April 3, 201412 yr I'm not watching all 351 just like I don't watch all the NBA teams. Product is up to the individual. A prime rib cost more than a chicken breast but to some they would prefer the chicken. You can prefer the chicken, but there is a reason it costs $12.99 and the prime rib is $24.99. One is the superior product. By a lot...
April 3, 201412 yr You can prefer the chicken, but there is a reason it costs $12.99 and the prime rib is $24.99. One is the superior product. By a lot... I said the NBA is superior but the product is up to the individual. I like both but prefer the college game. I would rather watch a HS game over an NBA doesn't mean I think HS players are better.
April 3, 201412 yr You can prefer the chicken, but there is a reason it costs $12.99 and the prime rib is $24.99. One is the superior product. By a lot... BTW, The Chop House has their prime rib for $11 during the week.
April 3, 201412 yr I said the NBA is superior but the product is up to the individual. I like both but prefer the college game. I would rather watch a HS game over an NBA doesn't mean I think HS players are better. I would rather sit down and watch a college game 9 times out of 10. I just realize the actual product on the floor in the NBA is FAR superior. I mean, I spend 12 plus hours a day watching crappy AAU games all spring and summer looking for guys that are going to be high major players at the college level with little chance of playing in the NBA. You can prefer the chicken and still know the prime rib would taste better...
April 3, 201412 yr Obviously, this is a personal preference and you just are wasting time if you think the NCAA is better because the NBA doesn't play defense, just no way that is true. Now why I like the college game better is the knowledge of the local teams and wanting them to do well. So I simply just watch more of it. I don't have that with the NBA. I didn't with the NFL either until I moved to NKY in 1976. I believe if I had grown up in San Antonio, where there really is not much locally but the Spurs, I might think much differently. Those people are rabid about the Spurs. I know the NBA really has a truer reflection of the best team because of series, but there is nothing more exciting than March Madness and it is because of the lose you are out process.
April 3, 201412 yr To me when the word "product" is used I am thinking of the play on the court. I understand but when I think of it I'm thinking of what I want to see. I have no problem with the NBA. I'm actually taking my boy to his first NBA game on Friday night.
April 3, 201412 yr I understand but when I think of it I'm thinking of what I want to see. I have no problem with the NBA. I'm actually taking my boy to his first NBA game on Friday night. Sweet. It's 100X better in person.
April 3, 201412 yr The first round of the NBA playoff are usually a complete waste of time. NCAA has a much better regular season and it's tough to beat the drama of March Madness. Except the best team doesn't always win. And even then, except for a few rare instances (again, I mention 'Nova in 1985), it's always one of the big boys that take home the prize. Sure you get the upsets in the first two rounds, and somebody will sneak into the Final Four every few years. But typically, there is very little drama, especially in the championship game. And don't give me UK as an example this year. Most talented team, preseason #1, most were picking them to be exactly where they were are at the beginning of the season. Game 7 of a playoff series is about as dramatic as it gets.
April 3, 201412 yr Sweet. It's 100X better in person. We got good seats. Row N in the end zone. I'm looking forward to it. I've not been to a NBA game since the Triple J Ranch played for the Mavericks
April 3, 201412 yr Get some playoff tickets some time in the near future and check back into this conversation. No basketball compares to the NBA playoffs live IMO. Especially the deeper you go.
April 3, 201412 yr The NCAA has between 25 to 35 teams that are worth watching on any given night. I realize the college game is on a completely lower level in talent from the pro game, but big deal, it's still more competitive and enjoyable to watch. From my past experiences of trying to watch the NBA there are about 4 to 6 teams worth watching, and those seen to be the ones that TV show over and over (unless it's the Lakers, and they would get exposure wheather they won 10 games or 100). When one of the top teams isn't on you get a snoozer like last nights Brooklyn game that was on just before the McDonald's game. I don't follow the NBA with the exception of watching a little of the playoffs, but it always seems to be top heavy to me (similar to the SEC on a college level comparsion.) The majority of NBA games are boring. And as I said, I don't watch it much anymore except for a few highlights on ESPN, which are unavoidable, but do they still play that goofy organ music throughout their games? That used to get on my last nerve.
April 3, 201412 yr You mean like this? That is to be expected, just the Duke bias that I talked about earlier in the year Kind of like the Jordan no calls when he played in the NBA.
April 3, 201412 yr You can prefer the chicken, but there is a reason it costs $12.99 and the prime rib is $24.99. One is the superior product. By a lot... Poor example. Don't you think chicken may be cheaper because it is easier and less expensive to produce? Using your example would mean that Cowboys football is better than Seattle Seahawks football because Cowboys tickets are more expensive. By a lot...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.