason I mention this is that puts pitch counts up and it becomes very hard to complete a game.

Not taking anything away from the Cougars AT ALL. They battled and did what they had to do to win the game. Kudo's to the Cougars!!!

Hellbird, you're right it was a great game. Well, it was a great 7th inning really.

And I'll strongly disagree about the plate umpire. I was behind the plate the entire game and when Dunn is trying to throw the back door curveball to lefties, Fussinger set up on the corner then had to reach and pull the pitches 4-5 inches to the corner. If I can see it I know the PU can see it. It happened to both catchers as Conner's pitcher was trying the corners and missing as well. So anyone who complains about it for either side is, very simply, wrong.

Neither pitcher was sharp today. Both struggled with fastball command the entire game.

It was a tight but consistent strike zone (except for one stretch bottom 4 to top 5) where some high pitches were called strikes. As I said before, the catchers were trying to pull pitches for strikes but the PU was having none of it.

The PU missed two check swings (one each team) which were obviously poor calls but he was excellent on the strike zone. The most consistent I've seen in a long time.

The last time I saw Dunn was at CovCath and he didn't look too good that day. This is the third time I've seen Ostertag and he was not as sharp as I've seen him in the past.

Both pitchers turned to their breaking pitches a lot and I want to give Dunn a lot of credit, his defense put him in a big hole and after over-throwing his fastball for a couple innings, he finally started throwing a hard breaking ball which he was able to throw in the strike zone. He kept his team in the game by fighting through the 2nd-6th innings allowing no more runs and I was really impressed. Ostertag also threw more breaking pitches as the game went on but was a bit less consistent than Dunn was through the middle innings.

Top 7 Cooper got a couple walks then Dunn smoked a double to tie the game at 4. A couple batters later Lawhorn singled to center for 2 more runs. After a balk gave Cooper yet another run, they went to the bottom of the 7th up 7-4 looking to finish off a great comeback.

Bottom 7 for Conner, Ross got a 1 out double down the left field line. With 2 out, Williams lined one to center to plate Ross. Then Hart homered to right to tie it up. The momentum was with Conner at that point and after a single and double, Conner got a ground ball single down the 3rd base line for the walk off win.

Good game by both teams.

Hellbird, you're right it was a great game. Well, it was a great 7th inning really.

And I'll strongly disagree about the plate umpire. I was behind the plate the entire game and when Dunn is trying to throw the back door curveball to lefties, Fussinger set up on the corner then had to reach and pull the pitches 4-5 inches to the corner. If I can see it I know the PU can see it. It happened to both catchers as Conner's pitcher was trying the corners and missing as well. So anyone who complains about it for either side is, very simply, wrong.

Neither pitcher was sharp today. Both struggled with fastball command the entire game.

It was a tight but consistent strike zone (except for one stretch bottom 4 to top 5) where some high pitches were called strikes. As I said before, the catchers were trying to pull pitches for strikes but the PU was having none of it.

The PU missed two check swings (one each team) which were obviously poor calls but he was excellent on the strike zone. The most consistent I've seen in a long time.

The last time I saw Dunn was at CovCath and he didn't look too good that day. This is the third time I've seen Ostertag and he was not as sharp as I've seen him in the past.

Both pitchers turned to their breaking pitches a lot and I want to give Dunn a lot of credit, his defense put him in a big hole and after over-throwing his fastball for a couple innings, he finally started throwing a hard breaking ball which he was able to throw in the strike zone. He kept his team in the game by fighting through the 2nd-6th innings allowing no more runs and I was really impressed. Ostertag also threw more breaking pitches as the game went on but was a bit less consistent than Dunn was through the middle innings.

Top 7 Cooper got a couple walks then Dunn smoked a double to tie the game at 4. A couple batters later Lawhorn singled to center for 2 more runs. After a balk gave Cooper yet another run, they went to the bottom of the 7th up 7-4 looking to finish off a great comeback.

Bottom 7 for Conner, Ross got a 1 out double down the left field line. With 2 out, Williams lined one to center to plate Ross. Then Hart homered to right to tie it up. The momentum was with Conner at that point and after a single and double, Conner got a ground ball single down the 3rd base line for the walk off win.

Good game by both teams.

It was a very exciting game. I will disagree with the PU though, he wasn't very good and it was for both teams. He also botched the called 3rd out he called when the Conner catcher dropped a pop up yet he called him out. If that was an out then so was the 1st inning drop by coopers 1st baseman that would of been the 3rd out. Both were the same and both were drops. The Cooper one would have gotten them out of the 1st without giving up a single run. Instead 4 runs scored that inning after that error.

It was a very exciting game. I will disagree with the PU though, he wasn't very good and it was for both teams. He also botched the called 3rd out he called when the Conner catcher dropped a pop up yet he called him out. If that was an out then so was the 1st inning drop by coopers 1st baseman that would of been the 3rd out. Both were the same and both were drops. The Cooper one would have gotten them out of the 1st without giving up a single run. Instead 4 runs scored that inning after that error.

There's no way the Cooper drop by the 1B should have been called an out. Nor should the one that was dropped by the RF, both of which occurred in the first inning and led to 4 unearned runs for Conner. I did not see the ball that was dropped by the Conner catcher so it wouldn't be fair for me to make a comparison between the two.

Very exciting finish to the game. The ball Dunn hit was a laser that hit the yellow tubing on the fence in right center, so it just missed going out by literally a few inches. The ball Hart hit was a bomb out to RF. Congrats to Dillon Lockstead who drove in the winning run with a hard hit ball down the third base line that was just out of reach of the third baseman, who did get a glove on it but was clearly a hit.

There's no way the Cooper drop by the 1B should have been called an out. Nor should the one that was dropped by the RF, both of which occurred in the first inning and led to 4 unearned runs for Conner. I did not see the ball that was dropped by the Conner catcher so it wouldn't be fair for me to make a comparison between the two.

Very exciting finish to the game. The ball Dunn hit was a laser that hit the yellow tubing on the fence in right center, so it just missed going out by literally a few inches. The ball Hart hit was a bomb out to RF. Congrats to Dillon Lockstead who drove in the winning run with a hard hit ball down the third base line that was just out of reach of the third baseman, who did get a glove on it but was clearly a hit.

I agree with you about the dropped balls 100%, the point that was being made was the 1st baseman drop was just like the catcher drop. that was the point being made to show how ridiculous it was the PU called it an out.

It was a great game, or at least a great 7th inning. Very exciting.

Hja I think this is how it stands right now.

Boone 1-0

Conner 1-0

Cooper 0-2

Ryle 0-0

If someone knows different you are more than happy to update.

I think Conner beat Ryle a week or so ago.I'm not sure if it was a district seeding game though.

Hja I think this is how it stands right now.

Boone 1-0

Conner 1-0

Cooper 0-2

Ryle 0-0

If someone knows different you are more than happy to update.

I think Conner beat Ryle a week or so ago.I'm not sure if it was a district seeding game though.

Correct.

Conner 2-0

Boone 1-0

Ryle 0-1

Cooper 0-2

The 33rd in baseball is the same as the 33rd in basketball last season.

Seeding for the tourney is irrelevant.

I agree. I think Conner, Boone and Cooper can beat eachother on any given day. IT does make for some great games though.