April 3, 201412 yr That is what I see everytime I try and watch a NBA game. Guys taking not just plays off but long stretches of time off. When I'm told they play great D, well that is awesome, I'd sure hope the best players inthe world at that sport would be capable of playing great D, the problem is most of the time when I watch not everyone on the floor is putting forth 100% at the same time. I like College. The officials are better, or at least call a foul etc. most of the time. NBA bores me. As to the bolded, you can say the exact same thing about the college game. Like others have said, if you like the college game better, awesome, more power to ya, nothing at all wrong with that. It's not even close to being a better quality of product than the NBA game, though.
April 4, 201412 yr As to the bolded, you can say the exact same thing about the college game. Like others have said, if you like the college game better, awesome, more power to ya, nothing at all wrong with that. It's not even close to being a better quality of product than the NBA game, though. I don't think anyone is saying the NBA is low quality. The players are the best of the best. But in my case I just find the college game more entertaining. There's all kinds of exciting college games on TV throughout the season. It doesn't have to be a UK-Louisville or a UNC-Duke game. EKU-Morehead State or Temple-LaSalle may put on a good show. In the NBA there's only about 6 teams in any given year worth watching. That's why we see the same teams over and over on TV. The rest are boring with many lopsided games. Who'd want to watch Charlotte and Washington battle, unless they're interested in seeing John Wall.
April 4, 201412 yr I'm late to this party. I can watch, enjoy, and nibble my nails at any level or gender in the game of B-Ball from kindergarden kids to college, but Men's NBA?... Really can't bring myself to give a hoot. Perhaps it has something to do with them not reaching any further as they're already at the top. I do very much dig watching Woman's NBA because I'm fascinated to see woman excelling at the highest level possible.
April 4, 201412 yr I don't think anyone is saying the NBA is low quality. The players are the best of the best. But in my case I just find the college game more entertaining. There's all kinds of exciting college games on TV throughout the season. It doesn't have to be a UK-Louisville or a UNC-Duke game. EKU-Morehead State or Temple-LaSalle may put on a good show. In the NBA there's only about 6 teams in any given year worth watching. That's why we see the same teams over and over on TV. The rest are boring with many lopsided games. Who'd want to watch Charlotte and Washington battle, unless they're interested in seeing John Wall. Charlotte and Washington are both playoff teams this year. That would be a great show. Just saying. I get your point, though, and as an NBA over college guy I'd watch the Bobcats/Wizards before Temple/LaSalle. I tried to watch EKU/Murray State and couldn't take more than 10 minutes. If it isn't top 25 teams playing I won't watch it. I have the NBA League Pass and I'll enjoy any NBA game that is played. Quality is entertainment for me.
April 4, 201412 yr Charlotte and Washington are both playoff teams this year. That would be a great show. Just saying. I get your point, though, and as an NBA over college guy I'd watch the Bobcats/Wizards before Temple/LaSalle. I tried to watch EKU/Murray State and couldn't take more than 10 minutes. If it isn't top 25 teams playing I won't watch it. I have the NBA League Pass and I'll enjoy any NBA game that is played. Quality is entertainment for me. Me too. It's killing me. West coast games kill me.
April 4, 201412 yr Charlotte and Washington are both playoff teams this year. That would be a great show. Just saying. I get your point, though, and as an NBA over college guy I'd watch the Bobcats/Wizards before Temple/LaSalle. I tried to watch EKU/Murray State and couldn't take more than 10 minutes. If it isn't top 25 teams playing I won't watch it. I have the NBA League Pass and I'll enjoy any NBA game that is played. Quality is entertainment for me. Not me brother. Some of the NBA product is pretty bad. If there is a hotly contested college game, especially a rivalry like EKU/Murray that's evenly matched, give me the college game. You can have Philly/Cleveland and Utah/Sac. Are the players better? Well sure they are. Is the game more FUN to watch. IMHO, absolutely not.
April 4, 201412 yr Not me brother. Some of the NBA product is pretty bad. If there is a hotly contested college game, especially a rivalry like EKU/Murray that's evenly matched, give me the college game. You can have Philly/Cleveland and Utah/Sac. Are the players better? Well sure they are. Is the game more FUN to watch. IMHO, absolutely not. Again, entertainment value does not equal a better product. The NBA is a better product 100% of the time. That is an indisputable fact. Doesn't mean people can't get more entertainment or enjoyment from watching a college game though.
April 4, 201412 yr Again, entertainment value does not equal a better product. The NBA is a better product 100% of the time. That is an indisputable fact. Doesn't mean people can't get more entertainment or enjoyment from watching a college game though. I wish the college guys would quit using the word product. The college game is not a better product by any stretch of the imagination. No way no how is EKU/Murray a better product than Philly/Sac. Why are they making his so hard? :lol2:
April 4, 201412 yr I wish the college guys would quit using the word product. The college game is not a better product by any stretch of the imagination. No way no how is EKU/Murray a better product than Philly/Sac. Why are they making his so hard? :lol2: I'm not going out of my way to watch Philly/Sac that's for sure but I'm sure not watching EKU/Murray either. Were talking top 25 NCAA teams and top 10-15 NBA teams. It's no contest. UK fans have been blessed this NCAA tourney with some awesome games but a lot of times that isn't the case.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.