Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College basketball vs. NBA

Featured Replies

College basketball without question. I just can't seem to get into the NBA for some reason. I will watch a little in the playoffs but each year it gets less and less.

 

Same here. ^

  • Replies 128
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still can't figure out why you can't grasp the fact that NBA games feature twice as many possessions as college games. If they weren't playing defense, regular season scoring would be the same as it is in the All-Star game.

 

This... The All-Star game is an example of no defense in the NBA.

I've watched the NBA more and more the last three years. Love the athleticism.

 

I don't watch college basketball until all of football is over, which basically leaves the conference schedules.

 

I've never bought the "no defense" argument, either. Take KD for example...how do you guard 7'0 with handles, range, post moves and every other God given gift he has? They couldn't in college and they can't in the NBA.

 

One thing about the NBA (along with baseball and softball), they find the true champion b/c of it being a series based tourney.

There have been numerous times this year watching Kentucky where the Harrisons or Young have made a move that is without question a travel by college rules. They call traveling more at the college levels because guys switch pivot feet like it's going out of style.

 

But college players can't pick up their dribble at the 3 point line and take 3-4 steps to dunk with no traveling called.

 

Travel calls are missed at all levels but NBA players travel a lot with no call.

Traveling? Like an extra step? Who cares? It's makes the game more interesting. Scoring got so low in the NBA they had to give the offense something. Yes, defense was that good.

 

Continuation is a rule. Personally I like it if it is officiated properly.

 

One underrated aspect of NBA defense is the complexity. Against guys like James and Durant it's really a hybrid man/zone. You don't get that in college. That's why so many young bigs struggle defensively. Even as great as Davis' individual defensive numbers are he still has lapses from the team defensive standpoint. And he's one of the best players in the league.

 

It's like comparing college and the NFL. If you're looking for the best quality, specifically defensively, college teams are always going to leave you dissatisfied. I like college football better personally but the NFL is a better product IMO.

College is a much better

product for me. If it were I'd watch it. But we all have our preference.

College is a much better

product for me. If it were I'd watch it. But we all have our preference.

 

College basketball is more entertaining but to say it is a better product......:no:

My only complaint with officials in the NBA is the treatment they give star players, other than that officiating in the NBA is 10X better than college, it's not even close. I love college more because I beer grew up around an NBA team, the closest one was in Indy. If I grew up in a city with a team I would probably like it a lot more. College I've always had UK cause I grew up in KY and went there for college. I'm tied to college BBall not NBA. I think that is why most people in KY don't like the NBA IMO.

But college players can't pick up their dribble at the 3 point line and take 3-4 steps to dunk with no traveling called.

 

Travel calls are missed at all levels but NBA players travel a lot with no call.

 

 

You mean like this?

 

 

You mean like this?

 

 

 

That's only cause it's Duke :sssh:

College all day for me.

 

I like the NBA & I partially agree with what others are saying about the Playoffs being great basketball, but I've found that it's not all of the Playoffs. It's the later rounds of the Playoffs that are usually really good.

 

The first round of the NBA playoff are usually a complete waste of time. NCAA has a much better regular season and it's tough to beat the drama of March Madness.

You mean like this?

 

 

 

Officials love Duke.

Edited by Randy Parker

Here's the thing in this debate that drives me nuts.

 

If you like the college game more, there are plenty of reasons that are perfectly acceptable. Saying you like the college game more because they "don't play defense in the NBA" is just lazy. And completely false. It's OK to love following "your" team through 30 regular season games, the conference tournament and the Big Dance.

 

Hell, I prefer the college game even though I know the NBA is the far superior basketball product. Just call a spade a spade...

^^^^

 

NBA is by far superior with the level of play by I'm not sure it is the better product.

^^^^

 

NBA is by far superior with the level of play by I'm not sure it is the better product.

 

There are 351 D-1 teams. You sure about that product statement?

There are 351 D-1 teams. You sure about that product statement?

 

I'm not watching all 351 just like I don't watch all the NBA teams.

 

Product is up to the individual. A prime rib cost more than a chicken breast but to some they would prefer the chicken.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.