Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

King Rex on Dan Patrick Show

Featured Replies

  • Author
You all must hang around, or follow (on Twitter) some pretty pathetic individuals. I've not seen one nasty tweet, nor heard anyone say anything vulgar about Rex.

 

I've seen people say they thought it was poor timing, but other than that, I've seen nothing.

I don't know anyone nor have I seen anyone that has called him anything nasty or vulgar, but he was called " a loser" just a few post ago.
  • Replies 171
  • Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't it be self-serving regardless of when he broke it if no one else was breaking it? It's going to be a story no matter when it's tweeted.

 

I would also ask how he benefits from this?

 

Unless I'm missing my mark I have felt that Rex jumped on it to prove his Sports Journalism savy. Saturday was the first time I've heard him do a game in forever on a Network scale. This tweet rolls the dice and if it becomes true he has a huge chip in the Sports Broadcasting field. It makes him relevant for the first time in a long time.

 

I'm not begrudging him doing it, just answering your question as to why I think he benefits from this. :thumb:

And I owe Chapman nothing so if I choose to not follow him on twitter then I'm unreasonable, how? My point is that it not just the vocal minority. People in the administration, the Lakers head coach, and to my understand Cal are all pissed about his timing.

 

 

 

Just like Rex you are missing the point. It's not about being correct or incorrect it's his timing. Maybe he did realize his timing was poor but after listening to him and reading what he has written he knew exactly what he was doing.

 

 

 

Let me guess "if you had cancer wouldn't you want to know?" That was Chapman's response to the criticism. And for the record Chapman wasn't the first to break the news he is the only person to report the news.

 

 

 

I don't hate him or anyone else but I have made the choice to not subject myself to his tweets or give him any attention. How is that wrong? Is their anyone in the world you don't like to associate with? If so is that sad?

 

If there is no truth to his words then why are the administration, Cal and the Lakers pissed about the timing?

 

I just find it hilarious the uproar over his tweet. We all knew this would happen though. And it's funny

Edited by PurplePride92

Unless I'm missing my mark I have felt that Rex jumped on it to prove his Sports Journalism savy. Saturday was the first time I've heard him do a game in forever on a Network scale. This tweet rolls the dice and if it becomes true he has a huge chip in the Sports Broadcasting field. It makes him relevant for the first time in a long time.

 

I'm not begrudging him doing it, just answering your question as to why I think he benefits from this. :thumb:

 

 

If he wanted to be a reporter like Chris Broussard then I'd be with you. He's currently a color analyst according to his Wikipedia page for a college out in Arizona that is transitioning from DII to DI. Color analysts don't break news stories, they cover games and privide insight on the floor during the game. I don't see how this tweet will help him get work as a color analyst.

 

If he wasn't relevant we woudn't be having this discussion right now. I doubt if Aminu Timberlake said the same thing anyone would care.

The timing of it wouldn't affect the emotion of it. The timing means nothing. Who was thinking about it during the game and if so why would you let that bother you during the game? How is that any different than someone in the know saying they heard the Harrison twins were going pro before the game? Why is the timing an issue?

 

Absolutely it affects the emotion of it. If Rex waited until Tuesday morning to say this he gets little to no backlash. The Harrison example is not apples to apples. Most expect the Harrisons to leave.

Yes. He has a website. It was never mentioned at all. Read the link in post #47.

 

Of course, it links to his website. :lol2:

 

I'm not saying he did this for attention, don't know why he did this to be honest, at least why he did it when he did it. But let's not act like this hasn't benefited him in regards to exposure. Again, not saying that was or wasn't his intent. Not to mention if this is true he gets credibility for being the first to break a big time story. Can't be too bad for a color analyst for little sisters of the poor.

If he wanted to be a reporter like Chris Broussard then I'd be with you. He's currently a color analyst according to his Wikipedia page for a college out in Arizona that is transitioning from DII to DI. Color analysts don't break news stories, they cover games and privide insight on the floor during the game. I don't see how this tweet will help him get work as a color analyst.

 

If he wasn't relevant we woudn't be having this discussion right now. I doubt if Aminu Timberlake said the same thing anyone would care.

 

Agree to disagree. Rex wants to be relevant in sports at any level. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm explaining the motivation of him running with whatever info he collected. It is self serving. Which isn't a bad thing in that career.

Absolutely it affects the emotion of it. If Rex waited until Tuesday morning to say this he gets little to no backlash. The Harrison example is not apples to apples. Most expect the Harrisons to leave.

 

I know it affects the emotion of it. IMO it shouldn't. But we all know that BBN is an emotional nation.

Agree to disagree. Rex wants to be relevant in sports at any level. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm explaining the motivation of him running with whatever info he collected. It is self serving. Which isn't a bad thing in that career.

 

Agree to disagree. If he lands a bigtime gig in 2014/15 I'll agree with you. If one simple tweet was all that was needed for him to get a good gig then 1.)why hasn't he tweeted that out already and 2.) why hasn't he cleaned up his tweets?

 

He is not politically correct at all. :lol2:

If he wanted to be a reporter like Chris Broussard then I'd be with you. He's currently a color analyst according to his Wikipedia page for a college out in Arizona that is transitioning from DII to DI. Color analysts don't break news stories, they cover games and privide insight on the floor during the game. I don't see how this tweet will help him get work as a color analyst.

 

If he wasn't relevant we woudn't be having this discussion right now. I doubt if Aminu Timberlake said the same thing anyone would care.

 

You seem to believe that everything is in a neat category in broadcasting. You are mistaken my friend.

He might as well be in prison with the way people are acting... It's really not that serious.

 

I don't think it's serious at all but I think he screwed up and refuses to accept that. It's a PR disaster for him. Here's what he doesn't seem to get, most of the people who read his blog are the people he has pissed off.

Agree to disagree. If he lands a bigtime gig in 2014/15 I'll agree with you. If one simple tweet was all that was needed for him to get a good gig then 1.)why hasn't he tweeted that out already and 2.) why hasn't he cleaned up his tweets?

 

He is not politically correct at all. :lol2:

 

 

He throws spaghetti to the wall. He is trying every way to enhance his career. I don't think it's bad. But if you can't see that, then we have to disagree. The guy is 50 years old and doing Div. 2 Basketball????? He is hitting while the iron is hot from Saturday. He got privy to something he trusted and went with it. I don't blame him at all.

You seem to believe that everything is in a neat category in broadcasting. You are mistaken my friend.

 

I've never seen a color analyst break a news story. Ever.

 

And this isn't a breaking news story. This is a color analyst saying what he heard. Big difference.

I don't think it's serious at all but I think he screwed up and refuses to accept that. It's a PR disaster for him. Here's what he doesn't seem to get, most of the people who read his blog are the people he has pissed off.

 

:lol2:

 

PR disaster. :lol2: :lol2:

He throws spaghetti to the wall. He is trying every way to enhance his career. I don't think it's bad. But if you can't see that, then we have to disagree. The guy is 50 years old and doing Div. 2 Basketball????? He is hitting while the iron is hot from Saturday. He got privy to something he trusted and went with it. I don't blame him at all.

 

Okay. We agree to disagree. :lol2:

 

Grand Canyon University is DI now. Just like NKU.

 

He did DI NCAA tournament games in 2013 and 2014. In 2013 he was alongside Seth Davis, Steve Smith and Matt Winer. In 2014 he was longside Rob Bromley on TNT.

 

I think he knows the necessary people to go for the job he so desparately seeks by tweeting out what he heard on a Monday night to his 45K followers. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.