Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

King Rex on Dan Patrick Show

Featured Replies

I've never seen a color analyst break a news story. Ever.

 

And this isn't a breaking news story. This is a color analyst saying what he heard. Big difference.

 

So Rex doesn't benefit from having his name out there?

 

Ever heard of the old saying: Any press is good press?

 

Why was Howard Cosell so outspoken? Because he knew it kept him out there. BTW he broke the Muhammed Ali from Cassius Clay story if I'm not mistaken.

 

Why does Dickie V do all his crazy diatribes? It keeps him out there.

 

Why does Cal tweet? It keeps him and his program out there.

 

Who was paying attention to Rex until this weekend?

 

Exactly.

 

It's just that simple my friend.

  • Replies 171
  • Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay. We agree to disagree. :lol2:

 

Grand Canyon University is DI now. Just like NKU.

 

He did DI NCAA tournament games in 2013 and 2014. In 2013 he was alongside Seth Davis, Steve Smith and Matt Winer. In 2014 he was longside Rob Bromley on TNT.

 

I think he knows the necessary people to go for the job he so desparately seeks by tweeting out what he heard on a Monday night to his 45K followers. :lol2:

 

 

How many games are in the first round of the NCAA? Now you know why they are filled with so many different broadcasters.

 

The first major thing he's done needs to keep him in the eyes of public.

 

I've probably been on National TV as much as Rex in the last three years. (3 NASCAR moments :lol2:)

 

We just have two different takes on his motive. Which leads me to ask: Why do you think he tweeted it?

How many games are in the first round of the NCAA? Now you know why they are filled with so many different broadcasters.

 

The first major thing he's done needs to keep him in the eyes of public.

 

I've probably been on National TV as much as Rex in the last three years. (3 NASCAR moments :lol2:)

 

We just have two different takes on his motive. Which leads me to ask: Why do you think he tweeted it?

 

As a follower of Rex Chapman on twitter he sent the tweet out because he doesn't care. He tweets what pops on his mind at all times. As he said himself, there is a reason those people gave him that info but they knew what he would do with it. He has no filter at all. He cusses, he makes irreverent tweets, he's far from politically correct and he speaks his mind 24/7. I don't see this tweet as a motive for landing more work on tv. He can work other channels in other ways IMO if getting on tv is his wish. Hell, the guy he took a picture with at halftime and has known since 1985, World Wide Wes can probably get him that work if he really wants it. :lol2:

How many games are in the first round of the NCAA? Now you know why they are filled with so many different broadcasters.

 

The first major thing he's done needs to keep him in the eyes of public.

 

I've probably been on National TV as much as Rex in the last three years. (3 NASCAR moments :lol2:)

 

We just have two different takes on his motive. Which leads me to ask: Why do you think he tweeted it?

 

The First Four is 4 games isn't it? The four play-in games, right? Two of those games covered. National audience for both games.

 

And yes, there many first round games where all kinds of people who never cover games but have some experience are called to do the games. He's been asked the last 2 years to be one of those guys. I guess we'll see if his tweet gets him a promotion. :lol2:

You all must hang around' date=' or follow (on Twitter) some pretty pathetic individuals. I've not seen one nasty tweet, nor heard anyone say anything vulgar about Rex. I've seen people say they thought it was poor timing, but other than that, I've seen nothing.[/quote']

 

Look up his mentions.

:lol2:

 

PR disaster. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Disaster may be a bit strong but even the guys on the Dan Patrick show were making fun of him yesterday. He comes across as an idiot.

Look up his mentions.

 

That's right behind stabbing myself in the eye with an ice pick on my "to-do" list.

 

It boggles my mind why anyone would go out of their way to look up "mentions" of someone on Twitter.

I know it affects the emotion of it. IMO it shouldn't. But we all know that BBN is an emotional nation.

 

So if _____(insert former UCONN player here) had tweeted that Ollie was leaving right before the game there wouldn't be a segment of UCONN fans that would be upset about the timing? Whether BBN is more emotional then other fan bases is up for discussion but to think this only applies to BBN is ridiculous.

Unless I'm missing my mark I have felt that Rex jumped on it to prove his Sports Journalism savy. Saturday was the first time I've heard him do a game in forever on a Network scale. This tweet rolls the dice and if it becomes true he has a huge chip in the Sports Broadcasting field. It makes him relevant for the first time in a long time.

 

I'm not begrudging him doing it, just answering your question as to why I think he benefits from this. :thumb:

 

Agree with everything. I felt from the beginning that this was an attention grab, but he didn't do anything wrong. Now, because he's a UK player (and one of the most beloved UK players at that), his timing was pretty poor.

Didn't a similar situation happen with Les Miles and Michigan a few years back? Maybe as someone stated before, this keeps Cal at UK!

Rex said on KSR this morning that he didn't realize the reaction it would cause and if he had it to do over again he would probably not do it before the game. If that was his initial reaction I would have had no issue with it.

 

That's enough for me, he seems to realize it was a mistake and we all make them.

“If there was any time I thought I would have been taking something away from them, I wouldn’t have done it.”

 

Fair enough

 

Rex said it simply “didn’t occur” to him that the tweet would get the attention it did, and just thought people would want to know what he had heard. ”It just didn’t occur to me. People talked about how they were upset. Hell, I was upset. It upset me. I don’t want him to leave,”

 

I just don't understand why he wrote the blog he wrote yesterday. Basically lashing back at those who were upset. Anyway, as a human being I believe you forgive and move on.

So if _____(insert former UCONN player here) had tweeted that Ollie was leaving right before the game there wouldn't be a segment of UCONN fans that would be upset about the timing? Whether BBN is more emotional then other fan bases is up for discussion but to think this only applies to BBN is ridiculous.

 

I can't speak on UConn's fan base. BBN gets made fun of nationally.

That's right behind stabbing myself in the eye with an ice pick on my "to-do" list. It boggles my mind why anyone would go out of their way to look up "mentions" of someone on Twitter.

 

Then don't say you didnt see any bad tweets to him unless your goal is to pat those you follow on the back.

 

The debate centers around irrational responses. Evidence is easy to find.

  • Author
“If there was any time I thought I would have been taking something away from them, I wouldn’t have done it.”

 

Fair enough

 

Rex said it simply “didn’t occur” to him that the tweet would get the attention it did, and just thought people would want to know what he had heard. ”It just didn’t occur to me. People talked about how they were upset. Hell, I was upset. It upset me. I don’t want him to leave,”

 

I just don't understand why he wrote the blog he wrote yesterday. Basically lashing back at those who were upset. Anyway, as a human being I believe you forgive and move on.

 

Well I'm sure Rex can go on living now that he knows you have forgiven him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.