April 9, 201412 yr I've been trying to stay out of this one, but I just thought this was interesting: "With that said, I trust the people who gave me the information about Cal last night. Whether it’s real or whether they wanted it “out there” for some other reason – leverage, etc. – I couldn’t tell you at this point. Time will tell. But bet your bottom-dollar … the info was given to me for a reason." As I said before, I'm not sure I would have released the info at the time like Rex did but I don't blame him, nor am I mad at him either.
April 9, 201412 yr I like this part... "Because I am a white, home grown, Kentucky-born and bred dude – an ugly, ignorant, selfish minority of BBN has wanted me to be what they want me to be for as long as I can remember. Do I resent ‘em? Honestly – probably a little. But much more than that, at this age, I laugh at them. What are you gonna do? I’ve never been in trouble. Have always represented my school, NBA teams, family and friends with integrity – and last night was compared to a former UK’er who’s currently serving time. And that’s the most mild example. Yet, this minority always wants more from me. The only problem with BBN is that the lunatic fringe don’t know they’re the lunatic-fringe. Everybody’s a tough guy on Twitter. It’s like the guy who flips you off in his car and quickly speeds away, but then won’t meet your gaze when you pull-up alongside him and roll down your window at the next stop-light."
April 9, 201412 yr I've been trying to stay out of this one, but I just thought this was interesting: "With that said, I trust the people who gave me the information about Cal last night. Whether it’s real or whether they wanted it “out there” for some other reason – leverage, etc. – I couldn’t tell you at this point. Time will tell. But bet your bottom-dollar … the info was given to me for a reason." As I said before, I'm not sure I would have released the info at the time like Rex did but I don't blame him, nor am I mad at him either. Rex can do what he wants and it's clear that he does. With that said, why not wait until right after the title game? Or the following morning? I'm just not sure what the point of saying it an hour before the game was. Did they affect leverage somehow so that win or lose Cal could get his deal sweetened? I don't know, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Hearing Calipari connected with other jobs happens every year so that didn't bother me, just the timing of it all.
April 9, 201412 yr Rex doesn't owe Barnhart crap. If anything if this info is true he's giving Barnhart a heads up. And I owe Chapman nothing so if I choose to not follow him on twitter then I'm unreasonable, how? My point is that it not just the vocal minority. People in the administration, the Lakers head coach, and to my understand Cal are all pissed about his timing. People are going to be looking real stupid IF Calipari ends up in LA. And I'll laugh at all of them. Just like Rex you are missing the point. It's not about being correct or incorrect it's his timing. Maybe he did realize his timing was poor but after listening to him and reading what he has written he knew exactly what he was doing. How is it selfish? Let me guess "if you had cancer wouldn't you want to know?" That was Chapman's response to the criticism. And for the record Chapman wasn't the first to break the news he is the only person to report the news. And people hate him now. That's just so sad and pathetic on so many levels. I don't hate him or anyone else but I have made the choice to not subject myself to his tweets or give him any attention. How is that wrong? Is their anyone in the world you don't like to associate with? If so is that sad?
April 9, 201412 yr Rex can do what he wants and it's clear that he does. With that said, why not wait until right after the title game? Or the following morning? I'm just not sure what the point of saying it an hour before the game was. Did they affect leverage somehow so that win or lose Cal could get his deal sweetened? I don't know, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Hearing Calipari connected with other jobs happens every year so that didn't bother me, just the timing of it all. The timing of it wouldn't affect the emotion of it. The timing means nothing. Who was thinking about it during the game and if so why would you let that bother you during the game? How is that any different than someone in the know saying they heard the Harrison twins were going pro before the game? Why is the timing an issue?
April 9, 201412 yr As I've said, it was bad timing. If he would have said it right after the game, people still would be calling for his head. "He's pouring salt in the wound!" "Why would he tweet that right now after we just lost in the National Championship?" As Rex said, you can't reason with the unreasonable. The only option for him (in BBN's eyes) was to keep his mouth shut, and who are you guys (people ticked off about it) to tell him how/what to say?
April 9, 201412 yr I like this part... "Because I am a white, home grown, Kentucky-born and bred dude – an ugly, ignorant, selfish minority of BBN has wanted me to be what they want me to be for as long as I can remember. Do I resent ‘em? Honestly – probably a little. But much more than that, at this age, I laugh at them. What are you gonna do? I’ve never been in trouble. Have always represented my school, NBA teams, family and friends with integrity – and last night was compared to a former UK’er who’s currently serving time. And that’s the most mild example. Yet, this minority always wants more from me. The only problem with BBN is that the lunatic fringe don’t know they’re the lunatic-fringe. Everybody’s a tough guy on Twitter. It’s like the guy who flips you off in his car and quickly speeds away, but then won’t meet your gaze when you pull-up alongside him and roll down your window at the next stop-light." I like the "at least I'm not in prision" defense. Setting the bar fairly low don't you think.
April 9, 201412 yr I like the "at least I'm not in prision" defense. Setting the bar fairly low don't you think. He might as well be in prison with the way people are acting... It's really not that serious.
April 9, 201412 yr As I've said, it was bad timing. If he would have said it right after the game, people still would be calling for his head. "He's pouring salt in the wound!" "Why would he tweet that right now after we just lost in the National Championship?" As Rex said, you can't reason with the unreasonable. The only option for him (in BBN's eyes) was to keep his mouth shut, and who are you guys (people ticked off about it) to tell him how/what to say? Rex has made plenty of inflamatory comments during the season, criticizing the players and Cal on twitter and never received the back lash he is receiving now. As he wrote he is bitter towards part of the fan base but at least he isn't in prision. That's his criteria for dignity.
April 9, 201412 yr The timing of it wouldn't affect the emotion of it. The timing means nothing. Who was thinking about it during the game and if so why would you let that bother you during the game? How is that any different than someone in the know saying they heard the Harrison twins were going pro before the game? Why is the timing an issue? I just didn't understand it. I can pretty much guarantee people would not be nearly upset if he just waited until after the game. For the record, I thought the timing was dumb, but I didn't let it bother me. He knew how the BBN would react and knowing they were getting ready to enjoy their title game and dropping that kind of bomb he was going to get a big reaction. Imagine (if I recall you're a Duke fan) Jay Williams saying Coach K was leaving one hour before the game. I imagine the reaction from the Duke fan base would be similar. Just let everyone enjoy the game and wait until after. If the timing doesn't matter, then neither would sitting on the info for a couple more hours.
April 9, 201412 yr Author Rex has made plenty of inflamatory comments during the season, criticizing the players and Cal on twitter and never received the back lash he is receiving now. As he wrote he is bitter towards part of the fan base but at least he isn't in prision. That's his criteria for dignity. You mean like a lot of people have done on BGP throughout the season.
April 9, 201412 yr I just didn't understand it. I can pretty much guarantee people would not be nearly upset if he just waited until after the game. For the record, I thought the timing was dumb, but I didn't let it bother me. He knew how the BBN would react and knowing they were getting ready to enjoy their title game and dropping that kind of bomb he was going to get a big reaction. Imagine (if I recall you're a Duke fan) Jay Williams saying Coach K was leaving one hour before the game. I imagine the reaction from the Duke fan base would be similar. Just let everyone enjoy the game and wait until after. If the timing doesn't matter, then neither would sitting on the info for a couple more hours. I was getting ready to say that if Jay Williams or Jay Bilas said something like that Duke people wouldn't treat either Jay the way BBN treated Rex and. I guarantee it. I don't care what time they said it.
April 9, 201412 yr You all must hang around, or follow (on Twitter) some pretty pathetic individuals. I've not seen one nasty tweet, nor heard anyone say anything vulgar about Rex. I've seen people say they thought it was poor timing, but other than that, I've seen nothing.
April 9, 201412 yr I was getting ready to say that if Jay Williams or Jay Bilas said something like that Duke people wouldn't treat either Jay the way BBN treated Rex and. I guarantee it. I don't care what time they said it. Note I said similar because I think it's apparent UK has the most fans who freak out over everything. I really don't think they'd get a good reaction and would get plenty of hate for it. There's a lot of keyboard bullies out there you just don't realize how many until it's your team involved with something.
April 9, 201412 yr You all must hang around, or follow (on Twitter) some pretty pathetic individuals. I've not seen one nasty tweet, nor heard anyone say anything vulgar about Rex. I've seen people say they thought it was poor timing, but other than that, I've seen nothing. I honestly don't follow a single person who has said anything bad about Rex. He kept retweeting bad stuff UK fans were saying to him, that's how I know.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.