Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College basketball vs. NBA

Featured Replies

Poor example. Don't you think chicken may be cheaper because it is easier and less expensive to produce?

 

Using your example would mean that Cowboys football is better than Seattle Seahawks football because Cowboys tickets are more expensive. By a lot...

 

Go check season ticket prices on stubhub. Dallas and Seattle tickets are roughly the same with Seattle holding a slight edge. Swing and a miss.

 

If restaurants could charge 24.99 for chicken, they would. Thing is, they can't set that price the same as the prime rib because then there is no reason to buy the inferior product and they would have wasted inventory on chicken. Lesson over...

  • Replies 128
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check this shot out from Paul George last night. Anyone think Fresno State Paul George could hit this and look this casual? This almost looks effortless, scary how good these guys are!

Check this shot out from Paul George last night. Anyone think Fresno State Paul George could hit this and look this casual? This almost looks effortless, scary how good these guys are!

 

They always make crazy crap like that every game. Seems like once a night there is a highlight of a team hitting a shot from beyond half court.

Check this shot out from Paul George last night. Anyone think Fresno State Paul George could hit this and look this casual? This almost looks effortless, scary how good these guys are!

 

 

I saw that on Sportscenter last night. Hilarious.

 

 

Pure.

I just love basketball. As long as it's not womens basketball, I'll watch. If I had to choose between the NCAA and NBA, I'd choose NBA every time.

People who say there is no defense being played in the NBA don't know NBA basketball. It's being played, and it's being played at an extremely high level.

 

True. What those guys can do on d is pretty awesome. BUT, what guys in the NBA do do from time to time, is take plays, half's, even games off and don't play to the level they are capable. And it's pretty evident when they do this. But it also understood and accepted by many coaches and those in the league. I've herd it discussed before. The 82 game schedule is an absolute grind and will and does wear down even the best players, so it's kind of an accepted practice. There is a reason the level of play increases in the NBA playoffs. Because then, nobody is taking time off, EVERYONE is giving 100% then. I think that's a good argument to shorten the NBA regular season to 50 games or so. Every game means more then, and you will see a higher level of play most every night. My opinion anyway.

True. What those guys can do on d is pretty awesome. BUT, what guys in the NBA do do from time to time, is take plays, half's, even games off and don't play to the level they are capable. And it's pretty evident when they do this. But it also understood and accepted by many coaches and those in the league. I've herd it discussed before. The 82 game schedule is an absolute grind and will and does wear down even the best players, so it's kind of an accepted practice. There is a reason the level of play increases in the NBA playoffs. Because then, nobody is taking time off, EVERYONE is giving 100% then. I think that's a good argument to shorten the NBA regular season to 50 games or so. Every game means more then, and you will see a higher level of play most every night. My opinion anyway.

 

No.

No.

 

No to what? If to taking time off and not playing their hardest...yes...I have heard former NBA players talk about it.

No to what? If to taking time off and not playing their hardest...yes...I have heard former NBA players talk about it.

 

No to your proposal to shortening the season because the poor babies can't handle the grind of an 82 game season.

 

Are you saying guys in college don't take plays off?

I love all college sports more than I do pro. I like minor league baseball more than the majors, too. I feel more involved on a personal level, I guess, and that means more to me than seeing the best play the best all of the time on TV.

No to your proposal to shortening the season because the poor babies can't handle the grind of an 82 game season.

 

Are you saying guys in college don't take plays off?

 

Sure some do, and some coaches probably let it happen for the "superstar" players, but I believe most coaches at the college level don't let them get away with it as much, and the possible consequence for them is greater than for an NBA guy in most cases.

College sports rule! ProSports can go away... ALL OF THEM...

College is must more entertaining to watch.

I love all college sports more than I do pro. I like minor league baseball more than the majors, too.

 

Ugh. I hate minor league baseball. Mostly I just hate the idea of farm systems. Everything about minor league baseball drives me crazy when I stop to think about it... so I find it's best not to think about it and just get a cold beer and sit along the third base line and enjoy it.

It's fine if you like college sports better than pro sports because of passion, affiliation, etc... but pro basketball is a better product. Period, there is no argument.

True. What those guys can do on d is pretty awesome. BUT, what guys in the NBA do do from time to time, is take plays, half's, even games off and don't play to the level they are capable. And it's pretty evident when they do this. But it also understood and accepted by many coaches and those in the league. I've herd it discussed before. The 82 game schedule is an absolute grind and will and does wear down even the best players, so it's kind of an accepted practice. There is a reason the level of play increases in the NBA playoffs. Because then, nobody is taking time off, EVERYONE is giving 100% then. I think that's a good argument to shorten the NBA regular season to 50 games or so. Every game means more then, and you will see a higher level of play most every night. My opinion anyway.

That is what I see everytime I try and watch a NBA game. Guys taking not just plays off but long stretches of time off.

 

When I'm told they play great D, well that is awesome, I'd sure hope the best players inthe world at that sport would be capable of playing great D, the problem is most of the time when I watch not everyone on the floor is putting forth 100% at the same time.

 

I like College. The officials are better, or at least call a foul etc. most of the time. NBA bores me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.